Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 17, 1:22 PM

May 2019
It's been months now that Frieren has had such a high score. It ruins the ratings of this site to allow people to just bot whatever scores they want. Do the admins intend on doing anything?
White-The-NightJun 17, 3:24 PM
"Equivalent exchange. I'll give half of my life to you, if you give half of your life to me."
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 1:27 PM

Sep 2016
lol, believe it or not: bot scores are excluded from the mean score calculation.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 17, 1:28 PM
Mar 2024
baits used to be believable
Jun 17, 1:31 PM
Dec 2021
you're not gonna believe this...
Jun 17, 1:32 PM
Jun 2023
Oh no people rated the show highly, we should do something about it because I don’t believe this is possible
Jun 17, 1:35 PM
Sep 2022
crazy stuff , imagine rating a anime for top position because it's so good
Jun 17, 1:35 PM
Jun 2020
You can't fix what isn't broken.
Jun 17, 1:37 PM
Sep 2019
when will everybody just start thinking and acting the way I want them to?
Jun 17, 1:41 PM

Aug 2014
When are people going to fix their clearly damaged heads?
Jun 17, 1:42 PM
Oct 2020
the FMAB fanboi is jealous of the frieren.
frieren is high because they fixed the rating during the Fruits basket Final mass 1 vote incident which crushed mal.
Jun 17, 1:43 PM
Nov 2022
White-The-Night said:
It's been months now that Frieren has had such a high score. It ruins the ratings of this site to allow people to just bot whatever scores they want. Do the admins intend on doing anything?

Hmm, considering they just did a bot purge like 2 weeks ago may want to reconsider your statement 😂
Jun 17, 1:46 PM
Aug 2021
It’s official: if White-the-Night disagrees with a score, it must be botted!!!

Pack it up guys; our taste is inferior and our opinions are wrong.
Jun 17, 1:47 PM
Nov 2023
Have a little respect, OP actually scored Frieren 8 not the usual 1, so I don’t quite understand why the post in the first place?
But a large number of us gave a perfect 10, it’s just statistics…
Jun 17, 1:49 PM

May 2019
If you genuinely believe that Frieren should have the highest score lead in this sites history, then you're biased. Nowhere outside of this platform is Frieren even considered a contender for the best anime.
"Equivalent exchange. I'll give half of my life to you, if you give half of your life to me."
Jun 17, 1:51 PM
Feb 2021
White-The-Night said:

Bro idk which type of sousou no frieren u have been watching but this anime is an 11/10
Jun 17, 1:51 PM
May 2022
They have been removing bots recently so clearly the score isn’t botted
Jun 17, 1:54 PM
Nov 2016
White-The-Night said:
If you genuinely believe that Frieren should have the highest score lead in this sites history, then you're biased. Nowhere outside of this platform is Frieren even considered a contender for the best anime.

Have you ever considered that the users of this site create a specific demographic where the score is accurate?
Jun 17, 1:55 PM

Sep 2018
Scores fluctuate with time and recency bias will flush the mal top 100 every few years.
Jun 17, 1:59 PM

Jul 2022
White-The-Night said:

Search again, it's not only on Myanimelist, many of the most famous anime websites have Frieren on top.
Jun 17, 2:01 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to White-The-Night
White-The-Night said:
Nowhere outside of this platform is Frieren even considered a contender for the best anime.

Either troll or living under a rock: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2163184
Jun 17, 2:02 PM

May 2019
Reply to rohan121
Scores fluctuate with time and recency bias will flush the mal top 100 every few years.
@rohan121 This is a pretty abnormal example of this though. We occasionaly get high 8/10 to 9/10s but this show has an unprecedented lead over second place.
Jun 17, 2:04 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to White-The-Night
@White-The-Night https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2163184
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jun 17, 2:08 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to White-The-Night
@White-The-Night holy cope, there a shit ton of websites where frieren is at top spot, and about the bias, how can i be biased if i was a fan when i liked it before anime was even announced? Your conclusions sound like they are made by a 10 year old throwing a tantrum over cartoons. Didnt even bother to check other websites and yet made so many conclusions not only about the website, but also people who likes the show
Jun 17, 2:09 PM
Feb 2023
you should be posting this in the fullmetal alchemist forum
Jun 17, 2:13 PM

Sep 2020
Just gonna say this before this post gets locked. Go cry in your pillow. Frieren is supreme.

