Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Hametsu no Oukoku' Gets TV Anime in 2023

New
Feb 1, 2023 6:25 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Publisher Mag Garden opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of yoruhashi's Hametsu no Oukoku (The Kingdoms of Ruin) manga on Wednesday. The website also revealed the main cast, staff, and a key visual (pictured). The anime is scheduled to premiere in 2023.

Kaito Ishikawa (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari) and Azumi Waki (Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu) are starring as Adonis and Doroka, respectively.

Staff
Director: Keitarou Motonaga (Date A Live, Conception)
Series Composition: Takamitsu Kouno (Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja, Absolute Duo)
Character Design: Hiromi Katou (Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu, Guilty Crown)
Music: Miki Sakurai (Akuyaku Reijou nano de Last Boss wo Kattemimashita), Shuu Kanematsu (Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta...), Hanae Nakamura (5-toubun no Hanayome)
Studio: Yokohama Animation Lab

Yoruhashi began serializing the adventure fantasy manga in Comic Garden magazine in April 2019. Mag Garden shipped the seventh volume on September 9.

Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the manga in English in April 2020 and released the fifth volume on December 20, with the sixth volume scheduled to ship on March 16.

Synopsis
For ages, humanity flourished through the power of magic, a gift from witches to aid mankind. But times have changed. The scientific Gear Expansion has made both magic and witches obsolete. In order to liberate humanity from the blight of magic, the mighty Redia Empire began a ruthless hunt to exterminate all witches. Adonis was only a boy when the hunt began, apprentice to a witch he dearly loved. When she perishes at the hands of the empire, Adonis vows revenge. By this furious wizard's power, blood will flow! (Source: Seven Seas Entertainment)

Official site: https://hametsu-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @hametsu_anime

Source: animate Times

Hametsu no Oukoku on MAL
cyruzFeb 2, 2023 1:42 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 1, 2023 6:26 AM
Apr 2022
This looks and sounds interesting, definitely gonna be watching this when it comes out
Feb 1, 2023 6:42 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Sign me the fuck up for this, I'm all in for revenge stories like this lol, LET THERE BE BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 1, 2023 6:51 AM

Feb 2012
As our own history says the witch trials and hunts were always right so in this fictional take the empire is also right in exterminating witches. Gonna be watching for sure.
Feb 1, 2023 6:56 AM
Nov 2020
I am soo excited for this one the covers of the manga always caught my attention so can't wait to watch this (,,>.<,,)
Feb 1, 2023 6:57 AM

Sep 2020
I heard that this one gonna showcase lots of violence and it's gore asf.
Feb 1, 2023 7:04 AM

Jun 2021
Ohohohooho mates, I was waiting for this!
I literarily added this to my waiting for adaptation list last week, and here I'm reading its announcement.

Never heard about the studio, but pic looks great visually.

For those who never read the source, this has a lot of gore and disturbing moments, beware.
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Feb 1, 2023 8:29 AM

Feb 2021
Good news! I like this premise! Only hope that they can show all the gore and violence from the manga. If they censor them in TV releases, I am sure that they show all of them on Blu-ray discs.
MemoreFeb 1, 2023 9:35 AM
Feb 1, 2023 10:28 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This looks interesting so I'm going to watch this one.

Bard_Eren said:
I literarily added this to my waiting for adaptation list last week, and here I'm reading its announcement.

For those who never read the source, this has a lot of gore and disturbing moments, beware.
Yokohama Animation Lab is the same studio that did Miru Tights and Tawawa on Monday Season 2 just to name a few.
Feb 1, 2023 11:12 AM

Jun 2021
AddaeAkono said:
This looks interesting so I'm going to watch this one.

Bard_Eren said:

Yokohama Animation Lab is the same studio that did Miru Tights and Tawawa on Monday Season 2 just to name a few.

I didn't watch either of them, that's why I don't know the studio's capability to adapt this.
I don't expect much, just a decent or good adaptation would be enough for me.
Thanks for the heads-up though đź‘Ť
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Feb 1, 2023 11:42 AM

Mar 2014
This looks good, I'm so looking forward to it
Feb 1, 2023 1:27 PM

Feb 2019
Ramkec said:
As our own history says the witch trials and hunts were always right so in this fictional take the empire is also right in exterminating witches. Gonna be watching for sure.
What? Outside of perhaps some weird Amish communities, everyone nowadays is fairly certain that the witch trails were not that good an idea.

