Anime & Manga News

Japan's Manga Ranking For Sep 21 - 27

by dtshyk
Sep 30, 2009 5:00 PM | 21 Comments
Here is the weekly manga sales ranking for September 21st - 27th.

*1, 183,755 *,183,755 Berserk vol.34
*2, 117,158 *,259,956 Soul Eater vol.15
*3, *85,092 *,*85,092 Vinland Saga vol.8
*4, *77,343 *,222,555 Kekkaishi vol.26
*5, *77,163 *,243,852 Ahiru no Sora vol.25
*6, *72,854 *,237,834 Fairy Tail vol.17
*7, *71,496 *,605,608 Kimi ni Todoke vol.9
*8, *69,699 *,*69,699 Yozakura Quartet vol.7
*9, *68,641 *,139,292 Atashinchi vol.15
10, *65,655 *,132,349 Otomen vol.9

11, *64,776 1,662,688 One Piece vol.55
12, *63,958 *,172,213 Major vol.73
13, *61,117 *,210,260 Mahou Sensei Negima! vol.27
14, *59,151 *,192,778 Hajime no Ippo vol.89
15, *58,179 *,197,687 Air Gear vol.26
16, *51,821 *,123,420 Rozen Maiden vol.2
17, *49,579 *,*49,579 Blade of the Immortal vol.25
18, *46,833 *,*46,833 Uchuu Kyoudai vol.7
19, *45,833 *,*45,833 Arakawa Under the Bridge vol.9
20, *44,881 *,*44,881 Koibana! Koiseyo Hanabi vol.6

21, *42,790 *,*42,790 Kanojo wa Uso wo Aishisugiteru vol.1
22, *39,835 *,*39,835 Kanojo wa Uso wo Aishisugiteru vol.2
23, *35,548 *,*71,286 Usogui vol.13
24, *35,161 *,*79,830 Hoshi wa Utau vol.6
25, *34,422 *,116,723 History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi vol.35
26, *34,003 *,111,265 Kaioki vol.41
27, *33,458 *,*33,458 FIVE vol.12
28, *33,388 *,*33,388 Cooking Papa vol.106
29, *32,698 *,114,460 Zettai Karen Children vol.18
30, *31,130 *,*85,502 Ocha ni Gosu. vol.10

The last week's ranking: Japan's Manga Ranking For Sep 14 - 20
Source: Oricon comic ranking

Weekly Light Novel Ranking for Sep 21 - 27
*1, 29,732 *59,432 Seitokai no Ichizon vol.2
*2, 27,991 *57,488 Chrome Shelled Regios vol.14
*3, 12,417 154,799 Summer Wars
*4, 10,827 *19,348 Seiken no Blacksmith vol.7
*5, *9,199 *94,354 Bakemonogatari vol.1
*6, *8,455 *14,899 Kampfer vol.10 1/2
*7, *8,135 *90,290 Shakugan no Shana vol.19
*8, *7,940 *80,499 Bakemonogatari vol.2
*9, *7,702 *16,781 Itsuka Tenma no Kurousagi vol.5

Source: Oricon Novel Ranking

20 of 21 Comments Recent Comments

I read most of this thread before I realized it was from 2009.

Nov 15, 2010 7:55 AM by Akimoto_Kimura

Good thing One Piece is up there :D

Nov 15, 2010 6:05 AM by missy115

Berserk, the best

May 17, 2010 3:27 PM by khuzdul

burntlettuce said:
kokoku said:
where is naruto???


Luckily not up there

This.

Pretty happy with the list overall.

Oct 3, 2009 3:43 PM by CapitalJ

*3, *85,092 *,*85,092 Vinland Saga vol.8

Bought. :D

Oct 1, 2009 11:35 PM by kasumisama

burntlettuce said:
kokoku said:
where is naruto???


Luckily not up there


LOL.

Oct 1, 2009 10:23 PM by katzenjammer

mirichan00 said:
Yamo10 said:
noooooooooooo!,one piece should have been in 1st place!


