Back to ASmolderingAge's Profile ASmolderingAge's Profile

Oct 15, 2014
*This contains at least one major spoiler because it's something I feel the need to state, so be wary. Some very minor spoilers might be unavoidable too.

- - -

The mighty Clannad After Story. One of the most highly praised anime in existence. Is it worth the praise? Is it really that good? No.

I've heard that this anime is of the highest quality with one of the most heartbreaking stories ever written. Hahaha, no. There are so many problems with this anime that the bad overshines the few goods.

Story: 4/10
Just like the first season, the first half of the second season tried too hard to force read more
Oct 15, 2014
Clannad (Anime) add (All reviews)
Clannad was an anime that didn't know what it wanted to be. It tried being a drama, romance, slice-of-life, and comedy all at the same time and just ended up becoming dumbed down.

Story: 3/10
As a romance, it was piss-poor with a mostly one dimensional cast of female characters with the exception of two that actually had personalities. For me, it failed as a drama. The first big arc is focused around a character that was extremely annoying. It made me not care at all about what happened and I had zero emotional connection to anything since that part. Clannad is primarily supposed to be a read more