Anime & Manga News

LM.C Cancels Participation in A-Kon Due to Pandemic of Swine Flu

by dtshyk
May 2, 2009 3:24 AM | 40 Comments
Pony Canyon announced that they prohibited travel of their employees to Mexico and its neighboring area. As a result, the participation of a band LM.C in A-Kon@ Twenty was canceled. The decision was made in response to the raise of the swine flu pandemic level to phase 5 by WHO.

LM.C is a Japanese rock band who sang "Red Garden" ED and "Katekyo Hitman Reborn!" OP themes.
A-Kon@ Twenty will be held in Dallas, US from May 29th till 31st.

Sources:
LM.C official website
A-Kon official website

20 of 40 Comments Recent Comments

ntHai said:
doeman said:
piggy flu will eventually take over the world~

Except for Madagascar.

xD so true~

May 3, 2009 9:35 PM by kirby

Swine Flu is bullshit. dont believe the hype!

May 3, 2009 3:26 PM by Rail_Man

The only place it's killed people is in Mexico. The only reason anyone has to worry about dying from it is if you have shit medical facilities.

But thank you all for the amusement.

May 3, 2009 1:05 PM by Venneh

I'm not worried about Swine Flu. The only reason those people died is because they were dehydrated from the flu, which is the most common reason of death. So, if you catch Swine Flu or the common flu, remember to drink lots of water and treat it with the proper medications (Tamiflu and that other).

The normal flu hospitalizes 200,000 and kills 36,000 people a year, so says the CDC facts about standard influenza. That's just the U.S. alone. Remember when Avian Flu was the big scare a couple years ago and they started slaughtering birds?

tl;dr - Swine flu is no big deal. The media and governments of the world need something to whine about other than the failing economy.

May 3, 2009 12:42 AM by JLS

Posting a Thunderfoot video.

May 3, 2009 12:17 AM by ukonkivi

vault2049 said:
Loverhina said:

lol politics + obama + politics, and swine flu are all part of economy, no? lmao =)


LOL how about you... You think Obama rules the world (Obama this, Obama that) always everything has to do with politics WTF!!! And man pandemic is a disease that is spreaded world wide.
Question: Isn't the N1H1 flu spreading worldwide???

Loverhina said:
I love you! Thank you

How old are you, even a teenager? do you know what a pandemic is ? what des epidemic mean? what is malaria? ok waiting for you to google it ... malaria that is a pandemic not this nonsense the news is saying omg omg 25 ppl died (in the period of a week when it started, including infants who have a weak immune system) lvl 4 pandemic /wrist /wrist , that is all i see i can see people taking precautions but not this over hyped nonsense by people that dont know better.


Yeah I've got your point, the Malaria causes deaths everyday and has been around for ages. But read my post again. Where do I say that the N1H1 is a P-A-N-D-E-M-I-C disease??? It is a POTENCIAL pandemic disease and it's dangerous.

I love you too man and yes I'm just becoming a man just like you are now. And I tell you what: I wanna' be like you when I grow up, I wanna have all that knowledge that you have. 'Cause you know better right???


Vault just so you know i quoted the person quoting your topic so i mean if you want to indirect offense that is ok but either or its ok

edit: it is not just mexico (unbiased opinion) , there has been cases throughout europe and asia too. Also if you can't tell all my criticism about Obama is negative , i hate the guy and he has done nothing to the world or american, i dont want to turn this into a political post so ill stop now.

I dont mean to offend but its just bullshit that america claims pandemic of the death of an infant (whom has limited immunities) weeks ago due to the so called "swine flu" and i use the quotes loosely however there other cases throughout the world that need attention

May 2, 2009 10:32 PM by Lvhina

=_=

That's stupid. The flu isn't that bad. Everyone just needs to stay clean and healthy.

Poor Mexico

Its like the Bird Flu and SARs all over again.

May 2, 2009 10:29 PM by BlackAssassin

I'd personally like to see some sources about the mutation claims.
I don't doubt it has. They naturally do. But saying it's mutated into such a threatening state seems like something to source.

May 2, 2009 8:43 PM by ukonkivi

Smart move..