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Jun 17, 2:16 PM

May 2019
The only anime rating website with a high enough userbase to have acurate ratings to that of the general anime watcher is MAL. Sites with less than 5000 ratings don't mean a thing. My argument is based on other anime realted online forum websites.
Jun 17, 2:18 PM
Nov 2022
White-The-Night said:
The only anime rating website with a high enough userbase to have acurate ratings to that of the general anime watcher is MAL. Sites with less than 5000 ratings don't mean a thing. My argument is based on other anime realted online forum websites.

Yeah that’s a terrible take no matter how you look at it.
Jun 17, 2:18 PM

Sep 2017
Reply to White-The-Night
@rohan121 This is a pretty abnormal example of this though. We occasionaly get high 8/10 to 9/10s but this show has an unprecedented lead over second place.
@White-The-Night Berserk has almost 9.5, is it botted too?
Jun 17, 2:19 PM

May 2019
Reply to samsince04
Just gonna say this before this post gets locked. Go cry in your pillow. Frieren is supreme.
@samsince04 I've simply asked a question. I've not attacked the quality of the show or it's fanbase. Yet every reply I've gotten is from an upset frieren fan. Hence why this is the show with a fanbase that would be mass botting.
Jun 17, 2:21 PM

May 2019
Reply to BaronBrixius
@White-The-Night Berserk has almost 9.5, is it botted too?
@BaronBrixius This site is not called my Manga list. Manga ratings have never been consistent with anime ratings on this site. And yes, just not nearly as much as anime do.
Jun 17, 2:25 PM
Aug 2021
White-The-Night said:
@samsince04 I've simply asked a question. I've not attacked the quality of the show or it's fanbase. Yet every reply I've gotten is from an upset frieren fan. Hence why this is the show with a fanbase that would be mass botting.

well, show us your evidence
Jun 17, 2:26 PM

Sep 2017
Reply to White-The-Night
@BaronBrixius This site is not called my Manga list. Manga ratings have never been consistent with anime ratings on this site. And yes, just not nearly as much as anime do.
@White-The-Night Well, I don't think anything's going to convince you the way you've been so adamant this far, but if you really want you can look at the latest 100 or so ratings in the stats column of the show and average them. Look at each account and remove the ones you think are bots if you want. You'll see that it's pretty consistent with the average.

I only have people who watched a significant amount of anime on my friends list, and excluding myself, 18 out of 27 people who watched Frieren have given it a 10/10. The others are all 8s and 9s. The average is 9.59.

It's just that good, face it. It's not my favorite anime of all time either, but it's the one show that's in almost everyone's top 5% or so.
Jun 17, 2:41 PM
Mar 2021
If you think Frieren's MAL rating is too high because second place is so much lower, you should hold the same opinion about Berserk's manga rating right?
Jun 17, 2:49 PM
Dec 2020
you gave it an 8. why are you complaining?
Jun 17, 3:01 PM
Mar 2023
White-The-Night said:

The whole point is what the best anime is to YOU. If it’s a 10 for most people on THIS site then so be it. It ain’t my #1 fav anime and it ain’t the best over all to others but who cares? Such is life.
Jun 17, 3:02 PM
Feb 2023
Even those who believe the Frieren anime is overhyped tend to rate it no lower than 8 out of 10. This suggests that the show is widely appreciated. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and vote accordingly. It’s clear that the anime has earned its place as one of the highest-rated series due to its exceptional quality. (And no, not only in MAL is it in first place.)
Jun 17, 3:09 PM

Apr 2021
The entire rating system has been busted in my opinion
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jun 17, 3:19 PM
Oct 2021
Dammit he knows! The time has come for us to take our leave. Auto-Bots, roll out!
Jun 17, 3:21 PM

May 2019
Reply to CrimsonPunk01
White-The-Night said:

