Edit Manga Information

Volumes: 12
Chapters: 50
Status: Finished
Published: May 2, 1996 to Jul 3, 2000
Authors: CLAMP (Story & Art)
Serialization: Nakayoshi

Score: 8.451 (scored by 23938 users)
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.
Favorites: 4,430

Jun 28, 2009
lalazoe (All reviews)
There is only one official word that comes to my mind when I think of Cardcaptor Sakura: Beautiful.
Everything about it is simply the epitome of beauty. The story, the characters, the art.
It's a CLAMP cult classic, and perhaps one of the most famous mangas ever written.

You think you know magical girl manga? Well, you haven't seen ANYTHING until you've read Cardcaptor Sakura. As far as your concerned, this is the ultimate magical girl manga. This is what inspired 100's of other artists to rip off the idea.
(Oh, and as I usually say, the Cardcaptor Sakura Manga is waaaay better than the anime. So read more
Aug 19, 2015
Zheng56 (All reviews)
The manga version of the CCS is slightly better than the anime, although I love both versions. CLAMP's artwork for CCS manga is the best in my opinion, the artwork is very fluid and cute looking without feeling saccharine.
Jun 21, 2010
Torii-chan (All reviews)
Cardcaptor Sakura is probably one of my favorite series of all time. The story is about a young girl who awakens a magical book that holds cards created by a magician. With the help of the books guardian, she and her friends collect the cards to save the world from a disaster.

Story 9/10: The story is well developed, Sakura evolves as the story progresses. Even though it's centered around an elementary aged protagonist, the flow of the story feels more adult-like.

Art 9/10: The characters are expressive, sincere and the scenery is detailed. CLAMP mangakas are very good at expressing the feelings of each read more
Aug 26, 2012
RoodyChan (All reviews)
One of the best shoujo manga ever!
it's got magic, sweet relationships (between kids, still so sweet) and even a little hint to yaoi. but that's fine.

it all goes about this young fourth-grade Sakura kinomoto, who finds in her house's basementa abook of cards which she unleashes with her powers and start her journey to gather them, when Kero chan, the guardian, tells her that only she can do so!

The type of illustration is so cute, especially Tomoyo's hand-made costumes for Sakura's battles against the card. It's just a warm, sweet manga, that you'd finish before you'd realize!
Sep 6, 2015
lesbiab (All reviews)
I loved this manga, even though I only read 3 volumes. (Well, one. It was the first 3 in one book. I picked it up in the library and I'm glad for it.) It's about a cute little girl, her friend, (I don't want to give away much of the story) her brother, his friend, and another boy. (Oh my god my brain is packed I can't remember their names.) BUTTT Here is a warning for some people.

This is not for homophobes. I don't really mind it at all, but if you are STRAIGHT AND ALL MUST BE STRAIGHT Go away. (Okay that was mean.) read more
Mar 27, 2010
minimiau (All reviews)
Well, finally I finished another CLAMP manga. This time I will make a review of Card captor Sakura, my first CLAMP series.

The story is about Sakura. She has to sealed all Clow Cards. The story is better than anime: there is only a few cards and not a lot than in the anime. Meilin doesnt exist in the manga and is more exciting.

The art is impresive. I like it very much. Sakura CC has the best art of all CLAMP series, but not better than magic knight Rayearth. For me thise mangas have the best art, but The review is about Sakura not Magic Knight.

I read more
Aug 19, 2015
John_Parker (All reviews)
Overall, a great magical girl series from Clamp. The story is above good, and has a nice balance between action and romance. Outstanding Characters; each of them play a vital role to progress the story and have unique personalities. Clamp has worked real hard to create CCS, as the quality of artwork is outstanding!

By general, every readers would praise Sakura's sweet Character/Personality, which simply leaves this series enjoyable to any age group.

Jul 28, 2018
_WeebWolf_ (All reviews)
This is an amazing and classic manga that is great for all ages.

Story: The story makes sense, but is a little cheesy. (Not too much.) It is usaully pretty interesting and enjoyable.

Art: The story has detailed and beautiful art. Every single little detail has so much effort put into it. Some anime from it's time looks slap-dash, almost like a story board.

Characters: Each character has so much depth and thought put into them, even the minor characters.

This is a great introduction to Shojo (Magical girl) manga. (To be honest, that's how I got into Shojo.) I have enjoyed it and can't wait to start read more
Jun 16, 2019
SchylerAM (All reviews)
Sakura Cardcaptor's manga is basically the same anime story told in a somewhat different way. Unlike its animated counterpart, it lacks filler, goes to the point, develops more quickly and explains certain details that the production of the anime decided to discard or modify. Here we have 19 Clow cards as opposed to the 52 of the anime; Meilin does not exist here either.

As such, this work have strengths and weaknesses very similar to those found in the anime. Its true strong point are its characters. Sympathetic, adorable, human, through them are explored the different types of affections that can arise in human experience: love read more
Dec 27, 2015
usernome (All reviews)
I really liked this manga. The artwork is pretty good, characters are generally well-developed, Sakura is a great main character and the story is good, even though after the 6th volume it kind of plays for time but it's still pretty enjoyable to read.

The development of the romantic subplot between Sakura and Syaoran is a bit far-fetched, I don't like them as a couple, but there's something that bothers me much more than their relationship: there are a lot of pedophile relationships, which is really, really disgusting and creepy. I counted 4 established pedo-couples, but I might be forgeting some. All of those relationships are, read more