Barakamon

Chapters: 135
Status: Finished
Published: Feb 22, 2008 to Jan 10, 2019
Genres: ComedyComedy, ShounenShounen, Slice of LifeSlice of Life
Authors: Yoshino, Satsuki (Story & Art)
Serialization: Gangan Online

1 indicates a weighted score.
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.
Favorites: 1,126

Aug 6, 2013
Mahiro-Petto (All reviews)
Er, this is my first review but here goes.
When I first saw this manga I was reluctant to read it cause I didn't think it would be interesting since it had calligraphy which I think is boring and a cliche setting of a new guy in town.
But after reading the first few chapters I realized that I enjoy this manga quite a lot since it has some very funny scenes and has a semi-original story/setting about how a guy who is good at what he does but not the best so he goes to some random place and finds inspiration.

Anyway the art is very read more
Mar 21, 2018
katsumeko (All reviews)
Barakamon is a slice-of-life style manga that has grown into its own from its creation a little over 9 years ago.

I love this manga in its simplicity, originality, light-heartedness, and the specialized passion within each of its characters.

While the bulk of this manga centers on Seishu Handa, a calligrapher trying to find his own way, there is adequate time to give every character around him depth and their own life besides their relationship with him. Every character is given a chance to grow and change in ways that I have seen other mangas push aside or assign to a single chapter.

Throughout the read more
Aug 11, 2016
Rio_ (All reviews)
This manga was serialization in gangan online and Yoshino Satsuki as author.Now this manga still airing at vol 14 on Japan.This manga also got an anime adaptation on summer 2014 and get high success in my opinion

The story is about young calligrapher Handa Seishu that punching old-famous calligrapher only because his critics on his calligraph.And his punishment is exiled to rural island named Goto Island.As someone who has never lived outside of a city,we can see how Handa adapt with rural island neigbours,different between city and rural lifestyle, etc.And that make it special is the manga are filled by heartwarming and some moral value besides read more