My list may seem pretty barren right now, but I've watched a lot of anime in the past. It's just that I kinda lost interest in them after my initial weeaboo phase at around 2012-2013 and abandoned the medium for a few years, but I recently got back into it (mostly thanks to Evangelion opening my eyes to the possibilities of what can be done with animation as a medium, which re-sparked my interest in it) and I'm only adding stuff that I've watched or re-watched after that hiatus, mainly because my opinion on all kinds of media has drastically changed since then and I don't really trust my judgement from all those years ago. I created a MAL mostly just to list some stuff that I'm interested in watching or reading in the future once I sort some stuff out with my life.
How to interpret my rating scale:
• 1: Appallingly and insultingly horrible, fails in pretty much every possible way. Probably worth a watch just to appreciate how bad it is.
• 2: Terrible, sometimes laughably so. Almost completely incompetent. I usually love to hate things that I rate 1 or 2.
• 3: Bad, not enjoyable. Most likely has many significant flaws, but isn't incompetent enough to be rated lower.
• 4: Subpar, uninspired, or just plain boring. Still on the "average" range, so not the worst thing ever. Can still be somewhat enjoyable.
• 5: Average/mediocre. Not necessarily bad, but doesn't really do anything special. Maybe still enjoyable to a certain extent.
• 6: Okay/decent. It probably falters in some considerable ways or has inconsistent quality throughout, but is still enjoyable.
• 7: Good, very enjoyable. Probably not the most memorable thing ever, but I definitely had a good time watching it.
• 8: Great and very memorable. The pros definitely outweigh any cons that it might have. My favorites start here.
• 9: A masterpiece. The line between a 9 and a 10 is often blurry, and sometimes just comes down to personal preference. It could also be a case of an amazingly mind-blowing work that sadly has some flaws that keep it from getting that perfect score.
• 10: A transcendent experience. Watching/reading it feels like reaching nirvana. Incredibly and astonishingly amazing, maybe has a few minor flaws but not something that's enough to take away from my enjoyment. Reserved for works that absolutely mesmerize me and leave me in awe from how fantastic they are. As close to perfection as something can be.
By the way, I'm not a nazi. All the Hitlers in my profile are just a meme. Relax.