Forum Settings
Forums

What's an opinion that will get anime fans looking at you like ↓↓↓↓↓↓

New
Jan 24, 2023 7:14 AM

Sep 2020
Reveal your deepest darkest unpopular opinion, GO!

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 24, 2023 8:17 AM

May 2019
Saying that berserk is meh will surely get anime fans riled up.
(i don't personally believe that's the case but daring to criticize classic anime or manga will surely attract negative looks from some anime fans)
Jan 24, 2023 8:31 AM
Aug 2021
Ex-Arm’s best anime ever and a masterpiece
Jan 24, 2023 8:40 AM

Jul 2021
mob psycho season 3 was the weakest season. i have no idea how people are liking it so much. it doesn't deserve the 8ish rating it's got. it's 7.5 at best.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 24, 2023 8:45 AM

Mar 2020
Every word I said on MAL forums was backed by that reaction.

like how AOT is unironically terrible, One Piece is prime example of mediocrity, Ufotable’s animation is dull and boring, Studio Wit is overrated as fuck, Jojo is the epitome of terrible writing covered up by the most unfunny “comedy” in history and Steel Ball Run is easily one of the worst manga ever written, and so on….

You know? Hard to swallow pills like that.
Jan 24, 2023 9:01 AM

Feb 2020
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes: Alternative and TD are better than the main series.
Jan 24, 2023 9:03 AM

Aug 2016
Ice age deserved an Oscar for best animated film.
:v
Jan 24, 2023 9:12 AM

Aug 2021
I didn't like Berserk and in my mere opinion, I found it boring.

JoJo has many plot holes.

In my mere opinion the ending of Shingeki no Kyojin was good.

The animation of the second season of One Punch Man is good in my opinion.

Ecchi anime manage to have stronger and braver women than shoujo.

Jan 24, 2023 9:13 AM

Aug 2020
MichaelJackson said:
Ice age deserved an Oscar for best animated film.

Hi just quoting you here since your comment is locked. What are your impressions on Eden no Ori? The conclusion specifically. I saw your account a while ago and noticed it in your favs

Jan 24, 2023 9:13 AM
Jan 2021
Berserk is mid after the golden age arc, guts isn't a very well written character after the golden age arc, the side characters of berserk besides griffith, casca and maybe farnese are mid
Jan 24, 2023 9:14 AM

Aug 2020
Fullmetal Alchemist isn't worthy of being called a masterpiece.

Jan 24, 2023 9:26 AM

Sep 2014
That's exactly how I look down on people who give 10/10 to Kill la Kill.
Jan 24, 2023 9:50 AM
Jan 2023
Monster is not that great
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is Mid
Hunter Hunter is not peak Shonen
Jormungand is better than Black Lagoon
Lucky Star is better than Haruhi 
JoJo part 5 anime is better than the manga
Anime is just cartoons 
Jan 24, 2023 9:52 AM

May 2019
Absurdo_N said:
Ecchi anime manage to have stronger and braver women than shoujo.
Absolutely agreed, that's why Queen's Blade will always be better than Sailor Moon.
Jan 24, 2023 9:53 AM

Mar 2021
Bleach is utterly dogshit. Mfs just see some dumb essays here&there from imbeciles and start thinking the panels have 5-layers of meanings behind them and kubo is some god of storytelling

Tenshi no tamago is mediocre at best. It doesn't do a good job in terms of visual storytelling

Yuru camp is better than bocchi the rock by a mile unfortunately

Mod edit: removed insult
ZedlinJan 25, 2023 2:52 PM
Jan 24, 2023 9:54 AM
Nov 2019
Not sure if I can elicit such a reaction, but I'll give it a shot:
86 (especially Part 2) is bad.
Jan 24, 2023 10:02 AM
Fate heaven feels trilogy is just awful 
Jan 24, 2023 10:12 AM
"Oasis"

May 2022
I don't think I'll catch flak for this, but girls in Yuri are useless and don't know what they want. Yaoi on the other hand... those guys... they get what they want, fast.
Jan 24, 2023 10:15 AM

Jan 2021
Fate/Zero, Steel Ball Run, Monster and Cowboy Bebop are absolute shit. I also got some reactions from saying that for Chainsaw Man but I don't think that is an unpopular opinion.
Jan 24, 2023 10:16 AM

Jan 2021
Fluffygreygrass said:
Fate heaven feels trilogy is just awful 

I don't know how that isn't a popular opinion, they are awful, only good thing is like the animation and that's it. It is specially bad if you read the novels and see it is also a joke of an adaptation.
Jan 24, 2023 10:28 AM
Jan 2023
Chainsaw man was mentioned, but can we focus on how stupid the characters with chainsaws coming out of their heads look. it just looks ridiculous.
Jan 24, 2023 10:29 AM

Mar 2020
Tendo_GM said:
Steel Ball Run is easily one of the worst manga ever written

Also, I know generally everything about JoJo that’s needs before Part 7, and mind you, Part 7 is independent and doesn’t need any predated knowledge to be understood, it only required it to cause a Stockholm syndrome effect to everyone and trigger recency bias for it to be acclaimed so highly.
There’s no signs of actual good writing before part 7 and there’s certainly none of it in SBR, everyone judging who is judging it is only blinded by being enough of a fan to read through 6 parts of it, me not bothering with other previous parts only means my view is way more unbiased than yours and other fans’.

