Anime & Manga News

'The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: U149' Unveils Production Staff, Main Cast, Spring 2023 Premiere

by DatRandomDude
Nov 27, 2022 12:40 PM | 15 Comments
The official website of The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: U149 television anime revealed on Sunday the production staff, main cast, and a third promotional video. The anime is scheduled to premiere in April 2023.

Cast
Arisu Tachibana: Amina Satou (AKB0048)
Momoka Sakurai: Haruka Terui (Mikakunin de Shinkoukei)
Miria Akagi: Tomoko Kurosawa (Hibike! Euphonium)
Risa Matoba: Hana Tamegai (Hataage! Kemono Michi)
Haru Yuuki: Makoto Koichi (100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru)
Chie Sasaki: Asaka Imai (The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls)
Kaoru Ryuuzaki: Natsumi Haruse (Infinite Dendrogram)
Nina Ichihara: Misaki Kuno (3-gatsu no Lion)
Koharu Koga: ??? (Not announced yet)
Producer: Yuuki Yonai (Ensemble Stars!)

Everyone besides Yonai is reprising their roles from the previous installments of The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls series.

Staff
Director, Sound Director: Manabu Okamoto (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu)
Assistant Director: Hiroyuki Takashima (Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV action director)
Series Composition: Oki Murayama
Animation Character Design: Norie Ikawa (Sabikui Bisco chief animation director)
Concept Art: Kinichi Ookubo (Lost Song art director)
Design Works: Takeshi Noda (Ousama Ranking animation director), Keiko Otazaki (Saiyuuki Reload Zeroin animation director), Noriko Nakamura (Sakugan 2D works), Takahiro Watabe (Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia key animation), Michiko Makita (Ahiru no Sora prop design)
Art Design: Yoshihiro Sono (Peach Boy Riverside), Takeshi Takahashi (Love Live! Sunshine!!), Kazushige Kanehira (Spy x Family)
Art Director: Kazuhiro Inoue (Hanebado!)
Color Design: Makiko Doi (Fate/Apocrypha)
3DCG Director: Hiromitsu Ishikawa (Juushinki Pandora design works), Masamune Sakaki (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 3D works)
Director of Photography: Yoshihiro Sekiya (Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na!)
Editing: Akinori Mishima (86)
Music: Nippon Columbia
Studio: CygamesPictures

Kyowno began drawing the spin-off manga on the Cycomics online platform in October 2016. Shogakukan released the ninth and tenth volumes on April 8.

PV 3

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Official site: https://cinderella-u149-anime.idolmaster-official.jp/
Official Twitter: @u149_anime

Source: Famitsu

15 Comments Recent Comments

MadanielFL said:
The character designs for this show is just amazing.

Might actually watch the whole series just because of it.
cinderella girls has some of my favorite idol designs ever!! they all have their charms and fun backstories, theres practically a girl for everyone to root for and relate to! idolmaster just has great designs in general.

Nov 30, 2022 9:49 AM by juliayousoro

The character designs for this show is just amazing.

Might actually watch the whole series just because of it.

Nov 29, 2022 6:34 PM by MadanielFL

HatsuneYugi39 said:
RobertBobert said:


Well, while the IMAS fandom isn't quite as wild as it is in other idol franchises due to the existence of P-san, ironically the most infamous victims of yuri shipping are characters who are canonically madly in love with P-san. For some reason, the more straight you are in a gacha game, the more shippers get excited about the idea that you're lesbian or gay. This is strangely missing from SideM, where P-san is still the canonical male in the anime.



Mio is one of the protagonists of IMAS 2 and may appear in the next theater adaptation. This part is specialized in loli from the all-star cast mobile game.
RobertBobert said:
Well, while the IMAS fandom isn't quite as wild as it is in other idol franchises due to the existence of P-san, ironically the most infamous victims of yuri shipping are characters who are canonically madly in love with P-san. For some reason, the more straight you are in a gacha game, the more shippers get excited about the idea that you're lesbian or gay. This is strangely missing from SideM, where P-san is still the canonical male in the anime.

HatsuneYugi39 said:
I don't know alot about idolm@ster aside from Mio Honda and some niconico videos, but this seems cute.


Mio is one of the protagonists of IMAS 2 and may appear in the next theater adaptation. This part is specialized in loli from the all-star cast mobile game.
RobertBobert said:


Well, while the IMAS fandom isn't quite as wild as it is in other idol franchises due to the existence of P-san, ironically the most infamous victims of yuri shipping are characters who are canonically madly in love with P-san. For some reason, the more straight you are in a gacha game, the more shippers get excited about the idea that you're lesbian or gay. This is strangely missing from SideM, where P-san is still the canonical male in the anime.



Mio is one of the protagonists of IMAS 2 and may appear in the next theater adaptation. This part is specialized in loli from the all-star cast mobile game.
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. I don't have too much experience with idol themed gacha games, I mostly just listen to the music related to them since those types of games normally reach a point where it's not fun unless you pay, and the characters heavily adhere to predefined archetypes most of the time. That said, I might try out the idolm@ster since it was one of the first "idol project" type franchises.