The whole point is what the best anime is to YOU. If it’s a 10 for most people on THIS site then so be it. It ain’t my #1 fav anime and it ain’t the best over all to others but who cares? Such is life.
@CrimsonPunk01 But the score is botted, which ruins the point of the site.
Jun 17, 3:22 PM
Sep 2021
when the recency bias goes away, it took months for kaguya season 3 to leave the number 1 spot
Jun 17, 3:24 PM
Apr 2023
Okeanix secret account
Jun 17, 3:25 PM
Mar 2014
the point of the site is for people t 9keep track of thier own personal anime watch lists, the average ratings are going to be all over the place regardless since users can and will rate things by different metrics amd scaling systems. The top ratings kust give a general idea of what is popular right now and have never and will never be the end all be all of what anime is superior to another.
Jun 17, 3:27 PM
Jan 2013
Reply to White-The-Night
@White-The-Night Let's say some anime other than Frieren achieved the same success. It came out of nowhere, was widely considered better than 2nd place (Frieren or FMA), the majority of watchers rated it 10/10, then it stayed that way for a year. Would this be considered recency bias or could the show actually be... good?

You could be part of the people of the 95% of people that like it, but the remaining 5% will posts threads exactly like this one. "When are they clearly going to fix the clearly botted score? My {insert anecdotal experience here} clearly contrasts with the opinion on this rating website, so it must be botted/wrong." You can see there's never going to be a winner in this argument. The majority of people who like the show will understand why it's rank #1, the minority will always complain and say that the majority is biased/stupid/wrong.
Jun 17, 3:30 PM

Nov 2021
Why do Re:Zero fans always scream and cry about Frieren's success?
Jun 17, 3:30 PM

Jul 2021
White-The-Night said:
@CrimsonPunk01 But the score is botted, which ruins the point of the site.

how do you know that? what evidence do you have?

You're not saying that the score is skewed because it doesn't have as many members as the other big 10, and that as more people watch and add it to their list, the score will go down. That would be plausible but instead you just seem to be in denial. Why even care so much?
Jun 17, 3:33 PM

May 2019
Reply to Mizuwa
@White-The-Night Let's say some anime other than Frieren achieved the same success. It came out of nowhere, was widely considered better than 2nd place (Frieren or FMA), the majority of watchers rated it 10/10, then it stayed that way for a year. Would this be considered recency bias or could the show actually be... good?

You could be part of the people of the 95% of people that like it, but the remaining 5% will posts threads exactly like this one. "When are they clearly going to fix the clearly botted score? My {insert anecdotal experience here} clearly contrasts with the opinion on this rating website, so it must be botted/wrong." You can see there's never going to be a winner in this argument. The majority of people who like the show will understand why it's rank #1, the minority will always complain and say that the majority is biased/stupid/wrong.
@Mizuwa It is not ranked number 1 on the site, it is ranked number 1 by a larger margin than any show on this site ever, and has been for a while. If my favorite show was ranked number 1 by that amount, I would say that it has a botted score.

There is no show or movie that would be ranked in first place by this large a margin without bots.
Jun 17, 3:33 PM
Mar 2014
also if it is ruins the whole point of the site and matters so much, then why does thier mobile app not even have a link to this list.
Jun 17, 3:37 PM
Sep 2023
Saynarra said:
Okeanix secret account

Best comment so far
Jun 17, 3:37 PM

Jul 2021
op has a point icl
This show gained like 170k+ members since it finished airing, and the score only dropped by 0.02 it's a bit strange
Jun 17, 3:44 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Cestlavie_
op has a point icl
This show gained like 170k+ members since it finished airing, and the score only dropped by 0.02 it's a bit strange
@Cestlavie_ Nothing strange, it simply means that new watchers mostly agree with the previously established score, so it doesn't change much.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does Sense not make sense to anyone else?

SoulessAnime - Yesterday

23 by TransferUser »»
5 minutes ago

» Is this your fav anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Ghost_Davo - Sep 22

146 by LegnaronG17 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

305 by Seygneur »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » thankyou, frieren. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Aug 12

50 by removed-user »»
Yesterday, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

345 by subahokke »»
Sep 25, 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.