At any rate, I don't see the connection there. The poster clearly shows this has nothing to do with the real world we're familiar with.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Feb 1, 2023 1:40 PM

Feb 2021
O_T_T said:
Ramkec said:
What? Outside of perhaps some weird Amish communities, everyone nowadays is fairly certain that the witch trails were not that good an idea.

At any rate, I don't see the connection there. The poster clearly shows this has nothing to do with the real world we're familiar with.

Yes, it was absurd actions from the Church in the Middle Age, I agree.
Feb 1, 2023 4:03 PM

Mar 2015
Memores said:
O_T_T said:

this is also common misconception. while it is true some regional church authority exploit witch scare to expand their influence, the Papacy it self see witchcraft as superstitions that didn't exist. you can't punish people for crime that didn't exist. punishing people for witchcraft would mean admitting their existence which is big no no. hence why most witchcraft case that actually went to church trials, very few of them prosecuted, and the one that did prosecuted usually not for witchcraft, but heresy. so they are not punished for actually doing witch stuff, but possession of heretical books or preaching heretical ideas.  so most actual witch hunt done by mob mass hysteria or local authority, not from The Church. 
KumaFeb 1, 2023 4:07 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 1, 2023 8:18 PM

Feb 2021
Kuma said:
Memores said:

this is also common misconception. while it is true some regional church authority exploit witch scare to expand their influence, the Papacy it self see witchcraft as superstitions that didn't exist. you can't punish people for crime that didn't exist. punishing people for witchcraft would mean admitting their existence which is big no no. hence why most witchcraft case that actually went to church trials, very few of them prosecuted, and the one that did prosecuted usually not for witchcraft, but heresy. so they are not punished for actually doing witch stuff, but possession of heretical books or preaching heretical ideas.  so most actual witch hunt done by mob mass hysteria or local authority, not from The Church. 

Yes, I agree, from them also.
Feb 1, 2023 10:25 PM

Mar 2019
The main character being called Adonis doesn't seem like a good sing for quality. Doesn't really seem like the most creative story of all time, with "handsome young man x#" over here. The apparent inclusion of gore doesn't seem like a sign for nuance either. 

Why the quill? and why are there so many feathers, are those the backup quills? Why isn't the main character wearing shoes, do the characters in this universe not need shoes? 
Feb 1, 2023 11:01 PM

Jul 2021
something really gore and shit about to happen or what
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 2, 2023 12:47 AM

Jul 2015
CQLLIST said:
Manga seem to have a plenty of gore and quite a lot of it directed at women because of the premise. I can already picture Twitter crying mysogyny.
Honestly, it gives me serious Akame ga Kill vibes for some reason.

Feb 2, 2023 1:15 AM

Feb 2021
CQLLIST said:

It seems so.
Kumiveneella said:
The main character being called Adonis doesn't seem like a good sing for quality. Doesn't really seem like the most creative story of all time, with "handsome young man x#" over here. The apparent inclusion of gore doesn't seem like a sign for nuance either. 

Why the quill? and why are there so many feathers, are those the backup quills? Why isn't the main character wearing shoes, do the characters in this universe not need shoes? 

I like his name. Maybe he wears shoes, who knows.
Piromysl said:
CQLLIST said:
Manga seem to have a plenty of gore and quite a lot of it directed at women because of the premise. I can already picture Twitter crying mysogyny.
Honestly, it gives me serious Akame ga Kill vibes for some reason.

It is fine. I like such themes. Finally something good will air instead of routine and monotonous idols, harems and romcoms.
MemoreFeb 2, 2023 2:06 AM
Feb 2, 2023 6:49 AM

Feb 2012
O_T_T said:
Ramkec said:

Nice try witch but it won't work on me.
Feb 2, 2023 12:54 PM

Oct 2017
That's an interesting looking KV.
Feb 17, 2023 1:21 PM

Jul 2019
Synopsis is very attractive, we will wait for more details and PV'S

Apaixonado por jogos e animes.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

94 by Noy_Rican »»
6 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 7 hours ago

12 by Hoppy »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
10 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.