Edit Manga Information

Volumes: 14
Chapters: 82
Status: Finished
Published: May 8, 2000 to Oct 25, 2005
Authors: Ogawa, Yayoi (Story & Art)
Serialization: Kiss

Score: 8.141 (scored by 6111 users)
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Feb 12, 2009
Shugocharalover (All reviews)
This is one of the best underrated manga’s I have seen in a long time, so I hope my review can convince you to buy or read online such a masterpiece.

-Spoiler Free-

Story-
A misunderstood Sumire finds a homeless boy in a cardboard box outside of her apartment complex. It isn't the most gripping start but don't be fooled to think that this is its basis, instead of being a typical manga that follows a weak female character and a hot male this goes in a completely different direction. Sumire is strong and Momo is quirky and funny, with this they build a good friendship that is read more
Oct 14, 2009
PartiaL (All reviews)
A pet is someone that will accept you for all that you are weaknesses, strengths, and all the other quirky things wrong with you. Sumire is a woman with a pet that does exactly that, and her pet Momo whole heartedly fills that role.

What you get from Kimi wa Petto is a well written and complex story about people trying to find a place in life. It's filled with likeable characters and interesting stories and situations. At times it will have you smiling and laughing to Sumire and Momo's strange interactions and at othertimes it will give you the chance to read more
Feb 19, 2011
blushjoy (All reviews)
Kimi wa Pet or Tramps Like Us is the manga equivalent of a nice bowl of soup.

It's a dramedy revolving around the relationships of Sumire, a successful reporter whose tough exterior hides many insecurities, Takeshi (Momo), a young man Sumire picks up off the street who, in return becomes her 'pet' and finally Hasumi, Sumire's first love who becomes her boyfriend after her breakup in the beginning of the story.

What makes this manga work is the chemistry between all of the characters, from the love triangles to the bitchy co-workers, to Sumire's domineering family.

As a single woman in a tough work environment, Sumire puts read more
Mar 8, 2015
killerhuglady (All reviews)
Quick version:
If you haven't read this, then read it. It's amazing.

Not lemme elaborate:
I gave it a 10/10 across the board for a reason.
Story?
The development wasn't rushed. It was fun (maybe not always realistic, but hey it's manga), and not super cliched, so that was pretty refreshing for me. It also didn't over romanticize things like- "Oh Abc is SO amazing we'll get married and live a happily ever-after" and be all kawaii kawaii desu desu everywhere. Which was another thing I liked.
Art?
I'll tell you now, it's not your usual fluffy, skinny girls with magical proportions. Especially Momo. Any dance scene was so....*drools*. Very anatomically read more
Apr 23, 2010
Torii-chan (All reviews)
This was a really enjoyable story. The main character's strength and determination is endearing. The development of the characters was complex and flowed nicely. There was quite a bit of humor mixed with the drama, which lightens up the series considerably. The animation was very detailed and clean looking. Awesome!

Dec 19, 2010
wurlygurl17 (All reviews)
I usually don't read this type of manga, but one day I came across it and started reading it out of curiosity. I fell in love with it and could not put it down. I highly recommend this manga to everyone.

This manga was also made into a drama called, "Kimi Wa Peto" or "Pet Lover". It is very similar to the manga, but has some variances to keep the audience on their toes. I myself own the DVD. It is in Japanese, but if you get the right dvd it will come with subtitles.
Jul 24, 2012
paperstarxo (All reviews)
This was my first Josei manga, and it was quite the kick starter!
Coming from not so realistic romances, I found the way the romance in this a bit frustrating, but it is realistic.

I wish it was more popular to get an anime, but it is definitely worth it even if you prefer to wait for an anime version. You'll be hooked from the first chapter and it is worth re-reading once complete!
Jun 13, 2013
RoodyChan (All reviews)
It's absolutely one of the most underrated mangas out there, I'm truly hoping for an anime adaption!

The story is unique and completely new to me, I was bewildered by it at first, but then it started to grow on me, just like the art, which is different to regular mangas. The love story of Takeshi "Momo" and Sumire is cute, and sheds a new and fun light on Older women/Younger men relationships.

I absolutely loved Momo, his passion and dedication for Sumire is amazing. and Sumire kinda reminds me of myself (we both are journalists! :D), and we have many traits in common, so read more
Dec 28, 2013
N201_ASYLUM (All reviews)
Kimi wa Pet is a masterpiece in it's genre: Josei romance. It is unique, well-written and utterly enjoyable. And this is coming from someone who takes girly romance manga stories with a pinch of salt.

Sumire Iwaya is a high climbing career woman with an intimidating aura, modelesque good looks and an impressive work record. Still, this is only one facet of her character, and something concocted from superficial observations of acquaintances. In actuality, she's quite dorky and endearing, loves anime and wrestling shows, and feels most comfortable in her sweats and lounging on the sofa.

However, she's had little luck in love and was even read more
Sep 21, 2014
frikini-yasha (All reviews)
this is a MUST-READ for anyone who loves Romance stories that are not-too-cliched-and-overly-dramatic. one of the greatest manga I've read so far :)
it has a cute story which can be applied in real life. (except the pet part thingy XD)
give it a try and see what i mean :)
Apr 1, 2014
heliotrope (All reviews)
I had no intentions of writing a review but changed my mind when I saw the rating.
This is one of the if not the best josei out there

Story: the story in the beginning somewhat freaked me out cuz the whole finding a boy in a cardboard box and keeping at as your pet is hardly believable but don't back out because of this because as the story progresses that doesn't matter anymore as the situation seems so natural. The mangaka did one heck of a job as it really does show prospects of real life and how the characters face such situations with light comedy read more