Himawari

Chapters: 1
Status: Finished
Published: Mar 27, 2010
Genres: SeinenSeinen
Authors: Asano, Inio (Story & Art)
Serialization: Gekkan! Spirits

Score: 6.491 (scored by 955955 users)
1 indicates a weighted score.
Ranked: #120182
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Jul 3, 2013
albinochocolate (All reviews)
"Because I have no economic or political ambitions, I can only envision a life of poverty. But a man is supposed to prioritize his happiness over all else." -The Main Character (of Himawari)

People are told to behave, be, and showcase who they truly are, but what if their parents, their usual main source for inspiration and support, imagine and expect their children to behave and act a different way?
Himawari, a short one-shot by prolific and talented mangaka Inio Asano, briefly explores a repressed man who feels this for most of his life. Then quickly, out of seemingly nowhere, his parents die in an unfortunate accident.

Story: read more
Jun 6, 2020
YvngNigxr (All reviews)
this one shot of inio asano will either make you think "damn this shit was a good one shot" or "what the fuck did i just read?"

the lack of context may upset you, but i believe this was written in a way to make the reader go with a certain scenario so the story can make sense to him, and that is great, because it opens many points of view on the story and keeps you glued to it through out the short read

I recommend this, infact, go read it right now. Would I consider it a masterpiece? fuck no, still worth it tho.