Well, I may be very biased, but I consider IMAS to be one of the highest quality media franchises out there. But one way or another, you will not need additional knowledge to watch it.

Nov 28, 2022 4:15 PM by RobertBobert

RobertBobert said:
Hoppy said:


Yep, although it depends on the characters, I've only read one Yukimi x Kozue doujinshi for example.


Well, while the IMAS fandom isn't quite as wild as it is in other idol franchises due to the existence of P-san, ironically the most infamous victims of yuri shipping are characters who are canonically madly in love with P-san. For some reason, the more straight you are in a gacha game, the more shippers get excited about the idea that you're lesbian or gay. This is strangely missing from SideM, where P-san is still the canonical male in the anime.

HatsuneYugi39 said:
I don't know alot about idolm@ster aside from Mio Honda and some niconico videos, but this seems cute.


Mio is one of the protagonists of IMAS 2 and may appear in the next theater adaptation. This part is specialized in loli from the all-star cast mobile game.
RobertBobert said:
Well, while the IMAS fandom isn't quite as wild as it is in other idol franchises due to the existence of P-san, ironically the most infamous victims of yuri shipping are characters who are canonically madly in love with P-san. For some reason, the more straight you are in a gacha game, the more shippers get excited about the idea that you're lesbian or gay. This is strangely missing from SideM, where P-san is still the canonical male in the anime.

HatsuneYugi39 said:
I don't know alot about idolm@ster aside from Mio Honda and some niconico videos, but this seems cute.


Mio is one of the protagonists of IMAS 2 and may appear in the next theater adaptation. This part is specialized in loli from the all-star cast mobile game.
RobertBobert said:
Hoppy said:


Yep, although it depends on the characters, I've only read one Yukimi x Kozue doujinshi for example.


Well, while the IMAS fandom isn't quite as wild as it is in other idol franchises due to the existence of P-san, ironically the most infamous victims of yuri shipping are characters who are canonically madly in love with P-san. For some reason, the more straight you are in a gacha game, the more shippers get excited about the idea that you're lesbian or gay. This is strangely missing from SideM, where P-san is still the canonical male in the anime.

HatsuneYugi39 said:
I don't know alot about idolm@ster aside from Mio Honda and some niconico videos, but this seems cute.


Mio is one of the protagonists of IMAS 2 and may appear in the next theater adaptation. This part is specialized in loli from the all-star cast mobile game.
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. I don't have too much experience with idol themed gacha games, I mostly just listen to the music related to them since those types of games normally reach a point where it's not fun unless you pay, and the characters heavily adhere to predefined archetypes most of the time. That said, I might try out the idolm@ster since it was one of the first "idol project" type franchises.

Nov 28, 2022 3:35 PM by HatsuneYugi39

Hoppy said:
RobertBobert said:


This is the Idolmaster, people ship any girls that cross within the same unit, especially duets. And because it's an all-female gacha franchise, you always have a lot of people who think that all the cards and interactions are there because the producers want to sell you a ship. Even if it's oneesan x loli duet. I'm not sure about the audience, but I've seen people complain about this manga, believing that the existence of P-san in such works or the existence of lolis in such franchises should supposedly imply bad things.


Yep, although it depends on the characters, I've only read one Yukimi x Kozue doujinshi for example.


Well, while the IMAS fandom isn't quite as wild as it is in other idol franchises due to the existence of P-san, ironically the most infamous victims of yuri shipping are characters who are canonically madly in love with P-san. For some reason, the more straight you are in a gacha game, the more shippers get excited about the idea that you're lesbian or gay. This is strangely missing from SideM, where P-san is still the canonical male in the anime.

HatsuneYugi39 said:
I don't know alot about idolm@ster aside from Mio Honda and some niconico videos, but this seems cute.


Mio is one of the protagonists of IMAS 2 and may appear in the next theater adaptation. This part is specialized in loli from the all-star cast mobile game.

Nov 28, 2022 2:57 PM by RobertBobert

RobertBobert said:
Vogel100 said:
Potential AotY hype.



Do they really do the yuri shipping for U149 too? There's essentially zero romance in the manga, not even undertones. Does this manga even have a western audience? It has 413 people who have it on their manga list aside from me. There is a Discord server but it's very small and mostly quiet.


This is the Idolmaster, people ship any girls that cross within the same unit, especially duets. And because it's an all-female gacha franchise, you always have a lot of people who think that all the cards and interactions are there because the producers want to sell you a ship. Even if it's oneesan x loli duet. I'm not sure about the audience, but I've seen people complain about this manga, believing that the existence of P-san in such works or the existence of lolis in such franchises should supposedly imply bad things.


Yep, although it depends on the characters, I've only read one Yukimi x Kozue doujinshi for example.

