Back to Kirabochips's Profile Kirabochips's Profile

Mar 31, 2015
Gintama (Anime) add (All reviews)
How should I put this... Gintama is incredibly disappointing.

Story: 2
Art: 6
Sound: 6
Character: 4
Enjoyment: 2
Overall: 2

The basic plot about the Aliens (the West) colonizing Edo Japan in the end of the 19th century could have been exploited nicely, but all I got was childish humour relying almost exclusively on inscrutable references and monotonous slapstick. I only watched season 1, but I just can't go any further. I smiled sometimes at first, but then it grew tiresome and eventually too painful to carry on watching.
The characters are not very interesting from what I've seen, which is a pity considering the character design is one of Gintama's strongest read more
Mar 31, 2014
Easily one of the most anticipated animes ever, and really promising after watching 3 episodes.

BUT.

Too many plot holes, contradictions, totally anti-climactic dumb speeches, underdeveloped concepts. Proceeding through suggestion and not developing ideas are two different things, and I think Imaishi kind of messed up with this one.

His previous works had strong ideas brilliantly conveyed through his blend between raw over-the-top energy and parodic/absurd/erotic humour.

TTGL was all about a philosophical manifest for reason and moderation in mankind's progress, plus nekketsu applied to what one must endure to become an adult. It helped me a lot to go through one of my best friends' bereavement, and outpass read more