Full Anime Ranking List:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tenderizer17?order=4&order2=3&status=7 ======================================================================================== Sort my list by "Started Date" (descending), to see a detailed ranking of every anime I've scored.
I normally don't score sequels, if I do they're a 11, 10, 9 or 1.
My scores aren't based on how good an anime is, or even how much I enjoy an anime. They're based on how much I like an anime.
GOD DAMN IT PEOPLE, STOP DESCRIBING YOUR RATING SYSTEM. Even a bad rating system should make sense without explanation.
I don't give out 1/10 scores unless the anime has a global score of 7.00 or above.
I have decided to watch the first episode of every anime anybody ever rightfully cares about this year. I'll drop the overwhelming majority.
I've tagged a bunch of anime in my list with "dub", "sub" or "both". This describes which version I've seen (to completion). If you don't watch a dub from start to finish, you can't fairly criticise it.
Anime: SAO Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment. Character: Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito) from SAO Abridged. People: Whoever's responsible for 3-gatsu no Lion Season 2 Episode 4 being so amazing.
Nothing else compares to the torture that is Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho. I don't have (good) words to describe how insufferable this movie is.
I'm sure there are worse anime I've dropped after one episode. Ignoring anything that scored below a 7 on MAL, Junjou Romantica and Saint Seiya are good examples of "first episodes proving a series has the potential to be worse than Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho".
1. Sawabe Tsubaki (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
2. Yuusaku Godai (Maisson Ikokku)
3. Arita Mayu (Death Parade)
4. Tatara Fujita (Ballroom e Youkoso)
5. Kiryuu Moeka (Steins;gate)
6. Hashida Itaru (In the sub of Steins;gate, in the dub I consider him to be sufferable)
7. Nine (Zankyou no Terror)
8. Okabe Rintarou (In the sub of Steins;gate, in the dub he's one of my favourites)
9. Atsuko Kaguri (Little Witch Academia)
10. Dera Mochimazzui (Tamako Market)
1. Lynn Okamoto (Author of Elfen Lied and Brynhildr in the Darkness)
2. Shinsuke Yanagi (Director of Tenshi no 3P and Ryuuou no Oshigoto)
3. Takao Yoshioka (Script and Series Composition for Your Lie in April and Elfen Lied)
1. Koe no Katachi 2. Houseki no Kuni 3. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica 4. 3-gatsu no Lion 5. Non Non Biyori
1. If the first episode ends on a cliffhanger, that doesn't bode well for my continuation of the series.
2. If it starts with a thunderstorm, it's a completely lost cause.
3. If it's really long (and not split into seasons) I'll almost certainly drop it.
4. If the first episode features any fourth wall breaking humour (AKA, the laziest form of humour imaginable) then it'll be dropped immediately.
5. If it's a romance anime based on incomplete source material, it'll be dropped regardless of how good it is.
6. If it's an anime from before the 2000's I'll almost certainly drop it.
7. If it's a sport anime, I'll almost certainly drop it.
8. There are anime I'll watch regardless of how good the first episode is.
9. Basically everything's trash.