[I dropped this show when i figured that no new rivals and angels will appear. Tell me if there's anything really entertaining after 21 ep.]
This show was sort of entertaining, especially in its second half, after they modyfied the battle arena. In supokon-like animes like this one of the most interesting points is meeting new rivals with amazing skills and cool look; and also watching the protagonist become more and more skillful. So, here we get all of it.
But let me tell you about the things that really suck here.
1. the humour. poor Ogata guy
2. one of the ideas of this anime is solving one's
psychological problems about the height. they tell us: "You are a small person and hate it? You are a tall person and hate it? NO PROBLEM! Fight with these robots and everything will be ok!" -- stupid, really. and like, "She defeated me. But i am small. Beat her with your robot for my sake robot and show that the small people can win!"
3. voicing. maybe some men will like Misaki's cheeping voice, but for me, it sounds really unnatural
4. romance and a love triangle. so boring. "i like him but he likes another girl"
5. Oh, that's so annoying. another psychological problem to be chewed during the whole 26 episodes. "I don't want her to know i am ill, so i better disappear without letting her know where i am......or maybe i should see her...i'll go and see her right now!....oh no, i changed my mind" LOOP
So, i wish there were only robot battles with no drama subtext))
So, the story may be 5-6
The art is 7 (colours are good)
Sound is 7 (the second ED is really good)
Characters are 4 (poor, excluding maybe Sai)
Enjoyment is 6