Anime & Manga News

Japan's Weekly Manga and Light Novels Rankings for April 15th - 21st

by Snow
Apr 28, 2013 3:04 PM | 45 Comments
The weekly Manga and Light Novels rankings for April 15th - 21st

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

Manga
*1, 370,676 *,370,676 Silver Spoon Vol.7
*2, 296,934 *,296,934 Detective Conan Vol.79
*3, 291,161 *,291,161 Fairy Tail Vol.37
*4, 144,186 *,561,600 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.10
*5, 106,829 *,106,829 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.2
*6, 103,365 *,103,365 Silver Spoon Vol.7 Special Edition
*7, *88,059 *,*88,059 Shura no Mon: Dai ni Mon Vol.9
*8, *76,487 *,*76,487 Mashiro no Oto Vol.8
*9, *73,315 *,914,172 Naruto Vol.64
10, *53,892 *,*53,892 Ballroom e Youkoso Vol.4

11, *53,361 *,*53,361 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Vol.21 Limited Edition
12, *49,374 *,*49,374 Love So Life Vol.12
13, *46,624 *,*46,624 Tokyo Kushu Vol.7
14, *44,265 *,*44,265 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Vol.21
15, *43,791 *,*43,791 Zettai Karen Children Vol.34
16, *43,325 *,247,782 Moyashimon Vol.12
17, *41,871 1,164,735 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.1
18, *41,685 1,124,784 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.2
19, *41,158 *,*41,158 Again!! Vol.8
20, *40,906 *,*41,186 Honey Bitter Vol.8

21, *40,222 1,078,564 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.3
22, *39,812 *,723,219 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.9
23, *39,567 *,488,025 Sakamoto Desuga? Vol.1
24, *38,800 *,955,967 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.4
25, *38,787 *,*38,787 Akatsuki no Yona Vol.11
26, *38,285 *,756,919 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.8
27, *38,225 *,*38,225 Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo Vol.6
28, *38,152 *,911,753 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.5
29, *38,078 *,*38,078 Code:Breaker Vol.24
30, *37,315 *,*74,825 Kyou no Kira-kun Vol.5

Rank 31-50

Light Novel and Anime/Manga Related Books
*1, 51,525 238,934 Sword Art Online Vol.12
*2, 17,890 *24,858 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Vol.11 
*3, 14,566 740,279 Thoshokan Sensou Vol.1
*4, 11,889 *81,644 Hataraku Maou-sama Vol.1
*5, 11,674 *11,674 Toiki wa Yasashiku Shihaisuru
*6, 11,127 *39,402 Shingeki no Kyojin INSIDE KOU
*7, 10,132 *66,332 Hataraku Maou-sama Vol.2
*8, 10,070 116,457 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Vol.11
*9, *8,864 608,802 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.4
10, *8,415 *34,820 Hataraku Maou-sama Vol.8

11, *8,176 *12,501 Seiken-tsukai no World Break Vol.3
12, *7,853 *56,735 Hataraku Maou-sama Vol.3
13, *7,445 *11,010 Nourin Vol.6 
14, *6,843 **6,843 Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoruo Vol.12 
15, *6,597 *50,321 Hataraku Maou-sama Vol.4
16, *6,496 **9,845 Valkyrie Works
17, *5,891 **5,891 The Anti-heroic Epic of Burgund Vol.1
18, *5,875 489,738 Thoshokan Sensou Vol.2
19, *5,501 *45,605 Hataraku Maou-sama Vol.5

Source: Oricon Youtaiju

20 of 45 Comments Recent Comments

phoenixalia said:
tingy said:

Agreed. I haven't been seeing any quality shoujo manga getting adapted recently :/


Well, the sales for shoujo anime are pretty bad so companies are scared I guess. :/


I enjoyed both Tonari no Kaibutsu kun and Sukitte Ii na Yo but the sales were terrible and atrocious for them respectively. Kamisama Hajimemashite did OK but not great. Shoujo anime just doesn't sell these days. I think Kimi ni Todoke may be the last decent selling shoujo and that was years ago, I am not sure season 3 would do well today, sadly.

