Hanakage no Kioku

Chapters: 6
Status: Finished
Published: Not available
Genres: DramaDrama, HistoricalHistorical, YaoiYaoi
Authors: Mieno, Saori (Story & Art)
Serialization: HertZ

Score: 7.211 (scored by 693693 users)
1 indicates a weighted score.
Ranked: N/A2
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Feb 25, 2011
Atikal (All reviews)
Hanakage no Kioku is the story of 2 childhood friends who love each other, but are of different social positions. Laurent, a young butler who loves plants and Arthur, the young nobleman. And then there's Ceral, Arthur's childhood classmate who has stumbled across the garden. Other than that, the name's and story are pretty confusing.
The manga is fast-paced with minor characters playing little to no-role that you don't even remember who is who. The art work is all right, it's a lot better than read more
May 24, 2011
cocoyam (All reviews)
Hanakage is a pretty decent love story as far as yaoi goes. There's not a whole lot of smut; rather, it focuses on the development of the relationship between their characters as they deal with their emotions and societal repercussions.

It's not that long and it isn't mindblowing, but it's about love and sacrifice and the complexity of emotions. Set in an older time and using a plot device of the gap between nobility and servants, the drama seems more sincere and less theatrical than in a lot of modern-day yaoi angst you see often. I say it's decent.

The art is very pretty, as well. Nice, read more
Nov 5, 2013
chasing99 (All reviews)
Hanakage no Kioku has one of the best plots I've seen in a manga, but I was slightly unsatisfied with the artwork. I just personally didn't enjoy the style the mangaka drew the characters-it was just my opinion. I think she could've done without all the unnecessary contours and such.
The story itself was beautiful. The characters' development was progressive and not drastic at all-very realistic. After all, the hero can't suddenly turn evil and the villain can't suddenly turn good, right?
I was really happy with it overall, but I just feel like the art wasn't good enough for the plot.