Edit Manga Information

Volumes: 14
Chapters: 102
Status: Finished
Published: Jul 1998 to Feb 27, 2008
Authors: Nightow, Yasuhiro (Story & Art)
Serialization: Young King OURs

Score: 8.281 (scored by 5232 users)
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Jun 10, 2008
AoiMemori (All reviews)
Having been an old Trigun fan (since they showed the anime in the old Adult Swim) this is such a great treat. I remember I once read the original Trigun manga but I don't remember it as well...

Moving on, Trigun Maximum is the best manga I've read in a long while. It's mostly good because we get to see the Vash/Knives fight work itself out and meet a good bunch of characters.

STORY: It mostly consists of Vash's vow to never kill another human being and having to go on about the world, spreading his "peace and love" routine while having enemies that randomly show read more
Aug 24, 2015
takakara_nomuro (All reviews)
I was very careful with this criticism. Trigun was one of the first manga I read, and also one of the best.

Tells the story of Humanoid Typhoon Vash the Stampede. Vash is the most feared gunslinger in a desert land, with a reward of 60 billion double by his head, and held responsible for the complete destruction of the City of July. However Vash is a staunch pacifist who avoids aggression to the fullest and not admit killing under any circumstances.

Regardless of like violence or not, haunts him: the places visited by Vash are always devastated by their well-meaning interventions or people seeking the reward. read more
Dec 17, 2016
butthurtbrigade (All reviews)
It's not a very good manga, the art is shitty and badly detailed, I had trouble seeing what was going on in a lot of panels. The character development is non-existent. The action doesn't work because of the aforementioned poor art and I'm just more of a edgelord who prefers to see the protagonist kill his enemies so I guess the whole premise of Trigun just wasn't for me. (Although the series does get darker later on)

The comedy was not very good so the darker turn when it became seinen was welcomed, but overall I just didn't care for it.
Jun 13, 2013
TuesdaysDusk (All reviews)
Trigun is, without question, an anime classic. It has endearing characters, and intriguing storyline, and interesting world, and a wonderful ascetic. It is a show that I recommend to anyone as they start their journey into anime fandom, and it is an excellent example of what anime can be, even without today’s animation standards. Trigun Maximum, however, is one of the very few times that I enjoyed the adaption better than the original.

Trigun Maximum is a continuation of the original Trigun manga that was cut short. It follows the further adventures of Vash the Stampede, Nicholas D. Wolfwood, and the Bernadelli Insurance girls as they read more
Mar 23, 2017
Lord_Odous (All reviews)
This is a manga review for both Trigun and Trigun Maximum.

It is not easy to depict action in the form of manga. Trigun is one of those works that fell victim to flashy art style that becomes overly convoluted and confusing for readers to follow.

Trigun started out as a light-hearted comedy where we follow Vash the Stampede and how having a mega bounty on his head attracts nothing but trouble. Beyond his happy go lucky exterior, we soon find out his dark past and his conviction of never to take one's life away.

Gradually, the mood shifts especially during Maximum where it becomes darker and read more