Apr 30, 2013 2:19 AM by hpulley

tingy said:

Agreed. I haven't been seeing any quality shoujo manga getting adapted recently :/


Well, the sales for shoujo anime are pretty bad so companies are scared I guess. :/

Apr 30, 2013 1:07 AM by phoenixalia

can't believe it , all volumes of shingeki no kyojin became from the top 50 , also , the sales 4 most of it more than 1 million copy !!

D FuQ !

Apr 30, 2013 12:07 AM by Mo777sen

Shingeki no Kyojin is doing well very good

Apr 29, 2013 6:53 PM by j0x

Nice to see Detective Conan reaching close to 300k. Reading some good things about Sliver Spoon, makes it harder to wait for the anime now lol

Apr 29, 2013 4:13 PM by Nightwing

#3 for fairy tail isn't that good. It used to bust out of the gates with around 400k

Apr 29, 2013 2:35 PM by Megacchi

phoenixalia said:
tingy said:

As expected, Shingeki no Kyojin is till doing very well. Besides that, it's good to see Akatsuki no Yona, Honey Bitter, and Taiyou no Ie on the list ^^


I really want Akatsuki no Yona and Taiyou no Ie to get anime. They are such good manga.

Agreed. I haven't been seeing any quality shoujo manga getting adapted recently :/

Apr 29, 2013 1:40 PM by tingy

Nice to see Akatsuki no Yona. I really want the chapters to be translated quicker T_T

Also I wonder why SAO vol12 is selling way more than usual. It's always end of hundred thousands but this time it surpassed 200k so easily.

Well from what I have read that has already been translated of this volume so far. It's gonna be an epic ride :)

Apr 29, 2013 8:55 AM by Barion-Zara

Zhou said:
*5, 106,829 *,106,829 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.2

It got a lot more popular since the release of volume 1 and I'm happy to see it sell so well.


I wonder how much of the "breaking sales records" is just advertisement. If it continues to sell so well an anime will air in due time. In any case, it is deserved - NnT is a refreshing fantasy series and reminds me a bit of OP and DB sometimes.

bittersweetlove said:
Now is "Shingeki no Kyojin" time to shine...and sell.


It always has been....

Umeko said:
In my experience, the Mangafox forums are full to the brim with preteen weebs, I wouldn't consider their views to be representative of anime/manga fandom as a whole.

(No offense to anyone who may frequent the Mangafox forums and DON'T fall under that label, that's just largely what I've experienced first-hand there, haha.)


Same could be said about MAL as well.

Apr 29, 2013 7:13 AM by Nidhoeggr

Shingeki no Strong. Nice to see Hataraku Maou-sama! selling too

Apr 29, 2013 6:53 AM by Monde11

tingy said:

As expected, Shingeki no Kyojin is till doing very well. Besides that, it's good to see Akatsuki no Yona, Honey Bitter, and Taiyou no Ie on the list ^^


I really want Akatsuki no Yona and Taiyou no Ie to get anime. They are such good manga.

Apr 29, 2013 5:43 AM by phoenixalia

Another week full of titans trampling all over the charts. And what's that? MgRonald's employee of the month is also getting his fair share of sales.

Apr 29, 2013 3:06 AM by Rachmaninow

Shingeki no Kyojin, once again dominated the list..

By the way SAO s2 when? Damn I really want to watch GGO, not fond of reading LN

Apr 29, 2013 2:58 AM by ToG25thBaam

Shingeki going stronk!
Also glad to see Yamada-kun to 7-nin.

Apr 29, 2013 12:45 AM by underoath777

Zhou said:
*5, 106,829 *,106,829 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.2

It got a lot more popular since the release of volume 1 and I'm happy to see it sell so well
it deserves it.

