Edit Manga Information

Volumes: 3
Chapters: 24
Status: Finished
Published: Mar 24, 2008 to Sep 8, 2008
Authors: Komi, Naoshi (Story & Art)
Serialization: Shounen Jump (Weekly)

Score: 7.651 (scored by 7965 users)
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Mar 11, 2010
StaminaRose (All reviews)
Another Shonen manga that didnt quite gets itself going. But should you read it, short answer: Yes, yes you should.

Double Arts is for me the perfect example of a manga with awesome ideas that for some reason or another just didnt get going properly. So lets break it down:

Story:
The world of Double Arts is one in which a rampant disease kills hundreds every day. The disease can be passed on through contact with any part of the infected persons body, and is always fatal - its just a matter of time. Handily occasionally some girls are born with a resistance. These girls can absorb read more
Jan 4, 2009
vavoysh (All reviews)
Mangaka: Naoshi Komi
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy
Length: 23 Chapters, due to Cancellation
Rating: 7/10 [Would be higher if it was longer ...]

Plot: The world has been plagued with a deadly sickness, Troi, for 700 years. The Sisters are the only ones who can treat it – women who have a high immunity for the sickness, they absorb some of the poison from the patient, prolonging their lives. However, in return, eventually they will succumb to it too.

This fate is happening to Elraine, who after treating a patient, starts having the seizures that are unique to the disease. She is saved by Kili, a young boy who read more
Jul 5, 2008
edgewalker00 (All reviews)
double arts is basically a typical shounen manga that starts with a chance encounter that ends up with a mix of romance and adventure.

it starts with a plot of an incurable disease with one boy holding the possible cure. the boy doesn't want others to be harmed because of him and thus, aspires to be much stronger. despite this common initial plot in every shounen manga, double arts has its own unique style that differentiates it from the others.

the art style of double arts gives off a hip look which makes, somewhat reminiscient with naruto's art, but gives of an entirely different feel. comedic plots read more
Jan 7, 2010
ItNao (All reviews)
Mod Note: This is a review for the one-shot, "Island", now included in the Double Arts entry.

AHEMHM;

First of all this manga is a wonderful example of hope. It's also irony in itself. It, for me, was a refreshing new veiw of the very concept of hope. It was new and nothing about it was dull. In a fictional sense, extremely realistic. People can understand that over it over and it's hard to come to that facture. But when you try and take a good look around you, realize that as long as were on this earth, yes there is. I smiled real large when the read more
Sep 26, 2009
hznu (All reviews)
This one shot sucks. Have you ever seen a children's cartoon by the name of Arthur? When I was seven I watched it a lot and learned many many EMOTIONAL TRUTHS. And the show was really enjoyable too.

This is basically the same idea...it's trying to teach you something but if you already know what's its saying. . . who gives a shit? What else does it have to offer? Not much: just an already-done premise and crappy art.

No entertainment was had whilst reading this. I'm not against emotional truths really. I like them alright. But this is pretty goddamn unnecessary.

Skip this preachy bullshit (unless read more
Aug 7, 2008
gyalee (All reviews)
The story, because it is still in it's beginning stages, seems pretty basic, but it holds much promise, and it seems like there are many secrets to be revealed, like the story behind Troy, and the individual histories of all of the characters.

Speaking of characters! Kiri, our protagonist is extremely likable, and though he seems like our typical shounen hero, there is still much to be found out about him. Elraine is also a very enjoyable character, and Sui, Fallen, Kiri's parents, and others come together to make a great cast.

Overall, it seems like Double Arts will be a fun ride.
Apr 7, 2009
Pure-Lyfe (All reviews)
I would have rated this series higher, but due to it's abrupt ending due to cancellation I have to knock it down a notch. It's still very worth the read though.

Story: Nicely balanced with aspects of shounen and shoujo mixed nicely throughout. There's some romance, some comedy, some mystery, some drama, action, adventure... A little bit of many different things. It was a very interesting concept that the two had to hold hands or else Elraine would die, and it was developing really nicely! The author handled the abrupt ending really well--he gave Kiri x Elraine fans hope, and he left it in a way read more
Jan 21, 2012
Omamori (All reviews)

Island, being a one-shot manga, is a very short read. But in spite of how short it is, the story gets everything it wants and needs to out there, and then wraps it up nice and neatly. The characters and story are fantastic and heartwarming, everything being developed very well and smoothly over a simple 45 pages.

The story starts with two young girls, both of whom are unique, and quite fun to read. They live on a stretch of land that is guarded from the outside world by a read more
Dec 1, 2008
renjikuchiki1 (All reviews)
The main story of Double Arts starts off as somewhat interesting, and quite funny, and continues along this way for quite a while. I was so enthralled by it, i waited for each new chapter. Overall very good, but what brings me down is how the series ends pretty much halfway through the series, so you never really see how it ends, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of even writing it. In short, good story, funny at times, ending ruins it all.
Jan 7, 2012
Pesona_Persona (All reviews)
Title: Double arts
Compared to: Magico

Review:
The story of Double arts is about a boy that will face an bizarre adventure to save the worlds. He is accompanied by a cute girl that cannot let his hand no matter what, a crack (and cute) childhood friends and badass pacifist warrior.

The story is good as it blend the drama and action perfectly. Sometimes it becomes slice of life stories, sometimes it become a cool shounen manga and other times it became an awkward romantic comedy. The way the author sway the stories were really wonderful.

The art also were good and you may read it several time just read more
Dec 30, 2013
EyeBall1844 (All reviews)
Double Arts a manga that ended abruptly due to cancellation.

Story- 8/10
The story is quite intriguing. Troy, a disease with no cure and once infected you are doomed. Sisters are able to delay the disease but at the cost of their own lifespan. One day a sister named Elraine starts succumbing to the disease, but a boy named kiri is able to stop her seizures, is he the cure? A different kind of story with many mysteries to be unlocked.

Art- 7/10
Good art for a first time serialized manga. The characters are neatly drawn and the backgrounds have a nice amount of detail, when they read more
Nov 12, 2010
shadwdragn (All reviews)
Totally love double arts... protagonist kinda reminds me of naruto... and the two main just make this story sooo great! I was sad when it ended eariler then it should... left too many unanswered questions for me.. but i still loved it.