Edit Manga Information

Volumes: 11
Chapters: Unknown
Status: Finished
Published: Aug 1, 2013 to Nov 5, 2018
Authors: Amano, Akira (Story & Art)
Serialization: Shounen Jump+

Score: 7.121 (scored by 836 users)
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Nov 10, 2016
Yurue (All reviews)
I'll try to keep this short for those who are new to amano's works:

If you don't fall in love with any of the characters, ships characters together or really like the art, don't read it.
Why?
Because her work rarely have much more than that. Will elDLIVE be a rare case though? We'll see.

It's not that the story/plot is bad. It wasn't, really. They were quite creative and it has some interesting twists too, the problem is that it was very cringey, like, majorly cringey. I'm talking about Inazuma Eleven's "we must save soccer because it is love and it is life" level of cringe. Maybe not read more
Feb 20, 2017
GinLii (All reviews)
First of all, I would like to get this out of the way and say that this is mostly a negative review. Also, keep in mind that I will be comparing this to Amano's previous work "Reborn!".

Plot: Kokonose Chuuta is a middle school boy that hears voices in his head and occasionally even talks to that voice in public, hence the nickname "Mumbling Chuuta". Soon, he realizes that an alien, more specifically, a montelien (excuse the spelling) is connected to him by unknown reasons, and was soon chosen to join a galactic space police organization, called elDLIVE.

The Story had a pretty strange start, read more
Nov 13, 2016
-searching- (All reviews)
I'll keep my review simple since I agree with the review written before me.

TL;DR at the bottom

Storyline

Typical but interesting. You can take a preexisting genre and make it work. What matters is the execution. This just as in plot standpoint is the your typical shonen manga you've seen rising in popularity over the recent years:

Weak protagonist is weak, meets some supernatural force, some outer force threatens loved ones/world, protagonist gets stronger by the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, and eventually defeats threat.

The overarching plot seems to dwell with memories, emotional/psychological trauma, growing up, friendship (duh), and relationships with loved ones coupled with a sci-fi space cops theme. read more