Edit Manga Information

Type: Manga
Volumes: Unknown
Chapters: Unknown
Status: Publishing
Published: Dec 6, 2007 to ?
Authors: Koyama, Chuuya (Story & Art)
Serialization: Morning

Score: 8.791 (scored by 2216 users)
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Jan 8, 2015
This is one of the few mangas that I can describe as perfect. It's realistic with little touch of very hard SF. There are no idiotic ideas about astronaut recruitment. There is hard work, brutality of life, death, and yet it's still light and funny.

This manga is must read for everyone for everyone who likes topics of space and space exploration.
Aug 22, 2013
I seriously did not think that I would rate 10 on all components.

Story: The storyline is realistic yet the author manages to inject so much twists and humour in it, making it absolutely enjoyable. It also helps that the manga introduces us to the world of space and I do feel slightly more knowledgeable after reading it! The manga is not draggy at all, and cliche is at its minimal.

Art: Not the kind that will make you go "Wow, so beautiful" or "Omg, he's such a bishie!" but I have to give credit to the consistency and dynamics.

Character: The main lead is so realistically read more
Jul 30, 2014
It's never too late to reach your dreams, that's what you can learn from this manga.
Uchuu Kyodai is one of the few mangas that can motivate my live, read this is more like reading graphic biography than reading manga.

The story tell us about an older brother named Nanba Mutta who want to become an astronout to follow his younger brother path, Nanba Hibito. I think the synopsis was enough to describe the main plot. The story develops every new characters are introduced but still focus on Mutta reaching his dream.

Like my word before, this is more like biography than manga because the characters more read more
Jan 14, 2015
“If you’re feeling like there’s nowhere you belong… That you’re trapped in a small world… It’s those feelings that drive us beyond our world.”

Space Brothers/Uchuu Kyoudai is a story about two brothers and their journey of becoming astronauts. Well, except the younger of the two, Hibito is already one, and the older brother, Mutta, starts off at square one.
The series follows Mutta as he struggles through test after test; the long, arduous road to becoming a fully-fledged astronaut. This is a realistic representation of what the journey is like, and the amount of detail gone into is to be commended. And although this technically read more
Oct 20, 2016
I may be overreacting if I would say that this is one of the most beautiful and funniest manga I've ever read.

The story takes longer than other mangas, but this what makes it the most beautiful. You will see the struggles of both brothers, and the other characters. It's very inspiring, in a way that it is light, you can read it anytime or best to read it in public because you will be captivated in the story and people surrounding you will not matter (tried it several times.) You will be absorbed and laughed in the story. Also, the decisions that each characters do read more