Monte Cristo Hakushaku

Chapters: 12
Status: Finished
Published: Oct 3, 2014 to Sep 4, 2015
Genres: DramaDrama, SeinenSeinen
Authors: Dumas, Alexandre (Story), Moriyama, Ena (Story & Art)
Serialization: Young Animal Arashi

Score: 7.701 (scored by 404404 users)
1 indicates a weighted score.
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.
Members: 874

Sep 20, 2017
Vicalth (All reviews)
*Spoiler free!*

Having read the original book that inspired this manga, I'm gonna try to make a short and useful review of it, while comparing it as well.

- Story -

Score: [8]

The story followed well the one from the original book, although certain parts were left out. That can confuse the reader, since nearly every information in Monte Cristo is valuable and not to be missed. I wouldn't advise to start with the manga if you're not already familiar with the characters and the plot.

- Art -

Score: [9]

I found it especially fascinating to see the characters 'come to life' in manga form. I read more
Jun 3, 2019
MrVanitas (All reviews)
If you are a fan of classics such as myself you will enjoy it. It's worth buying even just for the art which is wonderful. Book, movie, musical and now this manga. I'm glad I could relive this tale once again.

Of course there are slight differences from the original novel, but it's nothing outstanding (mostly some informations about Edmond). It won't ruin your enjoyment and if you can't stand books... >:( it's still worth checking out in this form.

Honestly I saw the art way before I realized it's The Count of Monte Cristo manga. You can imagine the surprise when I saw it in a read more
Mar 23, 2020
hexashadow13 (All reviews)
tl;dr: A simplified but still excellent adaptation of a renowned classic.

I did read the original novel for this, but it was over a decade ago when I was in school, so it’s definitely been a while. Hence, my memory of the original is very spotty. With that in mind, I thought it was an excellent adaptation. It manages to capture the spectrum of feelings that Edmond faces over the course of the story and the changes that he experiences as a result of them very well, and the reader is very much able to feel emotions such as rage at the villains or satisfaction when read more