Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 23, 2022 3:38 AM

Dec 2018
Forum updates!? What sort of loopy land have I been isekaid to!? My MAL doesn’t even know the forums exist thank you very much!
Dec 23, 2022 4:56 AM

Aug 2021
Good update, I like the alignment things already, it's really annoying to see a blurry picture while zooming in and this solved all the problems
Dec 23, 2022 5:48 AM

Jul 2016
Holy shit, this is awesome!

I was thinking about how it would be nice if the messaging system got updated not too long ago. Glad to see I didn't need to wait long for my wish to come true!
Dec 23, 2022 6:29 AM

Jun 2015
I found this a little difficult at first while trying to update my sig this morning, but eventually got to the last button which allows you to see the actuall bb code so I could insert my new img. Its a great feature but not very user friendly to us old timers.

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 23, 2022 6:41 AM

Jun 2015
Oi, I just tried to msg you.

In the update thread. I was a little put off by the fact I couldnt use the links to post my updated image. In the end after much clicking I got down to the option where I could vire the original bb code and replace my image link. If your looking for beta testers on features, im happy to apply. I'll test whatever you throw at me and if its not working you can be sure I'll let you know ;)

Shishio-kun said:
SheyCroix said:
This is so incredibly annoying.
Do the people that worked on this even use MAL?? The forums????

Who decided it was a smart idea to just change any and all freaking existing bbcode on posts!?
Like, okay, so I can't work on old posts and now I'm even getting told how you want it to look like....
I'm getting random new bbcode tags added where I don't want them. You are changing how it looked to how I didn't want it. I can't even recover the previous format cause you already changed it to what you wanted! 

How can an update take things so far back that it's detrimental. Gosh, things like these sure makes one wish to move somewhere else.
This is arbitrarily changing what one sets for our tags. Everything. 
Now there's a minimum font size, a max font size, a set spacing, a set way of setting color.... I'm getting annoyed just trying to see it all.... 

I welcome the new feature as it was much needed, but for the love of it all.... just... get a beta testing website or some shit. Heck, I bet a good chunk of us would be more than willing to test things out before they are freaking forced on us!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It is extremely frustrating to see. My heart goes out to you and the others who had those posts ruined after you worked so hard on them!

I would totally work with you in a beta-testing group, I know you'd be great for it :D it'd be useful as within a few hours and a small pool of posts, well over ten bugs were already found..

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 23, 2022 7:30 AM

Feb 2010
foxxykat1223 said:
@Shishio-kun 

I don't know if you can see it from this or not. It's not just getting the code of my large posts, it's also that I can't add images to any posts now. Not the old way or this "new and improved" bull way. I have been collecting cards since I started and now it's pointless if I can't even post them. This is fine for new users and small posts, but it's crap for larger posts and collectors.

ShaggyZE extracted the BBcode from your post and pasted it here:
https://pastebin.com/4CB8B4sK

So you can at least take portions of the entire post and put them into new posts and edit them from there. The sheer size of that post seems to keep it from being edited and source coded. Later today, or maybe this week, his extension should be updated so that you can extract BBcode from any post:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/shaggyze

Dec 23, 2022 8:12 AM

Mar 2012
Why am I use a Mal BBCode Toolbar in Greasyfork's website?

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/370335-myanimelist-bbcode-toolbar

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Dec 23, 2022 8:24 AM

Oct 2016
Shishio-kun said:
foxxykat1223 said:
@Shishio-kun 

I don't know if you can see it from this or not. It's not just getting the code of my large posts, it's also that I can't add images to any posts now. Not the old way or this "new and improved" bull way. I have been collecting cards since I started and now it's pointless if I can't even post them. This is fine for new users and small posts, but it's crap for larger posts and collectors.

ShaggyZE extracted the BBcode from your post and pasted it here:
https://pastebin.com/4CB8B4sK

So you can at least take portions of the entire post and put them into new posts and edit them from there. The sheer size of that post seems to keep it from being edited and source coded. Later today, or maybe this week, his extension should be updated so that you can extract BBcode from any post:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/shaggyze

ty! I just wish I could do that to all of my large posts. I had the source codes for a minute and then poof they were back to the new way. I hope they fix this soon. I would like to make new posts for my larger collections to avoid this thing.

