Junpei Takeda, a high school student, is childhood friends with Noriko Tatsumiya and the bully Kido Shouta. One day, during the usual course of bullying Junpei, they were suddenly summoned to a different world by the whim of "God." Summoned Heroes with cheats, or so he thought. But it turns out Junpei's stats were even worse than an average farmer. Tricked into a deathly labyrinth by the only one he trust, he walks the journey for revenge.
This is a ctrl+c/ctrl+v from what i commented on MD with a few edits. The review is further down.
Interesting manga with a shit ending. 6.5/10 (honestly maybe a 6 is already too much, but i enjoyed it besides the final chapter)
The story wasn't developed enough, they rushed everything after a certain part (more than it already was lol) and the character.. Well, he was an interesting character but wasn't developed enough as well. All i can see is a bunch of potential going to waste here.
Maybe this can be described as a shorter, worse version, of "Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou" ? Both have the
same problems but arifureta is a little more developed, has a better character and a more interesting story (imo), this is judging by the current manga ch. btw, i didn't read the novel.
Anyway, Dungeon Seeker ended like a shit movie that was not supposed to get a sequel, i'm quite disappointed.
---Now to the actual review---
You can read the synopsis, so i'll skip that. The manga goes from 0 to a 100 in a matter of a few chapters, and then it falls under a boring part, returns to a interesting part of the story to end with a completely shit conclusion. If you want a quick read, go for it, otherwise don't bother. What you can actually expect from it is the regular isekai thing, with a darker world and a mc that is ok with killing people. Like i said, you can compare it with Arifureta.
Personally i read this thing within a few days while i was in the bus lol
Story - 7 - Very cliche but I'm enjoying the new dark spin they're putting on it I'm sick of happy go lucky super OP harem fest other-world manga. It definitely seems like their might be an OP mc but it might be a little ways off. The drama is rather cliche as well but feels somewhat fresh considering it's an otherworld manga. So far I love it. I hope there won't be a harem though it'd be out of place in this manga but it considering how many otherworld manga there are it might need fan-service to stay afloat. Any ways it's worth a
look ignore that harsh ass review above me ( below? ) shield hero is good yeah but I've read EXTREMELY similar manga do it better with better art and a story full of overdone "Woe is me they hate me, the hero of ______." Check my list for the manga Konijiki something it's great.
Art - 8 - Basic art (sorta) but the art makes the monsters look nice so far. It's pretty good if you aren't picky like some. Check it out you'll get what I mean.
Enjoyment - 9 - I'm biased as fuck and love otherworld manga. A fair rating would be 7-8.
Character - 7 - maybe higher it's too early to tell but I like it reall gud.
Overall - 8 - really close to 9 but like I said its early and could possibly take down ward spiral like all manga with popular themes.
The only reason I wrote this is because the other dude was way to harsh for a manga with so few chapters hell you could say I'm being too generous but honestly I have high hopes. I mean obviously the other guy is sick of these manga types so he'll shit all over it. So yeah I urge you to check it out I have very high hopes.
UPDATE: I've began reading the Light Novel for this Manga I hate to say that everything I was praising this Manga for is just null at this point. The drama is gone and the tension is non existent, it turns into a haremy circle jerk about how cool our MC is. The villains are just so hilariously exaggerated because the author cant be bothered to give the any personality other than "We rape girl and kill guys cause were evil I bet you want us to die". At this point I doubt we're gonna see any real revenge dished out but I think you can look up spoilers if you'd like to save yourself the trouble, I'm too far in to just drop this though so i'll just tough it out. I'll leave the previous rating I left in the description above but I'll alter the score for the new rating. I should've listened to the dude below me, he had the common sense not to be tricked by an Isekai into thinking it would be anything but some random Japanese dudes wish fulfillment fantasy.
This isn't a rating for the LN for those thinking I might have done that, this is for the current chapter in the manga and where things are heading.
