Back to GinLii's Profile GinLii's Profile

Dec 10, 2018
Gintama (Anime) add (All reviews)
This review is going to be for Gintama as a whole, up to the 2015 series. (SPOILER-FREE)

Explaining what makes Gintama a good anime is very hard. In hindsight it might be easier for most people to point out the negatives, which there aren't many in my opinion.

Gintama isn't your average Shonen show for starters, so if you're looking for unnecessary drama, power levels, and cool flashy powers you might find this show boring or even mediocre. Which is a huge fat shame. First and foremost this show is a comedy/parody and rarely has any action (but when it does, it is one of the best read more
Feb 20, 2017
First of all, I would like to get this out of the way and say that this is mostly a negative review. Also, keep in mind that I will be comparing this to Amano's previous work "Reborn!".

Plot: Kokonose Chuuta is a middle school boy that hears voices in his head and occasionally even talks to that voice in public, hence the nickname "Mumbling Chuuta". Soon, he realizes that an alien, more specifically, a montelien (excuse the spelling) is connected to him by unknown reasons, and was soon chosen to join a galactic space police organization, called elDLIVE.

The Story had a pretty strange start, read more