*And now they are back again. No doubt they will keep coming and going. Thanks for all the help and hopefully I can work on this some time next week.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!!
foxxykat1223Dec 23, 2022 8:32 AM
Dec 23, 2022 8:53 AM

Jul 2016
kizumi91 said:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Chainsaw Man

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Chainsaw Man

Cool!
There are font styles
Dec 23, 2022 9:29 AM
(=^・ェ・^=)

Nov 2013
SheyCroix said:

foxxykat1223 said:
I had the source codes for a minute and then poof they were back to the new way. I hope they fix this soon. I would like to make new posts for my larger collections to avoid this thing.

The devs have released another update that keeps the editor in the last selected mode (visual or code). If you switch to the code editor on a new reply here for instance, you will remain on the code editor when editing other posts. Using the code editor should be the same as the old editor we had before, so it should not end up breaking your posts. Using only the code editor is a temporary solution as the devs continue to work out the bugs that are cropping up with visual mode for more complex BBCoded posts that have many nested tags.

firefractalDec 23, 2022 10:19 AM

Dec 23, 2022 9:44 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I saw that, which is a relief for the meantime.
It does help with keeping the code as is, so hopefully all major bugs will be solved soonish.

Thanks, fractal.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 23, 2022 9:57 AM

Sep 2022
Dang, I was just thinking about how something looked new, I didn't even notice that big change. Looks awesome! Thanks guys :)

Dec 23, 2022 10:07 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
firefractal said:
This is just a temporary solution

Please make it permanent.

Regardless of any fixes that are made to the visual editor, please make the editor stay in the last selected mode. It's a small thing but it's extremely convenient.

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Dec 23, 2022 10:20 AM
(=^・ェ・^=)

Nov 2013
dierubikdie said:
Regardless of any fixes that are made to the visual editor, please make the editor stay in the last selected mode. It's a small thing but it's extremely convenient.

I believe this particular change will be permanent. However, editing only in source mode is only a temporary solution to the issues that others have been facing with the visual editor. I've edited my original post to make this clearer.

Dec 23, 2022 12:06 PM

Dec 2018
firefractal said:
SheyCroix said:

foxxykat1223 said:
I had the source codes for a minute and then poof they were back to the new way. I hope they fix this soon. I would like to make new posts for my larger collections to avoid this thing.

The devs have released another update that keeps the editor in the last selected mode (visual or code). If you switch to the code editor on a new reply here for instance, you will remain on the code editor when editing other posts. Using the code editor should be the same as the old editor we had before, so it should not end up breaking your posts. Using only the code editor is a temporary solution as the devs continue to work out the bugs that are cropping up with visual mode for more complex BBCoded posts that have many nested tags.

Omg this is fabulous! Also wtf why is MAL being on top of things for once?! I’m not used to it😭
Dec 23, 2022 12:32 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
@firefractal

Thank you for responding to users and answering questions in this thread. It's much appreciated.

If suggestions are still being taken:

It would be great if there was another toggle added to the editor which stops it from auto-formatting the BBCode when switching back and forth between visual and source. Currently (as far as I can tell), using the visual editor is what causes the BBCode to reformat itself. It would be nice to be able to use the visual editor to live-preview my post without it changing anything. Of course, I understand that most people don't really have a need to sit down and learn BBCode, so the option to automatically do those things is important, but as it stands at the moment, I won't ever have a reason to use this cool new feature.

Dec 23, 2022 4:22 PM

May 2022
_cjessop19_ said:
Looks like one of my suggestions finally come to fruition: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2063256

I wonder how long this has been in the works for?
hah, i hope ur not under the impression that you're partly responsible for this or anything. People have been wanting something like this for a while now.
Dec 23, 2022 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
Yay! FINALLY! I'm so happy about the editor.

