Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2008 2:59 PM

Mar 2008
the ending was excatly what i was expecting. i mean if u live with 5 women who isn't related to you by blood, u will fall in love eventually. no matter how much the age difference is, if u face a person like 24/7, how can u not fall in love?? this last episode just turn from a comedy into a serious romance and ending happy lesson for good.
Nov 27, 2009 7:46 PM

Nov 2008
I didn't expect that. When I saw that change of actitud in the mamas it was like WTF
Mar 28, 2010 11:31 PM

Jan 2010
I personally liked the episode, I think the turn of events was a bit abrupt but considering they had 3 episodes to give the backstory and make it happen that's rather forgivable.

I personally don't get the degree of hate the Mutsuki x Chitose pairing gets, notwithstanding all the subtle hints dropped, it was still obvious by the 2nd season that Fumitsuki x Chitose was not going to happen.

In all reality, with the way they act, there's no way he could have considered them his actual "mother" to begin with. An older sister/cousin figure, at best, but more like mentor figures in all honesty Thus that gets rid of a lot of the squick involved.

2nd off, the oldest Mutsuki can be is 25, if you recall correctly:
* Nagatsuki was 6 when she met her 10 years ago.
* Mutsuki confirms that she was in MIDDLE SCHOOL, when this occurred
* Japanese middle school entails ages 12-15

Tag on 10 years and the oldest she could possibly be at the time of the series is 25, quite possibly as young as 22. Chitose is a 2nd year high school student thus he's likely 16-17.
A 5 to 8 year age difference certainly isn't that unusual among mature couples (No, I do not condone high schoolers going after 6th graders...). Certainly there are married couples with far larger age differences irl =.
Jul 19, 2010 6:52 PM

May 2009
I'm going to pretend this OVA never happened and go with Happy Lesson Advance's ending.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Oct 13, 2010 9:35 PM

Jun 2008
Malware said:
I'm going to pretend this OVA never happened and go with Happy Lesson Advance's ending.

Ditto
Too Much ANIME......Not enough LIFETIME!!!!!!
Feb 13, 2011 11:11 AM
Dec 2010
I wanna another sequel about 5 girlfriends and teacher at the same time !! :D
Theres still potential in situation either serious (getting discovered) or funny (what r u two doing here ? ehm .. coincidence u know ehmm gt go !! hehe )
It'll probably never happen haha but u never know :P

i liked this ending. I little expected it from beginning, since u know all of them were funny characters but Mutsuki was that type of "perfect-to-be-wife" girl which naturally belongs to any romantic relationships with main characters of any kind of romance anime in my opinion ... I like it that way most :)
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Apr 23, 2013 9:11 PM

Nov 2012
Well i didn't expect this ending at all but hell it was okay and believe able.
Oct 23, 2013 11:12 AM

Feb 2013
The ending was abrupt and unexpected for me.
Jun 5, 2014 4:48 PM

Oct 2013
lmao that ending >.> wth
[/quote]
Aug 11, 2014 6:51 PM

Jun 2014
good but kinda awkward, im actually expecting this kind of ending
for pairing Mutsuki>Nagatsuki>Fumitsuki
Apr 26, 2017 4:03 AM
Dec 2015
Mutsuki FTW!! It feels so good when your best girl wins, and worst girl gets drowned in salt. That's how I feel after watching this. It was a good run overall. It was entertaining and mind-opening? Surely, love comes in different age and occupation? lol

10/10 for me since it went according to what I wanted.
Oct 12, 2017 7:19 AM

Mar 2016
If I had to I could accept the Mutsuki ending (if they developed it in Advance and not just over two episodes), but it was the idea that all of the moms changed their attitude that was so ridiculous. Like others have said, it just shits all over the point of the franchise. "He doesn't need a teacher or a mother.." give me a break. Not like he deserved any of it either.
Jan 25, 2018 4:16 AM

Sep 2012
cr1msonambience said:
I personally liked the episode, I think the turn of events was a bit abrupt but considering they had 3 episodes to give the backstory and make it happen that's rather forgivable.

I personally don't get the degree of hate the Mutsuki x Chitose pairing gets, notwithstanding all the subtle hints dropped, it was still obvious by the 2nd season that Fumitsuki x Chitose was not going to happen.

In all reality, with the way they act, there's no way he could have considered them his actual "mother" to begin with. An older sister/cousin figure, at best, but more like mentor figures in all honesty Thus that gets rid of a lot of the squick involved.