Story- went from a 7 to a very generous 3, only reason I won't give it anything lower is because MAYBE the manga will stray from the Light Novel in future chapters and redeem itself. If not, this manga deserves no mercy. I read this online for free and I still feel ripped off.
Art- I still like the art, it's been pretty consistent and good in my opinion. 8
Character- MC went from a man with a vengeance to some moron with hot girls who like him for no reason messing around in a dungeon for lulz. 7 to a 3, I've read much worse.
enjoyment- 9 to a 2, terrible characters added onto a story that's just drudging along at a painfully slow pace doesn't make for an enjoyable manga.
overall score is a 3 or 4, I think I rate things too harshly but so maybe a 3 from me is a 4 to anyone else.
Overall: 9 The story is fine. The plot being a fantasy RPG where main character and people in his world get transferred to another world isn't the most unique but I don't find it repetitive at all. The art isn't outstanding but it fits the dark texture that surrounds the plot. Character is great and takes a nice 360, hopefully the development goes well. Really enjoying this manga, I read a few fantasy RPG mangas and this one updates slow but still delivers a nice punch. The RPG world doesn't really have any explanation to it so far which can be annoying but if you
can tolerate it you'll enjoy the RPG the main character goes through.
Story : 3
- Mediocre at best. The "dramas" feels extremely forced, and used mainly to advance the plot, which is super cliche and stupid at this point so far. It is your typical average teenage boy getting transferred into another fantasy world. Well while it is true that this isn't a harem series in which the character is overly OP and just an overall trash harem/waifubait of a mess, the premise of this manga isn't unique or refreshing, and have been done better before (Tate no Yuusha Nariagari). While I do have a soft spot for series that take a darker approach on these
kind of premises, this manga is a complete mess of a writing. It just showed how immature and incompetent the writer is. I would have given it a 3 or 4, but since it is fairly new, I will give it another chance
- Oh god where do I even begin... The MC is a typical teenage boy who wishes to have a peaceful life and that's his only damn defining trait( Yeah because we totally never got this type of character before). I'm not against his personality or something but it's extremely dreadful to the point of being dreadful. What's worse is that he is extremely naive, and is an absolute imbecile. I found myself getting angry and frustrated at him instead of the villains. He is the type of guy that would make you want to yell "Use your f***king head for god's sake".
- The Villains have no defining traits except being scummy. Completely and dreadfully shallow and one-dimensional. They have no purposes or motivations, and are there to just move the plot along. I would even call it insulting to my intelligence.
- As for the so-called "God", maybe it's just me but his character designs really piss me off for some reason. Oh , did I mention that the character designs are completely cliche and stereotypical too ? The character designs are completely cliche and stereotypical. Enough of that. God literally just appears out of no-where , uncalled for , and just start dumping expositions after teleporting(?) the characters to somewhere(?). They never really explain what is going on or maybe I just didn't pay enough attention because I was so bored muscling through this garbage. The part where that guy started charging in at God and got killed was just so freaking comically horrible that it was ironically funny. Not that I'm laughing at the funniness of that scene, I'm just laughing at how much of an incompetent hack the writer is. After that guy was slaughtered, everyone was kind of freaked out , in a very awkward and bizarre way. Just made the whole scene seemed like a comic relief instead of a serious moment that should have define and establish the tone of the series.
- Some may call it "stylizing" or "unique" but to me, the art is just complete trash. No details whatsoever, the character designs are cliche and stereotypical, and many more. I could talk more but it's just trash.
- A complete mess that I dreadfully pulled myself through, even though I only read 2 chapters, the manga is so bad that I just couldnt bear it. I was just thinking and hoping that the series would get progressively better, and It was the only motivation that kept me going through this pile of garbage. The pacing is a clusterfuck too.
- So far, it's trash , and it seems like it will stay that way. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this sack of trash whatsoever. Unless you want your intelligence to be insulted through generic and shallow characters, stupid and cliche plots, and abysmal artstyle.