Don't worry. Obviously this is not its first week. One Piece usually tops every new volume

Yay for Soul Eater btw!


Yep, One Piece does great in Japan but does terrible in America, no1 at my school even knows about it LOL

Oct 1, 2009 1:44 PM by Ahepwmfnw701ja

kokoku said:
where is naruto???


Luckily not up there

Oct 1, 2009 1:31 PM by burntlettuce

A lot of shonens up there, no surprise really.

Oct 1, 2009 9:34 AM by mitamaking

dtshyk said:
Here is the weekly manga sales ranking for September 21st - 27th.

*1, 183,755 *,183,755 Berserk vol.34
*3, *85,092 *,*85,092 Vinland Saga vol.8
*6, *72,854 *,237,834 Fairy Tail vol.17


FUCKING YES FOR FUCKING VINLAND SAGA IN THE FUCKING LIST!

Finally the badass vikings get the fame they deserve :3

Oct 1, 2009 4:03 AM by Fai

Yamo10 said:
noooooooooooo!,one piece should have been in 1st place!


Don't worry. Obviously this is not its first week. One Piece usually tops every new volume

Yay for Soul Eater btw!

Oct 1, 2009 3:16 AM by mirichan00

Animefan009 said:
Can wait until fairy tail anime


Me too....and seemingly a bunch of other people can't either.

And i'm surprised as to see one piece where it is.

Oct 1, 2009 3:08 AM by Severus_Grey

noooooooooooo!,one piece should have been in 1st place!

Oct 1, 2009 12:47 AM by Yamo10

where is naruto???

Oct 1, 2009 12:44 AM by DingDingDong

dtshyk said:
*7, *71,496 *,605,608 Kimi ni Todoke vol.9


whoa whoa whoa ... good knew , this manga so cute

I feel bad i forgot to buy when i just finished volume 8

Sep 30, 2009 8:44 PM by Lvhina

Animefan009 said:
Can wait until fairy tail anime


me too!!
:D

Sep 30, 2009 7:56 PM by veekee

dtshyk said:
*1, 183,755 *,183,755 Berserk vol.34
*2, 117,158 *,259,956 Soul Eater vol.15
*3, *85,092 *,*85,092 Vinland Saga vol.8
*4, *77,343 *,222,555 Kekkaishi vol.26
*5, *77,163 *,243,852 Ahiru no Sora vol.25


This list... is an absolute good. The list is life. All around its margins lies the gulf.

Sep 30, 2009 7:24 PM by Torisunanohokori

vindemon64 said:
BigSimo said:
FUCKING FINALLY VINLAND SAGA is on this list. I've been waiting for this for a loooong time. Not the volume, just for it to be on this list.
I don't know why either.


From what I've been hearing about it, I'm was expecting a volume to sell more than what's listed. Regardless, I'm definitely going to have to check it out.

Also a bit surprised about Berserk. Was expecting somewhat high numbers for a volume release. Maybe its not as big a thing in Japan as I previously thought it was?
I'm thinking over the next week or so sales will continue to rise..?
Because Berserk's been inactive for a while now, I imagine it will have slipped peoples' minds.

Sep 30, 2009 6:16 PM by simo000

BigSimo said:
FUCKING FINALLY VINLAND SAGA is on this list. I've been waiting for this for a loooong time. Not the volume, just for it to be on this list.
I don't know why either.


From what I've been hearing about it, I'm was expecting a volume to sell more than what's listed. Regardless, I'm definitely going to have to check it out.

Also a bit surprised about Berserk. Was expecting somewhat high numbers for a volume release. Maybe its not as big a thing in Japan as I previously thought it was?

Sep 30, 2009 5:32 PM by VK11

FUCKING FINALLY VINLAND SAGA is on this list. I've been waiting for this for a loooong time. Not the volume, just for it to be on this list.
I don't know why either.

Sep 30, 2009 5:14 PM by simo000

Related Database Entries