Earliest known anime I can remember watching is Robotech in the early 90s. Yes, I know it's the bastardized version of Macross. Since then I've had a very broad range of anime to watch. From Dragonball Z and Sailor Moon to Gundam 08th MS Team and Cowboy Bebop.
My all time favorite manga is GTO. All time favorite anime is much harder to determine. I loved DBZ's action but hated its pacing. I love Log Horizon's setting and development, but hate its lack of action. I love Attack on Titan for its setting and the intensity of its action scenes, but hate its awkward pacing. I love Princess Jellyfish's and Genshiken's characterization, but I hate.... well, I don't hate anything about them really, but at the same time they're not cherry on the top of my sundae.
I like in-depth reviews on anime and what makes them good and bad. I also like to rate anime compared to their relative peers instead of an overall popularity contest. For example, I would not compare Sword Art Online to Naruto, but instead would compare it to Log Horizon since they're both a virtual gaming setting. And I wouldn't compare Kill La Kill to Attack on Titan, but instead JoJo's Bizarre adventure since they're both stupid fun action anime.
I will also rate an anime's overall score based on my final thoughts and overall enjoyment of the series. My overall score isn't based on the average of what I rated its content, because I believe that limits us on how we can truly judge an anime's worth. For example, Shin-chan's artwork is a grotesque 1, but I would still rate the series a 7 due to what it strove to accomplish and as my overall recommendation. Same with Sword Art Online being a follow able but disappointing 3, yet I enjoyed the series enough to give it a 6.5, which rounded to a 7. There are some people that don't understand that (see my profile comments below, it's a riot), and believe the overall score HAS to be an average score because OMGMATH. People with that narrowminded line of thinking make me facepalm.
Here's a list that gives you an idea of what the numbers stand for in terms of overall rating and recommendation (the score that really counts):
1 - Garbage. A disgrace. An eyesore to the medium of Anime. Only completionists would care about watching this. (Ikki Tousen)
2 - Awful. A little more creativity or effort compared to 1, but not enough to redeem it. Would watch just for the sake of laughing at how bad it is. (School Days)
3. Bad. Some effort here and there, but lacks overall polish. (Street Fighter II V)
4. Poor. Has some good ideas or decent animation, but falls flat on its face. A little more TLC would've made this more worthwhile. (Maoyuu Mao Yuusha)
5. Average. Not great. Not terrible. A ho hum title that isn't for everybody. Easy sell for niche fans; hard sell for anyone else. (Tenjou Tenge, Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
6. Decent. Does more things right than wrong. Worth streaming/renting at the very least. (Inuyasha, Speed Grapher)
7. Good. Tends to hit all the right marks. Falls short on some areas, but still enjoyable overall. May be worth a permanent purchase. (Naruto, Dragonball Z, Sword Art Online)
8. Excellent. Usually a very exciting or engrossing series. Does great in a particular area - story, animation, etc. - enough to carry on its few flaws. (Log Horizon, One Piece, Attack on Titan)
9. Outstanding. High marks in almost every category. Most importantly, it achieves what it strives for, and then some. Would have to nitpick to find anything wrong with this series. (Trigun, Code Geass, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
10. Classic. These anime have made a mark in the history of the medium, and should be essential for any anime fan to watch at LEAST once. Note this does NOT mean an anime is perfect; no such thing will ever exist. Think of it as a "must see" list. (Almost anything by Studio Ghibli, Akira, Mobile Suit Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
You may or may not like my reviews. But as long as you understand there's a method to my madness, I can take your criticism with a grain of salt. Or I could just pompously laugh at you.