Back to Iplemons's Profile Iplemons's Profile

Jan 11, 2019
Honestly, I was prepared to be underwhelmed because the stereotype trope could easily have gone down the tank. But I had to read it because I just kept seeing this cute girl on my dashboard and I was not disappointed.

Komi-san has a really unique system of name puns and general in the story that are really funny if you have some cultural or language knowledge and make the story more enjoyable. Some of the tropes or subtle artistic jokes (clothing choices for example) are also more funny for this reason as well.

She is a really lovable character with social anxiety and only one person read more
Jan 2, 2019
I'm well into the story as to where it stands right now I'm currently on chapter 43.

The story is really unique despite "I know what mangas ya'll are about to relate this to". It's really nothing like that at its core it just has the similarity of...walls and survival. There are lots of really unique twists and turns in the story that had me making ugly noises when I read them.

The art I find unique in the sense that it seems to draw some inspiration from western art. It's a good representation of how style mash-ups should look.

The writing and pacing is beautiful. I never read more
Jan 29, 2018
If you liked Dragon Maid, you'll love Kanna. This series has extremely cute art, great yuri moments (more between Kobayashi and Tohru than their own manga actually!) and is extremely cute and heartfelt. It could be a stand alone if it wanted to be

Following around Kanna has been such a bright light when it comes to a fun slice of life manga. She's as cute as ever and you really get new appreciation for all of the dragon maid characters.

This is a perfect manga that works in tandem with Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. Some of the stories parallel and its fun to see how things read more
Dec 10, 2017
If I suddenly came into elaborate amounts of money, I would track down Dowman Sayman/Douman Seiman and fund this to be an anime out-of-pocket.

It sounds cheesy as hell but I laughed, I cried, I rejoiced.... I felt it all here man.

This is a remarkably quirky, original, romantic, and funny manga in many ways that I was not expecting. The art is unique and western inspired but it only adds to the fun of the characters and the plot.

Seiman is a master of keeping multiple plot lines going at once that intertwine without one ever getting boring. I genuinely feel this is a perfect read more
Dec 10, 2017
Gantz (Manga) add (All reviews)
This is the classic basic bitch Reddit bro Seinen manga.

It is overall horribly okay. If the characters were written better it could be stunning.

Pros:

-The manga itself is very well drawn in the sense of the flow of panels and action being paced well.

-It is believable and reads easily where many action manga's cannot do this properly.

-The amount of gore for the topic matter is a perfect balance to the plot.

-The some of male characters and some minor ones are believable in terms of what one would do in that scenario.

- It jumps into the story in a reasonable fashion and tells the read more
Dec 10, 2017
The concept? Strange. The execution? Amazing.

This manga is surprisingly funny and amusing despite seeming odd. It also is drawn cutely and is a fun light hearted BL manga. I honestly do not feel the anime did it justice.

The characters are believable, funny, and keep you well entertained despite most of the story taking place in a small bathroom.

It is one of the best BL comedy series targeted at fujoshi fans that I have read. It is refreshing and I am glad it got an adaptation even though I feel (the adaptation) could have been executed better in comparison to the beautiful artwork of the read more
Dec 10, 2017
It's predictable, not really funny and mostly just written to look at chubby cute monster girls. The jokes are immature and somewhat cheesy and the characters are all very one dimensional (especially our elf friend). There's no real depth in the humor here other than the obvious. The characters are all introduced extremely quickly too with no explanation as to why they can live in the human world with no issue. It seems lazy.

The art is SUPER great which is the real shame here. It is not really interesting and would have been better as a one shot. Or hentai.....I'm actually pretty sure this artist read more