And you assumed I “hate read” it, but I went into it by a recommendation from a friend who watched and read every Jojo part and hated them all EXCEPT for part 7, from his recommendation which I trusted I went into it expecting to have the same experience and was looking forward to reading it because I saw a possibility of SBR being good outside the series. But no, even with my optimistic orientation, I still didn’t find A SINGLE thing in it that wasn’t terrible (much less, a single thing that’s actually mediocre or even good about it), so save your bullshit assumptions for some other day brother.

As I said, it’s a hard pill to swallow, so don’t be butt hurt that your favorite manga is not a masterpiece

Mod edit: removed pointless insults
ZedlinJan 25, 2023 2:54 PM
Jan 24, 2023 10:38 AM
Jun 2019
Most anime girls are terribly annoying and terrible characters.
Jan 24, 2023 10:43 AM

Dec 2008
Jjk and demon slayer are very, very generic shounens. Demon slayer more so. As for jjk, I honestly think it’s a worse csm.
Jan 24, 2023 11:08 AM
Jun 2021
1) Chainsaw Man is good for a battle shounen but very mediocre for anime overall.
2) Demon Slayer's animation looks pretty but is ultimately soulless.
3) Gigguk is a hack and his content is utter garbage. Mothers' Basement and Glass Reflection's even more so.
4) Kaguya doesn't deserve the position it got, especially with season 3.
5) Seasonal watching is easily the worst way to enjoy anime.
6) Two close girls being friends does NOT equal yuri. Anyone who thinks otherwise should seriously rethink their lives.
7) Same as 6) but with two close guys being friends and yaoi.
8) CGDCT is pointless and it achieves absolutely nothing, not even fanservice.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Jan 2013
The rise of loli and moe culture came as a direct response to 20 years of big titty anime girls and now after another 20 years of tropes people are bitching about that too relatively in the same way. Imagine getting morally triggered by pixels.

I expect a new trend in the next couple years.
ChandelaJan 24, 2023 11:32 AM
Jan 24, 2023 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Chandela said:
The rise of loli and moe culture came as a direct response to 20 years of big titty anime girls and now after another 20 years of tropes people are bitching about that too relatively in the same way. Imagine getting morally triggered by pixels.

This is just factually wrong. The rise of loli and moe culture came from the increase of otaku watching mahou shoujo and children anime and being attracted to the characters in those shows. Creators who were fans of those works would put elements on it in their own, and the cycle continued.
Jan 24, 2023 1:02 PM

Jul 2021
Samurai Champloo was just okay.
Shield Hero season one was never much better than its second season.
Nichijou was cute, not really funny.
Gintama is genuinely less than mediocre when it comes to story and battle arcs.
Steins:Gate was good but not particularly noteworthy.
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou had an amazing first episode but the rest of the series was just lifeless.
KonoSuba season one was good but it's second season was wildly unfunny.

That's all I've got for now.
Jan 24, 2023 1:05 PM

Apr 2015
Jojo's character designs are pretty terrible. I can't tell if some of the guys are actually guys and if the girls are actually girls with some of them.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 24, 2023 1:12 PM
Dec 2021
-Anime is for kids
-Watching anime is a waste of time  (most of the time) 
-just a few selected anime are worth your time and can teach you something.
Jan 24, 2023 1:14 PM
Oct 2019
I like the FLCL sequels way more than the original series.
Jan 24, 2023 1:33 PM

May 2018
Sket Dance (9/10) >>> Gintama (7/10)

Jan 24, 2023 1:39 PM

May 2019
TheMechaManiac said:
6) Two close girls being friends does NOT equal yuri. Anyone who thinks otherwise should seriously rethink their lives.
basically the whole touhou fandom.
Jan 24, 2023 1:42 PM

Jan 2013
Mood_Booster said:
Chandela said:

This is just factually wrong. The rise of loli and moe culture came from the increase of otaku watching mahou shoujo and children anime and being attracted to the characters in those shows. Creators who were fans of those works would put elements on it in their own, and the cycle continued.
Prove it specifically.

and bruh read the title again lol

"Okay Lapras, use cold beam!" - Ash ep 259
ChandelaJan 24, 2023 1:55 PM
Jan 24, 2023 2:00 PM

Jan 2023
mob psycho season 3 was probably the worst of all 3 

Profile   ●   Website

Jan 24, 2023 2:01 PM

Oct 2017
Pretty much any time I say my opinions ends up turning out like that since there seems to be a lot of issues where people with my worldviews tend to be treated terribly by the community, but if I am going for something less serious than that, I would say that my opinion of 4Kids being really good at punching up character dialogue would be controversial. Also my opinion that the use of slang and pop culture references in localization is good would be controversial, and the reason I like stuff like this is because it not only adds a bit more relatability to the target translation language, but is also really fun to do when translating stuff to see what kinda stuff you can fit in while keeping the same meaning while also spicing things up. 
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jan 24, 2023 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
probably the fact that i havent watched or read a single one of the big 3 but ive seen and binged a lot of less common animes
Jan 24, 2023 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
I always thought one of my "worst" opinions was saying I didn't find Gintama that funny, but I've literally never gotten any negative reactions from that.
Jan 24, 2023 5:04 PM

Sep 2020
FanofAction said:
I always thought one of my "worst" opinions was saying I didn't find Gintama that funny, but I've literally never gotten any negative reactions from that.
Well, now you have one you absolute bum. Do you need to go to a school of the arts to learn when to laugh and when not to laugh? You probably think Jimmy Carr is the funniest person on the planet, don't you?