The swine flu will most likely worsen.. Right now, it is probably kinda like the "calm before the thunderstorm". For some strange reasons, Mexico is lowering the death toll as a means to cover up the outbreak of swine flu. Perhaps, this will help out tourism and the pork businesses? Unfortunately, the people in the world aren't foolish enough to buy that.

May 2, 2009 8:43 PM by Kira01

Loverhina said:

lol politics + obama + politics, and swine flu are all part of economy, no? lmao =)


LOL how about you... You think Obama rules the world (Obama this, Obama that) always everything has to do with politics WTF!!! And man pandemic is a disease that is spreaded world wide.
Question: Isn't the N1H1 flu spreading worldwide???

Loverhina said:
I love you! Thank you

How old are you, even a teenager? do you know what a pandemic is ? what des epidemic mean? what is malaria? ok waiting for you to google it ... malaria that is a pandemic not this nonsense the news is saying omg omg 25 ppl died (in the period of a week when it started, including infants who have a weak immune system) lvl 4 pandemic /wrist /wrist , that is all i see i can see people taking precautions but not this over hyped nonsense by people that dont know better.


Yeah I've got your point, the Malaria causes deaths everyday and has been around for ages. But read my post again. Where do I say that the N1H1 is a P-A-N-D-E-M-I-C disease??? It is a POTENCIAL pandemic disease and it's dangerous.

I love you too man and yes I'm just becoming a man just like you are now. And I tell you what: I wanna' be like you when I grow up, I wanna have all that knowledge that you have. 'Cause you know better right???

May 2, 2009 8:37 PM by vault2049

Loverhina said:
emo more please :-P

Loverhina said:
/wrist /wrist

I believe this would be considered appeal to spite.

May 2, 2009 8:34 PM by ukonkivi

Drengot said:
Loverhina said:

edit: politics + obama + politics = distraction ( swine flu exaggeration) real problem is economy but lets distract ourselves some more,, kthnx!

lol politics + obama + politics, and swine flu are all part of economy, no? lmao =)
vault2049 said:
Hey you're all a bunch of ignorants ain't you???

This Flu is REALLY dangerous, a treat to everybody. There is no vaccine for this one and even there are some rumors that this isn't caused by pigs or animals; that this is an act of terrorism; that is because they found out that the virus contains more human genes than animal's. Over 200+ people have died just by catching the flu = you catch it you're almost 90% dead.

I live in Venezuela (South America if you don't know either) and if I catch the flu here I die. Why? because we don't have even the slightest countermesure for it, the country is not prepared for this outrage. And so are other countries in all South America and Africa. Oh!!! and because you live in Europe and USA don't think you will be saved there are some "countermeasures" against it, but not a definitive cure. So just stop talking like you know everything and as if this stuff is not a big deal, at least do your research first (at least watch the news for 5 minutes duhhh!!!) before writting here.

Watch the news, grab a newspaper for crist's sake P-A-N-D-E-M-I-C...

I love you! Thank you.


How old are you, even a teenager? do you know what a pandemic is ? what des epidemic mean? what is malaria? ok waiting for you to google it ... malaria that is a pandemic not this nonsense the news is saying omg omg 25 ppl died (in the period of a week when it started, including infants who have a weak immune system) lvl 4 pandemic /wrist /wrist , that is all i see i can see people taking precautions but not this over hyped nonsense by people that dont know better.

May 2, 2009 8:02 PM by Lvhina

Loverhina said:

edit: politics + obama + politics = distraction ( swine flu exaggeration) real problem is economy but lets distract ourselves some more,, kthnx!

lol politics + obama + politics, and swine flu are all part of economy, no? lmao =)
vault2049 said:
Hey you're all a bunch of ignorants ain't you???

This Flu is REALLY dangerous, a treat to everybody. There is no vaccine for this one and even there are some rumors that this isn't caused by pigs or animals; that this is an act of terrorism; that is because they found out that the virus contains more human genes than animal's. Over 200+ people have died just by catching the flu = you catch it you're almost 90% dead.

I live in Venezuela (South America if you don't know either) and if I catch the flu here I die. Why? because we don't have even the slightest countermesure for it, the country is not prepared for this outrage. And so are other countries in all South America and Africa. Oh!!! and because you live in Europe and USA don't think you will be saved there are some "countermeasures" against it, but not a definitive cure. So just stop talking like you know everything and as if this stuff is not a big deal, at least do your research first (at least watch the news for 5 minutes duhhh!!!) before writting here.

