Edit Manga Information

Tokyo Mew Mew à La Mode

Tokyo Mew Mew à La Mode

English: Tokyo Mew Mew à La Mode
Synonyms: Tokyo Mew Mew in Fashion, Tokyo Mew Mew a La Mode, Usagi no Furasu Hoshi
Japanese: 東京ミュウミュウあ・ら・もーど

Type: Manga
Volumes: 2
Chapters: 12
Status: Finished
Published: Mar 3, 2003 to Dec 27, 2003
Authors: Ikumi, Mia (Story & Art)
Serialization: Nakayoshi

Score: 6.361 (scored by 5645 users)
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Aug 5, 2008
KawaiiNeko (All reviews)
Since Tokyo Mew Mew really captured my time and attention, I was really ready for a La Mode to do the same. Well needless to say i was very disappointed. The main character Berry (or Berii however they say it) took over for the first main character Ichigo. I considered that mistake number one. Next the storyline or lack there of made no sense. All in all a La Mode really was a waste of everyone's time and money.
Sep 17, 2008
WindWitchKagura (All reviews)
This was a story with very cute drawings, but it echoes Tokyo Mew Mew and was not very creative. The life of Berrii or Berry is simply a modified version of Ichigo's, and she takes over the entire story. This isn't a masterpiece manga, and the only real reason I feel you could read it for is looking at the artwork.
Jan 22, 2008
sanajisushi (All reviews)
Absolutely TERRIBLE. The loss of Yoshida Reiko really impacted the series. Tokyo Mew Mew was great, but a la mode is NOT. Berii (or, as Tokyopop calls her, Berry) is as bad of a Mary Sue as you find in most of fanfiction.net, characters acted out of character, and Ichigo is shuffled offscreen and cripplingly depowered to give the Playboy Bunny a chance to hypnotize her friends into loving her. Ikumi Mia's art is still top-quality, but the story greatly suffered. Do yourself a favour and stick with the original series.
May 24, 2010
tnelson027 (All reviews)
There were so many negative points here. No plot until chapter 8, the 3rd-to-last chapter. What gives? I pick up a sequel series, I expect a good plot, not some magical girl-slice of life mishmash. Thee poor attempt at a romance sidestory didn't help. Losing Rieko Yoshida was definitely a big blow to the writers. I would not reread this at all. The only real positive thing was maintaining the art style from the first series. This series was lucky to be rated a 6.
Jul 12, 2011
kolemon (All reviews)
Tokyo Mew Mew a La Mode

meaning :

What the fuck is going on ?

So I'd been patient. I was like "OMG. My childhood will reborn". Dissapointed. Like seriuosly.

There is a chick - Berry - she transforms into some rabbit and she's like a replacement for Ichigo. AWESOME ! -sarcastic.
She has her own love history, pretty lame comparing to Ichigo's, but anyway I could have survive this, but I think I didn't want to. I did it to the end. And it was such a waste of time.

Art stays like usual. But character's rating. I don't understand why Ichigo was for such a read more
Apr 19, 2016
hat-and-goggles (All reviews)
This is by no means a particularly good manga, but I did enjoy it.

The art and designs are cute and of adequate quality, as we'd seen in the original series. Not much was added in that respect between the original comic and the sequels, except for some weapons being updated to look more like the weapons used in the anime.

I think the biggest problem with this comic is that it tried to do in 2 volumes what Tokyo Mew Mew did in 7. This kind of caused the sequel to be a bit of a clusterf*ck on a good day, and completely incomprehensible on a read more
May 3, 2013
littlepeach90 (All reviews)
It's a cute story and everything, but the other reviewers are right: Berry totally kicked Ichigo to the curb, and that's seriously not alright. She's rather obnoxious, and I feel as if the writer for a La Mode was picked from a pool of badly written TMM fanfics.

The artwork is beautiful though, and the only other thing besides the beautiful art is the fact that there's only two books in the a La Mode set.

All in all, if you like poorly written manga with beautiful artwork but the story line resembles something that you'd see on ff.net, then this is the manga for you!
Mar 21, 2016
alphysics (All reviews)
holy
shit
this is by far one of the WORST manga i have EVER read. the main character, berry, is the exact textbook definition of a mary sue. its kind of like if you gave an 8 year old a pen and paper and asked them to design a character. if you haven't read/watched any of the tmm series, i'll put it shortly. basically, all of the girls in this series have a power of a certain endangered animal. the girls only have the power of ONE animal, but because of some screw up in experiments, she gets the power of TWO endangered animals, making her the read more
Mar 13, 2016
Drozham (All reviews)
Was it written in a day? I think it was definitely written in a day.. All of the characters were awful, all of the original characters were ignored a lot and lost all personality. It didn't really make sense.. Kind of disappointed, but I already read the reviews so, also expected. The original Tokyo Mew Mew is amazing, they seem to have made a really poor, two volume version for some reason. It's as if the producers were bugging them to make a second series so they purposely made it bad so they would get left alone. I didn't enjoy any of it to be read more
Feb 17, 2016
Meira_Eve (All reviews)
Yeah... this is just awfully terrible...
I loved tokyo mew mew because it was the first step i take right before i became an otaku.. but when i read this it was like wtf?? Ichigo's place is compleatly "REPLACED".. it is not a change of generation but fully replaced... the fact that that Berry girl has 2 animal DNA is just feel so greedy of cuteness.. even Ringo from the TMM game just have 1 animal dna even though she doesn't really has animal dna within her... so for me it was a total let down.. i completed the manga just to see Ichigo again..