Nov 28, 2022 2:45 PM by Hoppy

I don't know alot about idolm@ster aside from Mio Honda and some niconico videos, but this seems cute.

Nov 28, 2022 2:26 PM by HatsuneYugi39

Vogel100 said:
RobertBobert said:


This is the Idolmaster, people ship any girls that cross within the same unit, especially duets. And because it's an all-female gacha franchise, you always have a lot of people who think that all the cards and interactions are there because the producers want to sell you a ship. Even if it's oneesan x loli duet. I'm not sure about the audience, but I've seen people complain about this manga, believing that the existence of P-san in such works or the existence of lolis in such franchises should supposedly imply bad things.


The people who complain about that probably haven't read the manga, it's very wholesome. Just kids doing kid things for the most part. P-san is required since someone needs to guide them because they are still idols. He's also cute like his idols, and it doesn't feel like he's interested in them in any weird way.

The point when lolis that are just cute need to be defended is the point when the anime fandom will have really gone crazy. If they like Anya in Spy x Family but think this show is weird, they're probably just hypocrites.


Well, I'm not an expert on loli idols, but I don't remember them particularly repeating the other characters' tendency to be attracted to him. Except as part of a joke. You are rather considered as an older brother or even a father to them. And if you look at how past games have been adapted, Bamco is more likely to remove any hint of attraction so that fans of the characters do not get into fights with each other.

Oh, Anya. I remember people on twitter accusing the show of pedophilia, believing that if Anya was blushing when Loyd picked her up, then the anime wants to convince us that she is in love with him.

Nov 28, 2022 5:04 AM by RobertBobert

RobertBobert said:
Vogel100 said:
Potential AotY hype.



Do they really do the yuri shipping for U149 too? There's essentially zero romance in the manga, not even undertones. Does this manga even have a western audience? It has 413 people who have it on their manga list aside from me. There is a Discord server but it's very small and mostly quiet.


This is the Idolmaster, people ship any girls that cross within the same unit, especially duets. And because it's an all-female gacha franchise, you always have a lot of people who think that all the cards and interactions are there because the producers want to sell you a ship. Even if it's oneesan x loli duet. I'm not sure about the audience, but I've seen people complain about this manga, believing that the existence of P-san in such works or the existence of lolis in such franchises should supposedly imply bad things.


The people who complain about that probably haven't read the manga, it's very wholesome. Just kids doing kid things for the most part. P-san is required since someone needs to guide them because they are still idols. He's also cute like his idols, and it doesn't feel like he's interested in them in any weird way.

The point when lolis that are just cute need to be defended is the point when the anime fandom will have really gone crazy. If they like Anya in Spy x Family but think this show is weird, they're probably just hypocrites.

Nov 28, 2022 4:56 AM by Vogel100

Vogel100 said:
Potential AotY hype.

RobertBobert said:
I can already see how people will be torn between trying to ship girls with each other and blaming the show for you-know-what because of P-san. Well, that is, doing the same thing that the western audience of this manga is notorious for.


Do they really do the yuri shipping for U149 too? There's essentially zero romance in the manga, not even undertones. Does this manga even have a western audience? It has 413 people who have it on their manga list aside from me. There is a Discord server but it's very small and mostly quiet.


This is the Idolmaster, people ship any girls that cross within the same unit, especially duets. And because it's an all-female gacha franchise, you always have a lot of people who think that all the cards and interactions are there because the producers want to sell you a ship. Even if it's oneesan x loli duet. I'm not sure about the audience, but I've seen people complain about this manga, believing that the existence of P-san in such works or the existence of lolis in such franchises should supposedly imply bad things.

Nov 28, 2022 4:45 AM by RobertBobert

Potential AotY hype.

RobertBobert said:
I can already see how people will be torn between trying to ship girls with each other and blaming the show for you-know-what because of P-san. Well, that is, doing the same thing that the western audience of this manga is notorious for.


Do they really do the yuri shipping for U149 too? There's essentially zero romance in the manga, not even undertones. Does this manga even have a western audience? It has 413 people who have it on their manga list aside from me. There is a Discord server but it's very small and mostly quiet.

Nov 28, 2022 4:37 AM by Vogel100

Lol a male in an Idol. No thx

IMO there should only be cute little lesbians in Idols, like in Love live

This isn't for me and doesn't suit my taste very well. So I pass on this one


Nov 28, 2022 2:51 AM by Yuri-Crusader

From directing Mushoku Tensei to this, hmm I wonder why. 🤣

Nov 27, 2022 9:36 PM by VanishingKira

Ooh, Manabu Okamoto to direct another banger, huh?

Nov 27, 2022 6:06 PM by Punkero

I can already see how people will be torn between trying to ship girls with each other and blaming the show for you-know-what because of P-san. Well, that is, doing the same thing that the western audience of this manga is notorious for.

Nov 27, 2022 1:55 PM by RobertBobert

Related Database Entries