Watch the news, grab a newspaper for crist's sake P-A-N-D-E-M-I-C...

I love you! Thank you.

May 2, 2009 7:43 PM by gioss

Drengot said:
Missheru said:
It is the new thing and thus it is getting more attention than it deserves. Swine flu has happened before back in the 70's.

What the news is doing with it is the same thing it does with air plane crashes. Every death makes the news. So one goes down yup, it's sad but 50 people died how many people died in auto accidents today?

Same goes with the normal everyday version of the flu. In the US alone upwards of 50,000 people die from it each year. Don't believe me go check the CDC website. I reached epidemic levels last year and I didn't hear a whisper of it.

You can't compare swine flu from the 70's to today's because its like comparing a pentium 2 computer to a pentium 4 quad core computer... The swine flu (or H1N1) we have today is an evolved version and it is further changing unpredictably. Thus, we barely know anything about it, and in addition, we don't have the vaccine for it (unlike the flu from the 70's, we have the vaccine for it now). So what does that mean? It means that millions of people can get infected and die. You never know, maybe we're extinct next year...


emo more please :-P

edit: politics + obama + politics = distraction ( swine flu exaggeration) real problem is economy but lets distract ourselves some more,, kthnx!

May 2, 2009 7:34 PM by Lvhina

Hey you're all a bunch of ignorants ain't you???

This Flu is REALLY dangerous, a treat to everybody. There is no vaccine for this one and even there are some rumors that this isn't caused by pigs or animals; that this is an act of terrorism; that is because they found out that the virus contains more human genes than animal's. Over 200+ people have died just by catching the flu = you catch it you're almost 90% dead.

I live in Venezuela (South America if you don't know either) and if I catch the flu here I die. Why? because we don't have even the slightest countermesure for it, the country is not prepared for this outrage. And so are other countries in all South America and Africa. Oh!!! and because you live in Europe and USA don't think you will be saved there are some "countermeasures" against it, but not a definitive cure. So just stop talking like you know everything and as if this stuff is not a big deal, at least do your research first (at least watch the news for 5 minutes duhhh!!!) before writting here.

Watch the news, grab a newspaper for crist's sake P-A-N-D-E-M-I-C...

May 2, 2009 7:34 PM by vault2049

Missheru said:
It is the new thing and thus it is getting more attention than it deserves. Swine flu has happened before back in the 70's.

What the news is doing with it is the same thing it does with air plane crashes. Every death makes the news. So one goes down yup, it's sad but 50 people died how many people died in auto accidents today?

Same goes with the normal everyday version of the flu. In the US alone upwards of 50,000 people die from it each year. Don't believe me go check the CDC website. I reached epidemic levels last year and I didn't hear a whisper of it.

You can't compare swine flu from the 70's to today's because its like comparing a pentium 2 computer to a pentium 4 quad core computer... The swine flu (or H1N1) we have today is an evolved version and it is further changing unpredictably. Thus, we barely know anything about it, and in addition, we don't have the vaccine for it (unlike the flu from the 70's, we have the vaccine for it now). So what does that mean? It means that millions of people can get infected and die. You never know, maybe we're extinct next year...

May 2, 2009 7:27 PM by gioss

It is the new thing and thus it is getting more attention than it deserves. Swine flu has happened before back in the 70's.

What the news is doing with it is the same thing it does with air plane crashes. Every death makes the news. So one goes down yup, it's sad but 50 people died how many people died in auto accidents today?

Same goes with the normal everyday version of the flu. In the US alone upwards of 50,000 people die from it each year. Don't believe me go check the CDC website. I reached epidemic levels last year and I didn't hear a whisper of it.

May 2, 2009 6:35 PM by Missheru

ntHai said:
doeman said:
piggy flu will eventually take over the world~

Except for Madagascar.


God, I hated that game.

May 2, 2009 5:30 PM by LEGENDOFTHEAEIOU

Well that sucks. They are probably going to put all of Dallas under quarantine. They've already closed most of the schools here.

May 2, 2009 5:29 PM by Nek0

I love LM.C :)
I saw them here in Sweden in Stockholm on february 7.

May 2, 2009 4:01 PM by KeroroGunsou