Edit Manga Information

Volumes: Unknown
Chapters: 1
Status: Finished
Published: Aug 4, 2003
Authors: Obata, Takeshi (Art), Ohba, Tsugumi (Story)
Serialization: Shounen Jump (Weekly)

Score: 7.261 (scored by 7381 users)
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Jul 16, 2012
This manga is the one-shot that started the Death Note series. I expected some things to be different, not much. I found this issue to be enjoyable yet ... odd.

I'll be frank: here, there is such a thing as a death /eraser/. Something to bring those that were killed in the Death Note back to life. That should tell you something right there.

The main character is an average kid with no intention to actually kill anyone (he did by mistake) which made the plot fairly less entertaining. The Death Eraser was just weird - really glad Ohba got rid of it.

It's a cool "look what read more
I found this review Helpful
Sep 16, 2016

I am a huge fan of Death Note. While I was really late to the party when it came to the series (I only just got into it this year, which, as this is written, is 2016), I still spent a lot of time (and money) with Death Note. I've seen both the sub and dub version of the anime, watched all of the subpar live action movies in Japan, I have the entire series on DVD, and I'm in the middle of the manga currently.

When I found out about this, I admit I was pretty excited. Whether it's poor or not, read more
I found this review Helpful