Report Naanchos's Profile

Statistics

Anime Stats
Days: 149.9
Mean Score: 4.68
  • Total Entries470
  • Rewatched0
  • Episodes10,214
Anime History Last Anime Updates
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 3: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 3: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season
Sep 14, 4:43 PM
Completed 24/24 · Scored 5
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 3: Stardust Crusaders
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 3: Stardust Crusaders
Sep 14, 4:43 PM
Completed 24/24 · Scored 6
Kodomo no Jikan Recap
Kodomo no Jikan Recap
Sep 14, 4:42 PM
Completed 1/1 · Scored 5
Manga Stats
Days: 38.0
Mean Score: 5.71
  • Total Entries114
  • Reread0
  • Chapters6,836
  • Volumes609
Manga History Last Manga Updates
Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san
Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san
Nov 8, 8:32 PM
Reading 47/? · Scored 6
Chobits
Chobits
Oct 31, 3:20 PM
Completed 88/88 · Scored 7
Aoi Haru
Aoi Haru
Sep 18, 5:16 PM
Completed 7/7 · Scored 7

Favorites

All Comments (31) Comments

Would you like to post a comment? Please login or sign up first!
RepentInReprise Aug 14, 2:19 AM
I truly appreciate your discussion with Sphinxter about Kodomo No Jikan... easily one of my favorite manga. The dynamic of exploring the notion, dynamics, and principles of an age gap relationship in such a way that is presented in Kodomo on Jikan, is unparalleled. If you have any recommendations for me, please let me know. Feel free to look through my manga list to see if I haven't read anything age gap related, that you'd suggest.
Sphinxter Aug 12, 7:22 AM
> Well, she openly confesses to Aoki in more than one ocassion and lives in a disfunctional household, more disfunctional than Usa and Kuro and the rest of the students (which we know nothing about), which might make her more needy of attention, wherever it may come from. She clearly tries to get Aoki's attention, that's for sure, but does she really have the intention to deal harm in any way? Considering she's a kid, it's easier to assume she has an egotistical way to behave (like many kids do), not taking in consideration how annoying she might be.

That would be the criminal culpability part — however the point of the plot is that it's quickly revealed that Rin has an implausibly advanced understanding of the world for someone of his age. Rin has coerced Aoki's coöperation on multiple occasions by threatening to frame _him_ for rape and successfully exposed a principal that was sexually harassing students showing he fully understands how the legal system surrounding sexual assault works together with many other comments.

This is one of the points the book constantly makes: Rin feels it is unfair that he gets treated as a child regarding sexual matters simply for being young whist demonstrating a thorough understanding of it that goes above that of many adults but also uses being treated as a child to escape culpability: he basically wants both pieces of the pie: the freedom without the responsibilities.

> Not exactly, since there should be a certain level of trauma involving the events. I'll give you that all of this may ressemble a Stockholm syndrome situation, but after reading the story, I think it isn't.

I think not the original captives in the Stockholm bank robbery were traumatized per se or at least there was no evidence of it. "Stockholm syndrome"; as far as I know it simply means a person that paradoxically develops an attachment to whoever abuses him in some way.
Sphinxter Aug 11, 11:23 PM
> And the jail time thing, I don't know what that has to do with this. If you wanna broaden the possibilities of the plot and analyze it in a different way, I guess it's fine, but it goes beyond the point I made.

Well your argument is that it's not severe and just "teasing"; my argument is that it's so severe that the only thing that stops Rin from jail time is not being considered legally culpable due to his age.

But yes one might argue that it's despite not due to but what exactly makes Rin stand out from all the other students then?

How Stockholm syndrome in general works is that abuse is a form of attention which makes a man fall in love with his abuser.
Sphinxter Aug 11, 10:26 PM
> That's a bit far-fetched. Although Aoki doesn't seem to actively respond to Rin's teasing, he's visibly uncomfortable and tries to understand the cause of why Rin acts like that, considering she's a primary school girl and kids at that age shouldn't act like that. If he continues to be teased and abused, it's because of the lack of experience from the guy to deal with problematic children.

Well the comic pretty much unambiguously ends with Aoki admitting his love for Rin and for most of it he was making excuses convincing itself it was a paternal rather than romantic feeling but it probably has elements of both.

At the end of the day Rin's merciless sexual assault which Aoki has given no inclination of liking whatsoever has seemed to pay off and Aoki has fallen in love with Rin — the only other argument I see is that it was despite of it, not due to it.

> And about the masochist part, that's completely different from Stockholm syndrome. It's shown in the story as a possible fetish from Aoki and it's used for comedic effect, not as a permanent consequence from being teased, so those are unrelated.

I more so mean that it highlights that Kuro and Rin admit and realize that Rin's behavior is abusive.

Essentially had Rin displayed similar behavior to a fellow student Rin would have been expelled over it; in fact I'd argue that in real life if a student does what Rin did then he would get expelled over it. The only thing that saves Rin from jail time is that individuals of Rin's age are not generally regarded as criminally culpable — if Rin were 14 doing the same thing it would mean serious legal consequences in practice.
Sphinxter Aug 11, 8:26 PM
Why not? Aoki gets repeatedly angry at Rin and continues to be physically, sexually, and emotionally abused by Rin throughout the story?