Apr 28, 2013 11:28 PM by RX-782

Stark700 said:
Silver Spoon at rank one and a recent chapter came out. I'm fucking excited for the upcoming anime now.


Yup I'm so ready for the anime!

As expected, Shingeki no Kyojin is till doing very well. Besides that, it's good to see Akatsuki no Yona, Honey Bitter, and Taiyou no Ie on the list ^^

Apr 28, 2013 11:22 PM by tingy

SnK doing well as expected. Looking good.

Apr 28, 2013 11:16 PM by Entravity

To Love-Ru Darkness and Kuroshitsuji are still going strong. :)

Apr 28, 2013 11:07 PM by TerrorH3ctor

Umeko said:
In my experience, the Mangafox forums are full to the brim with preteen weebs, I wouldn't consider their views to be representative of anime/manga fandom as a whole.

(No offense to anyone who may frequent the Mangafox forums and DON'T fall under that label, that's just largely what I've experienced first-hand there, haha.)


but still, that is commoner view.
it will be different with people who read many manga with different genre.

yhunata said:
hakazee said:
minority ? then you should go to mangafox forum and read what they say, or many other forum. they keep comparing Silver Spoon with FMA.


Of course they'll compare FMA to Silver Spoon. It's from the same author. Why do you think people compared Bakuman to Death Note? Same damn reason.


yes they say the same thing about Death note and Bakuman. i'm sure you know it.

Death note is Death note, Bakuman is Bakuman.

FMA is FMA , Silver Spoon is Silver Spoon.

yhunata said:
hakazee said:
hakazee said:
do you read slice of life ?
and tell me how many chapter of gin no saji you read ? 10 ?
FYI actually i read 10 chapters and drop it, i feel the story is so slow and i think it's not my type.

but 3 months ago my brother keep saying that silver spoon is good and forced me to read it again.

after 30 chapters, i know this is masterpiece.


Yes, I do read slice of life. I don't remember whether I'm currently reading one, but I've definitely read slice of life's before and I've certainly enjoyed them. For Silver Spoon, I didn't read much. Chapter 1 was all I read and it didn't pull me in at all. Bakuman is an SoL, it pulled me in within the first 10 pages. Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, 1st chapter. Aishiteruze Baby, first chapter again. Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa, first 20 pages.

Also, just for your information, I do plan on watching Silver Spoon when it airs next season because I know that 1 chapter isn't nearly enough for me to formulate an opinion on the quality of it. If it manages to grab me, I'll read it again. If it doesn't, I'm not touching it.


probably you just don't click with it. my friend like Moyashimon but don't like this one.

Apr 28, 2013 11:01 PM by hakazee

hakazee said:
minority ? then you should go to mangafox forum and read what they say, or many other forum. they keep comparing Silver Spoon with FMA.


Of course they'll compare FMA to Silver Spoon. It's from the same author. Why do you think people compared Bakuman to Death Note? Same damn reason.


hakazee said:
do you read slice of life ?
and tell me how many chapter of gin no saji you read ? 10 ?
FYI actually i read 10 chapters and drop it, i feel the story is so slow and i think it's not my type.

but 3 months ago my brother keep saying that silver spoon is good and forced me to read it again.

after 30 chapters, i know this is masterpiece.


Yes, I do read slice of life. I don't remember whether I'm currently reading one, but I've definitely read slice of life's before and I've certainly enjoyed them. For Silver Spoon, I didn't read much. Chapter 1 was all I read and it didn't pull me in at all. Bakuman is an SoL, it pulled me in within the first 10 pages. Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, 1st chapter. Aishiteruze Baby, first chapter again. Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa, first 20 pages.

Also, just for your information, I do plan on watching Silver Spoon when it airs next season because I know that 1 chapter isn't nearly enough for me to formulate an opinion on the quality of it. If it manages to grab me, I'll read it again. If it doesn't, I'm not touching it.

Apr 28, 2013 10:48 PM by yhunata