Back to DesolatePsyche's Profile DesolatePsyche's Profile

Jun 14, 2019
Bleach (Manga) add (All reviews)
Bleach (Manga) 9/10/10/10/10

First things first. My "reviews" system is explained on a blog entry. Which can be found through my profile.
------

Oeh.. now that I've re-read Manga... figured to write a review about my all time favorite battle shounens. (I've seen Anime total of 4 times including the movies.. but re-read because... Anime final arc is still not animated and I wanted refresher of final arc)

✦Story
As it's extremely long running battle shounen, it would be too tedious to make more of "detailed" review. So to put it simply. It has a very battle, drama, tragedy rich storytelling that also has spice of character relationships and even read more
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou 6/9/7/9/9/9

✦Story
Not much about story. Monster girls and a guy live together in a happy teasing harem with some drama. Funny, hot, entertaining and simple.

So basically setting is great. Story is nothing special. But I got intrigued enough to add Manga to PTR

✦Art & Sound
Oh yeah, art and animation is top notch and absolutely hot. Nothing else to add.

As for music, good enough and fitting. Nothing too noticeable.

✦Character
Plenty of monster types and stereotypes. Done very enjoyable whilst having any taste fulfilled. Slime, read more
Jun 5, 2019
Monster (Anime) add (All reviews)
Monster 8/6/9/7/7/8

✦Story
Since it's rather complex story. I'll do the general gist/feeling opinion I had rather than dwelling too much in the plot.

Long story short, it's rather interesting and enjoyable psychological story. Which has tons of mystery and tons of disturbing events. But my biggest complaint would be that I felt that the whole Johan fiasco and experiment center went rather dumb.

Other than that it was very bipolar and intriguing story.
Or simply a twisted children story.

✦Art & Sound
Art was just average. Didn't impress.

But on the other hand. Sound/music read more
Tenshi na Konamaiki (Manga) 8/8/8/8/8

✦Story
Another of "gender bender" stories that isn't gender bender. But approach on this aspect of the story was done rather superb. Other than that it was rather funny and very adorable storytelling. Plenty of twists, character developments, changes and so on. Adorable relationships and shipping moments and rather solid flow of the story. Also having a satisfying finale was also a great touch.

Probably biggest weakness to the story was repetitive on certain things and as well eventually obnoxious acting on few characters.

✦Art
Old read more
Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou (manga) 9/10/9/9/9

✦Story✦
Another great and absolutely sweet vanilla romance story. The development of romance was slow, silly, emotional, but most importantly, absolutely adorable and cute.

What else you need to know about the story of romcom? Well, the only minus I can think of that I would wanted to see how their relationships grew and some sweet moments of that after the story ended.

The setting is rather nice as well. Inn of plenty of odd characters. Fateful love encounter and the blooming of that.

✦Art✦
Art read more
May 2, 2019
Mx0 (Manga) add (All reviews)
Mx0 (manga) 7/7/7/7/7

✦Story✦
Rather straightforward from zero to high level battle shounen. It's simply, enjoyable and fun. Has romance, has fights, has magic and plenty of fun events. Nothing else to add. I enjoyed it. It had rather interesting magic system as well to it.

Sadly.. the whole Manga ends after the "tutorial" arc per se.

✦Art✦
Clear, straightforward and fun enough.

✦Character✦
Plenty of fun stereotypes. There an actually rather solid character development with rather hopeful romance development. Characters grew emotionally, main character grew in power. Anyhow, a lot of enjoyable characters.

✦Enjoyment read more
Juuni Taisen 5/8/6/6/6/6

✦Story✦
Essentially a battle royale with edgy and quirky characters with some backstory to them. Nothing else to add, simply a battle fest with a straightforward plot-device and goal, but feels it's just absolutely pointless. Anyhow, the story aspect is simply dull and disappointing.

✦Art & Sound✦
Art and animation is probably the best part about this Anime. It had some cool action and odd designs.

Music on the other hand, can't remember anything memorable. Fair enough.

✦Character✦
All sorts of character with their own past and reasons of being in read more
Koukaku no Pandora 6/8/7/7/7/7

✦Story✦
Absolutely adorable story presentation with some touch of lewdness. Long story short. It's straightforward moeblob with rather enjoyable quirks and traits. It's a bit more "refined" moeblob than the more stereotypical shows. But I did absolutely adore how everything was conveyed, expressed, reacted and presented along the storytelling. It was enjoyably, but nothing too interesting. Characters and presentation methods made it fun.

✦Art & Sound✦
Straightforward, flat, colorful but extremely fun art style. There were so many facial expression that I would gladly save on my read more
May 2, 2019
Pupa (Manga) add (All reviews)
Pupa (manga) 7/8/7/8/8

✦Story✦
Unique, chaotic, scarring and rather grotesque. What can I say. PuPa is rather tragic and dramatic story with rather nice flavor of mystery. It had a lot to it and even for the most part I can semi-call it an incestuous love story. But oh boy, it's a rather twisted and rather disturbing piece of work.

Here I want add an side comment. Anime suffers from short length where lot of things get left out, don't get answers, shroud in mystery and has a very read more
Mujaki no Rakuen (manga) 5/8/6/6/6

✦Story✦
I probably found the story being here the weakest link after the absolutely annoying and pathetic main character. I can't say much aside it being most episodic sequences of main character getting into lewd situations with bunch of kids. There are some developments now and then, but mostly it just consists of great lewds, weak relationship development, rather loose situations, where MC just mishandles naive and mostly innocent kids that aren't aware what they do. And yes, this time around these are actual read more