2nd off, the oldest Mutsuki can be is 25, if you recall correctly:
* Nagatsuki was 6 when she met her 10 years ago.
* Mutsuki confirms that she was in MIDDLE SCHOOL, when this occurred
* Japanese middle school entails ages 12-15

Tag on 10 years and the oldest she could possibly be at the time of the series is 25, quite possibly as young as 22. Chitose is a 2nd year high school student thus he's likely 16-17.
A 5 to 8 year age difference certainly isn't that unusual among mature couples (No, I do not condone high schoolers going after 6th graders...). Certainly there are married couples with far larger age differences irl =.

i agree

some ppl say even it was sudden how come it became harem, but it was obvious that all of them love him that way, they were surprised by the harem that in their eyes they suddenly became interested in him & i was surprised there there are blind ppl here watching this anime :D

U said:
Certainly there are married couples with far larger age differences irl

ME: i have good example for u, 30 years old guy married to 80year old grandma (new that's crazy lol)

syncrogazer said:
If I had to I could accept the Mutsuki ending (if they developed it in Advance and not just over two episodes), but it was the idea that all of the moms changed their attitude that was so ridiculous. Like others have said, it just shits all over the point of the franchise. "He doesn't need a teacher or a mother.." give me a break. Not like he deserved any of it either.
Nano1124 said:
The ending was abrupt and unexpected for me.

they never felt like hes mothers, they just tried to be ones, & the change wasn't sudden all of the kept this feelings inside them for long time, seeing how they acted was clear how they really feel about him (sins S1), & sins S1 it was clear they (all) are falling for him, i have seen a lot blind ppl when it comes to romance anime's who start to say WTF this was so sudden, ofc it was sudden if u don't pay attention & if u don't understand human emotion that sometimes ppl keep their feelings secret for long time & sometimes they don't realize their feeling until later on

& cr1msonambience also explained it quite well

some ppl say even it was sudden how come it became harem, but it was obvious that all of them love him that way, they were surprised by the harem that in their eyes they suddenly became interested in him & i was surprised there there are blind ppl here watching this anime :D

it was so obvious it will end this way
Sugram22Jan 25, 2018 7:30 AM
Jan 25, 2018 7:05 AM

Mar 2016
Sugram22 said:
if u don't understand human emotion that sometime ppl keep their feelings secret for long time & sometimes they don't realize their feeling until later on

You're only inferring this. I'll stand by my statement, the teacher-mothers acted like mothers to him throughout the series.
Jan 25, 2018 7:26 AM

Sep 2012
syncrogazer said:
Sugram22 said:
if u don't understand human emotion that sometime ppl keep their feelings secret for long time & sometimes they don't realize their feeling until later on

You're only inferring this. I'll stand by my statement, the teacher-mothers acted like mothers to him throughout the series.

cause they tried to be, but they didn't always acted like mothers i so clips of love at times here & there, & most of the time it went bit beyond motherly example what mother wrestle's with her 16-17 year old son? its beyond strange & also as i said sometimes ppl keep their feelings secret for long time & sometimes they don't realize their feeling until later on

but fine if u want to remain blind do it, not my problem, not gonna argue about it, but i so it in a mile away that ending & that they all have romantic feelings for him, sins EP1 i knew they end up falling for him & mid season or near end i knew how they feel about him
Sugram22Jan 25, 2018 7:31 AM
Jan 25, 2018 7:31 AM

Mar 2016
Sugram22 said:
what mother wrestle's with her 16-17 year old son?

It's a comedy anime.
Jan 25, 2018 7:36 AM

Mar 2016
Sugram22 said:
but fine if u want to remain blind do it

I think you're misunderstanding. It's a harem anime, so yes it isn't hard to guess what will happen. It's whether I can accept it as a development because they never showed it. Knowing the end, it's easy to go switch affection for love . It's nothing about being blind.
Jan 25, 2018 7:39 AM

Sep 2012
syncrogazer said:
Sugram22 said:
what mother wrestle's with her 16-17 year old son?

It's a comedy anime.

one thing more

Mutsuki was in less of a surprise & more obvious, so she bestially won but other just don't want be be left out :D, so its half win, at least ppl can sy Mutsuki is hes favorite cause he chose her

the slow romance development between him & Mutsuki was so obvious its not even funny lol

syncrogazer said:
Sugram22 said:
but fine if u want to remain blind do it

I think you're misunderstanding. It's a harem anime, so yes it isn't hard to guess what will happen. It's whether I can accept it as a development because they never showed it. Knowing the end, it's easy to go switch affection for love . It's nothing about being blind.

i get it :)

i guess u can say it was bit bad writing then if they made it seem it in a way it seems to u to u & a lot of ppl
Sugram22Jan 25, 2018 7:54 AM
Mar 26, 2019 9:27 PM

Jan 2013
eh main girl powers even with the "harem ending" to cover it up. i prefer first season's ending before Kanna botched it up...at least then Chitose wouldnt (or at least we wouldnt know) act like as much of a bigger punk afterwards

so basically this:
Malware said:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happy☆Lesson: The Final Episode 2 Discussion

bloodiemonster - Jun 5, 2014

1 by dannymilk »»
Mar 26, 2019 8:29 PM

Poll: » Happy☆Lesson: The Final Episode 1 Discussion

bloodiemonster - Jun 5, 2014

1 by dannymilk »»
Mar 24, 2019 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.