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 24, 2023 5:16 PM

Jul 2013
jobless reincarnation sucks dick.
Jan 24, 2023 5:17 PM

Nov 2019
The God himself said these following lines

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jan 24, 2023 5:18 PM
Aug 2018
Oreimo is good

Code Geass is boring

Having waifus is kind of cringe
Cnut_the_GreatJan 24, 2023 5:22 PM

Jan 24, 2023 5:43 PM

Oct 2013
samsince04 said:
FanofAction said:
Well, now you have one you absolute bum. Do you need to go to a school of the arts to learn when to laugh and when not to laugh? You probably think Jimmy Carr is the funniest person on the planet, don't you?
Wrong. I barely remember Jimmy Carr exists. I'll also throw these ones in for free, I dropped One Piece as well and I think that Hunter X Hunter is a 7 at best. Good luck trying to sleep.
Jan 24, 2023 6:28 PM

Aug 2020
- Lotgh OVA and Vinland Saga (s1 at least) deserve no higher than 7/10
- JoJo part 3 is so far the best animated part (i've only seen till 1/3 of part 6)

StormStar said:
Monster is not that great
try proving it to me coz i thought it's THE best anime i've ever seen and also
StormStar said:
JoJo part 5 anime is better than the manga
that's NOT unpopular at all.

Ionliosite2 said:
Fate/Zero, Steel Ball Run, Monster and Cowboy Bebop are absolute shit.
HARD disagree. Haven't read SBR but the rest are all great and better than sth like Yuru Camp.

TsutanaiFuun said:
mob psycho season 3 was the weakest season. i have no idea how people are liking it so much. it doesn't deserve the 8ish rating it's got. it's 7.5 at best.
I gave it 5/10 you see..

poundscoin said:
mob psycho season 3 was probably the worst of all 3 
it was in fact the worst for me.

I welcome any other people to reason/discuss/argue/debate me on my takes.
TRC_RandyJan 24, 2023 6:32 PM
Jan 24, 2023 6:32 PM

Feb 2021
Nemo_Niemand said:
Sket Dance (9/10) >>> Gintama (7/10)
Finally someone said it. Gintama is meh. People should watch Sket Dance instead. 

"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jan 24, 2023 7:24 PM
Jun 2020
Anime is made for dumb 12 year old boys.
I'm sick of all this anime is for smart adults nonsense. What do 12 year Olds like violence and Fat Tots. That's what anime is.

Comedy anime is not funny, like at all. I'm here for the Sax and Violins.
Jan 24, 2023 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
Chandela said:
Mood_Booster said:
Prove it specifically.

and bruh read the title again lol

"Okay Lapras, use cold beam!" - Ash ep 259
You stated an opinion and I gave you a reasoning for why its wrong.

In the 90s, you had many popular mahou shoujo manga and anime, like Sailor Moon. Despite the target demographic being young girls, it became popular with male otaku. In the 00s, we see Loli-type characters become more and more popular in shows with the target demographic being men. It doesn't have anything to do with a response to large breasted anime girls, of which there are still many.
Jan 24, 2023 7:59 PM

Sep 2020
FanofAction said:
samsince04 said:
Wrong. I barely remember Jimmy Carr exists. I'll also throw these ones in for free, I dropped One Piece as well and I think that Hunter X Hunter is a 7 at best. Good luck trying to sleep.
You monster! You would put Berserk 2016 and Hxh on the same level? You're just a different breed man. Just curious, what anime or even non-anime stuff do you find funny? Because most of the times that I've laughed my hardest is from watching Gintama.Especially the earlier seasons.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 24, 2023 7:59 PM

Oct 2019
i think gintama serious arcs are okay at best (with the exception of the arcs in enchousen). they feel forced and awkward and interrupt the flow of comedic episodes in a non-natural way that makes them kind of a slog to get through
Jan 24, 2023 8:21 PM

Feb 2014
I am not anti shota or loli, I understand what those words means, but...
All of your waifu/husbando shouldn't be high schoolers after 30. It's okay to have some, I do. But all of your top ten? Either seek help or branch out your anime watching
That's the problem with eternal damnation, you get used to it after a while
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

30 by FZREMAKE »»
12 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

93 by Zarutaku »»
16 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 1 hour ago

16 by Coaghim »»
17 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

4 by TsutanaiFuun »»
26 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

124 by Matt_MurD0CK »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.