Be Blues! Ao ni Nare

Type: Manga
Volumes: Unknown
Chapters: Unknown
Status: Publishing
Published: Jan 26, 2011 to ?
Genres: ShounenShounen, SportsSports
Authors: Tanaka, Motoyuki (Story & Art)
Serialization: Shounen Sunday

Score: 7.861 (scored by 558558 users)
1 indicates a weighted score.
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Jan 14, 2021
adiroy2 (All reviews)
This manga is definitely underrated.
cant help though, cuz people like cuteness and drama more than informatics and fluidity.
This is one of those manga i got hooked to way back, and have been loving it!. Though, this review itself is late lol.
The plot is getting better and better every month, art is good as always, character development is good and so is the intra character development. Straight off, sakuraba and ichijou are my favourites .
enjoyment is fully conceiveable cuz i am a football fan, and seeing this manga touch historical names, moves, concepts and technicalities et nuances is enthralling to me
Dec 10, 2019
mangareader123 (All reviews)
Ao ni nare/ Be Blues

It is a shonen manga about a kid Ryuu Ichijou who wants to turn blue ie. wear Blue jersey of the Japanese National Football team.

I say it's shonen but it is without the usual tropes. In this story the protagonist levels up by his own effort, he plans for success, and from time to time gets unlucky too. We see him struggling and he responds in a realistic manner.
This is unlike other shonen where the MC gets sudden powerups, has amazing genes due to a legendary father, and is always lucky to meet great teachers who teach them forbidden techniques.

STORY
The story read more
Aug 4, 2018
chuniyana (All reviews)
English is not my Mothertongue so please forgive my mistakes.

Be Blues is one of the most underrated manga out their with only few chapters available despite running since 2011.

The story is new as most of the Football Mangas have similar Stories about a guy with great will power and overcoming any difficulties through it.

The storytelling and art is good and you could feel the agony of our protagonist, who is suffering from being unable to play Soccer or Football which he loves more than anything.

The Characters are somewhat cliche in nature, like the best friend who supports our protagonist all the time, Childhood friend who read more
Sep 21, 2020
Est (All reviews)
Be Blues is a manga about football. Now that’s obviously a little silly to say, but it’s true. Be Blues is a series that practically oozes passion for the sport of football. This is very clearly a series directly aimed at fans of the sport, jam-packed with football jargon and references that I found myself having to look up. It’s the kind of series that makes me, someone who actively dislikes football, kinda miss playing it.

Sep 5, 2020
Wilfree (All reviews)
Let's make this quickly as possible (it won't be). Be Blues is a very good manga in the beginning, but as story progresses, everything turns mediocre to the point I dropped after 350 chapters, kinda first 100 chapter are very good, 200-300 are good, 200-300 are between good and very good, but after chapter 300, the quality dropped severely. It's not that changed everything radically, on the contrary, it does not change. The pattern starts to annoys too much.

Story
As a spokon, is a 10. The football stuff are almost 100% accurate and every topic related is on point. BUT, as any other context, it sucks. read more
Nov 28, 2020
Ju_M (All reviews)
I will keep it simple.

Be Blues has the worst Mc in a story I´ve ever read I´ve never seen a more boring and bland mc.
The characters are all pretty bland but he is by far the worst one.

The story is basic too, we follow the journey of the mc and his desire to join the japanese soccer team. He gets injured while prottecting his friend, struggles for 2 years but quickly gets better, there`s no internal strugle nothing, he genuinly feels like a robot.

The matches and the art are the best thing about the manga, the matches are genuinly entertaining, so if you dont really read more