There's even a part where Kuro and Rin note that Aoki seems to be a masochist that likes all the abuse which leads to Kuro stopping to constantly hit Aoki and Mimi starting to do it thinking Aoki will like it.
CoreFinder Jun 14, 2017 9:36 PM
It was a good review being your first one.I think you should write another review.I didn't laugh even once in the only ep I watched.Daily lives of high school boys is more funny than this even though I didn't like it.
Marsune Jun 21, 2016 10:42 PM
Gracias por aceptar mi invitación ^^
Espero podamos ser amigos y hablar de anime y otros gustos :D
paraze Nov 8, 2015 2:48 AM
Did I really forgot to write a reply? Anyway thanks you for reading. :)
Lil-Bird Sep 10, 2015 11:00 PM
Lol I don't know how to describe it, honestly. It's just basically thirty minutes or so of you watching this character sleep with the camera changing angles every now and then. On occasion, she mumbles in her sleep, and even sleepwalks, but that's about it until she wakes up in the end and thinks it's cute you watched over her as she slept.

Hinako is nothing more than a video girl, from the looks of things, and it's probably the creepiest of the Hinako trilogy. At least with the "Training with Hinako" one, it's like an exercise video even though it's more-or-less fixated on her boobs the entire time. Same goes with "Bathing with Hinako".

All I can really say is, "Only in Japan."
Lil-Bird Jul 9, 2015 9:32 PM
I'm actually kinda wondering if there was ever a complete-series DVD release of Evangelion instead of the (out-of-print) seven-volume DVD releases, and the (also) out-of-print platinum box-set. Although supposedly, there's plans for a Blu-Ray remastered release, so...

Yeah, it's fun. I talk with my brothers about this sort of thing as well, as well as with friends online if they're also into anime/cartoons, or at least are casual watchers. It's also usually casual talk as well, I can't really think of a time when it didn't count as casual talk, lol. I know quite a bit about animation, but I don't know everything about the industry, especially since the animation industry in Japan differs quite a bit with other countries--the skills and methods are the exact same, but I want to say the difference is because of business ethics or something. (Apparently in Japan, unless you work at Studio Ghibli as they're the only studio that hires full-time, it's like hard, slave labor to be an animator, but I have to look more into this.)
Lil-Bird Jul 9, 2015 6:32 PM
Yup. I don't consider myself that patient of a person, but I keep myself busy waiting for episodes to download.

I haven't completely listed down all the anime I have in my collection, especially since I separated the more adult-oriented anime from the "family friendly" (or closest to "family friendly" that doesn't make Mom have conniption fits), so the latter are all downstairs with the rest of the anime collection shared among us siblings. I want Cowboy Bebop so bad, lol, but I had wanted Space Dandy more for my birthday. I don't have the Rebuild movies, but I do have everything else that's Evangelion. Got them all at the thrift store I mentioned, because that place is like my best friend. They're the older ADV DVDs, and the Death/Rebirth and End of Evangelion movies were a little bit more pricey (most Manga Entertainment-released OVAs/movies aren't that pricey at the thrift store), but it's worth it, even if it takes up a bit of room on my shelf.
Lil-Bird Jul 9, 2015 12:55 PM
Because of buffering and that I don't always trust my Internet (and that sometimes episodes just get pulled for whatever reason off of YouTube), yeah, I typically download so I can watch in succession without much interruption, though I still do watch on streaming websites. Long shows with more than 24 episodes usually get the download treatment, though. If I know I'm not going to get to the series in a while, but I still want to watch it, and I just know it has a chance of disappearing, I will snag them for safe-keeping. If it's also a show I'd like my brother watch as well, usually with me, I also save it so we could watch it at any given time.

There have been a few times where I actually got myself a physical copy to watch on TV, though, but it's not that common for me. I usually rely on thrift stores for DVD copies. My favorite surprise anime I picked up out of random because it was the complete series (and was my birthday, to boot, and I had wanted a new anime to watch) was Solty Rei. Two discs are unfortunately too scratched to completely watch all of the episodes on them, but it was in otherwise good condition, and I was happy I had bought it despite it being a blind buy. It's one of Funimation's lesser-known dubs, apparently, even though it's a good dub.
Lil-Bird Jul 8, 2015 11:50 PM
Yeah, I can see how talks of its popularity can make it hard to sit through episodes. I can't think of any examples where I took forever with popular anime with exception of Bleach, but that's kind of to be expected, lol. It's actually that one rare anime where I kinda feel like I have to have all of the episodes before I can force myself to sit and watch it willingly. It's weird.
Lil-Bird Jul 8, 2015 10:12 PM
Lol it's the same way here. I always say that I have to be part of the hype from the beginning(ish) in order to fully appreciate something that gets popular, otherwise I'm just going to feel underwhelmed when I get to it. It's happened a number of times, though my biggest ones are Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online (understandable, it's a terrible show anyway you look at it), and Nichijou. The positive outcomes I can think of were Fullmetal Alchemist (but that's probably because I had no real idea what the show was about until I got around to it, so it surprised me in a good way), Higurashi, and CLANNAD. Though these were probably because I wasn't given much detail about what happened in those shows, meanwhile, the others I had been exposed to quite a bit on "accident". That's probably it.
Lil-Bird Jul 8, 2015 3:17 PM
Right, but at the same time, you never know if something's good until you get right down into it. Adding other elements to slice-of-life is a good idea, and it's been done before, but it takes a bit of digging around to find them if you don't know where to look.