Back to Sausious's Profile Sausious's Profile

Oct 1, 2017
Context: I am a rather big Symphogear fan who was extremely let down by GX, and considered not even watching AXZ after the train wreck that came before it.

And I am very glad that I didn't miss out on it.

From the start to (almost) the finish AXZ has been nothing short of amazing. There's some weird metaphors and phrasing but it's Symphogear so I mostly expected that.

Unlike the previous season, and even the first, every episode (with one exception) was fulfilling and enjoyable, with each making me more excited for the next one. The character development of each character was very natural and fitting, read more
Sep 4, 2016
This will be coming from someone who is overwhelmingly hyped for Persona 5, and a large fan of Shin Megami Tensei in general.

As a standalone OVA the story is a bit less than you'd expect. It has its interesting points and a decent, if a predictable, twist. It certainly sets up a good atmosphere that never fully breaks, but that's about it. There's no real pay off in the end as it sets us back to the Velvet Room at the end, making it a "possible" path rather than one that we should just assume happens in the future game.

The characters are alright, if you've read more