Edit Manga Information

Akuma no Puzzle

Akuma no Puzzle

Synonyms: Kare to Kanojo to+1, Karigami no Himegimi, Shichigatsu no Hanayome, Him and Her, Plus One, Karigami Princess, July Bride
Japanese: 悪魔のパズル

Type: Manga
Volumes: 1
Chapters: 4
Status: Finished
Published: Jun 10, 2003 to May 10, 2010
Authors: Hagio, Akira (Story & Art)
Serialization: LaLa DX

Score: 6.831 (scored by 581 users)
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Mar 11, 2013
BreathOfFire3 (All reviews)
I really liked this collection of short stories, each of them had piece of the unexpected. Each story has a different setting.
*The first deals with a demon possessing a childhood friend.
*The next starts with an unexpected 'daughter'.
*Then there is a fantasy about a princess and a kingdom protected by a god.
In the last a rich young girl who's father is trying to make her marry and she runs away.
Some of the themes are deciding what you want in your future and dealing with your past. I don't overly focus on artwork, but the image for this is a good indication read more
Dec 28, 2016
syaowee (All reviews)
Art style-wise, Akuma no Puzzle is nothing groundbreaking. The characters are drawn well enough to be likable.

But I praise this title for its ambition to come up with plots that break the shoujo mold. There's fantasy, school romances, omiai, demons, etc., so you're bound to find a oneshot you like here.

Characterization-wise, I like how the mangaka developed the characters. The women aren't badasses, but they're not helpless, crybaby wimps either. They're even fairly entertaining, even at the height of their mandatory naivete.

Lastly, I must especially mention the male lead in the fourth oneshot (July Bride's Yuu, who's just the epitome of coolness), read more