Edit Manga Information

Chapters: 4
Status: Finished
Published: Jan 12, 2016 to Mar 12, 2016
Genres: Horror, Seinen
Authors: Lovecraft, H. P. (Story), Tanabe, Gou (Story & Art)
Serialization: Comic Beam

Score: 7.361 (scored by 349 users)
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.
Members: 859

Jan 21, 2018
Sairi_Ss (All reviews)
Ok, so I might be biased in regards to this review (it even is my first one here on MAL), as I absolutely love Lovecraft and this story--The Haunter of the Dark-- was the first one I read. But alas, bear with me. Also, it can't be a fully-fledged review as these stories barely have any characterization or "meat" for that matter, but it's other things that make it great.

Story - 9
As for the story, it's a fairly simple one. It tells the tale of Robert Blake, more specifically-- his death at the hands of his own curiosity. His wanting of knowledge of the dark read more
Dec 1, 2019
Saladlegs (All reviews)
This manga just feels pointless, no reason for its existence.

Adapting H.P Lovecraft's final work, "The Haunter of the Dark" the manga isn't very long, consisting of four short 35~ page chapters. (It also puts one chapter towards "Dagon")

The art in the manga fits the story, realistic and grim, perhaps a little scratchy, there's not much to say about it.

The main character's motivation is a lustful curiosity for the unknown, which seems to be a common thread in these types of stories. Perhaps his motivation was expanded upon in the original story.

Cosmic horror, the fear of the unknown, of course, thrives in the unknown, using the read more