Back to 9sayaka's Profile 9sayaka's Profile

Oct 4, 2018
What started as overhyped expectation for a tribute to the classic 90’s anime, a feature length film that promised to shine some light on one of the show’s most discussed fan-theories, ended with affirmation that it’s time for Ash’s journey to come to an end.

As to be expected from a Pokemon movie, the visuals were stunning. Like seriously, wow. This film looked incredible, from the lush forests and sprawling mountain ranges to the interior design of the pokemon centers and other buildings, I was never not impressed with the backgrounds and environments. Also stunning was the array of colors. The bright sky blues, the robust read more
Aug 27, 2018
A great case study for what NOT to do in film making.

Why they took half the movie to recap the series is beyond me. It wasn't even a good recap, literally a clip show from the first half of the series.

The second half of the film, which is new content, based off of the light novels, was interesting and had fantastic action sequences. Too bad I had no idea who the hell any of the characters were and the plot was so rushed that it hardly could be called a cohesive story.

This shouldn't have been a feature length film. There was enough content read more