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
Dec 23, 2022 5:08 PM
Sep 2018
ohhhh it's so nice *--------*
Dec 23, 2022 6:16 PM

Oct 2015
As someone who loves using BBCode, I welcome this development with open arms. Thank you for finally rolling this out!

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Dec 24, 2022 10:22 AM

Feb 2016
Shishio-kun said:
If you copy someone's username from above their profile pic on PC, it turns the @ "you" into this:

@Kineta

Looks different than the usual. 

@Kineta 

I hope that the first one still works to ping someone, looks like it doesn't since the @ hasn't turned into a link. A lot of users copy the username to @ someone and newbies won't figure out that their ping isn't working.
It looks different when I do it.
@[url=/profile/Shishio-kun]Shishio-kun[/url]
And then it changes the color of the following text.
その目だれの目?
Dec 24, 2022 12:26 PM

Aug 2011
This is definitely a welcomed addition seeing that I was used to having it on the Crunchyroll forums, and it was quite a pain to have to manually add tags.  Thanks for bringing them.
Dec 24, 2022 5:20 PM

Feb 2021
Yes I do like this update very much. :D

Thank you for making this. An amazing christmas gift.
Dec 25, 2022 2:27 AM

Jun 2019
Terrible update. You cannot even copy paste messages that you quoted, it shows something like:

User X
Message n°p
User Y
Message n°q

Therefore, it has become very hard to quote more than one person at the time.

@deg Have you noticed this issue too?

Edit: One can deal with this issue by asking to "show source" on the right. Not that bad, but still more awkward to use.
Dec 25, 2022 3:27 AM

Jan 2009
@Meusnier

yep i notice it too, cut and paste does not work too, they made this update without much testing lol
Dec 25, 2022 3:30 AM

Jun 2019
deg said:
@Meusnier

yep i notice it too, cut and paste does not work too, they made this update without much testing lol

As I have written in my edit, you can still copy and paste by using the "View source" (Ctrl + Shift + S) on the right, as in the image below:

Dec 25, 2022 3:32 AM

Jan 2009
Meusnier said:
deg said:
@Meusnier

As I have written in my edit, you can still copy and paste by using the "View source" (Ctrl + Shift + S) on the right, as in the image below:

ah i see that disables the new editor then
Dec 25, 2022 4:56 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011

It's truly a shame that we can no longer expand the text box horizontally.... it's inconvenient working with some posts that are a tad too long and/or contain much info.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 25, 2022 7:51 AM

Jan 2019
Thank you for this. It's been most needed.

A few points that I noticed:

1. Extra line breaks between bullet points or numbered items aren't instantly corrected after creating a list. The instant preview shows the extra espace as in image 1 below. This is corrected after using the "Preview' button, however (and, I presume, when publishing the post).
  2. I don't know how to close a spoiler after selecting text. It seems that everything I write after it gets included in the spoiler, and I'm forced to switch to source mode to bypass its limits and continue my text. I believe it would more convenient to leave spoilers as brackets just as in the source.
  3. Similarly, the "Remove Formatting" option doesn't really remove quotes and codes, and I'm forced to switch to source mode to erase them.

[1]: Extra lines.
Dec 26, 2022 12:11 AM

May 2010
@Kineta

Can you ask the dev team to add the "name" back to the textarea ie View source, every other input box or textarea on the site has a name and/or class so it's easier to target with CSS, scripts or extensions, it's bad practice to remove it and not sure why they did, would rather let you know about it now instead of after they've changed every other textarea to be nameless.

it use to be
<textarea class="textarea topic-reply-text bbcode-message-editor" name="msg_text" cols="80" rows="10" placeholder="Write a new post" rel="topic-bottom" style=""></textarea>
and now is just
<textarea placeholder="Write a new post" dir="ltr" spellcheck="false" style=""></textarea>
ShaggyZEDec 26, 2022 12:52 AM
Dec 26, 2022 9:09 AM

May 2021
I'm sorry, but the new BBcode editor SUCKS!!

It's suppost to make editing easier right? I've never had to spend so much time on editing a BBcode untill this update

I see there are people who like it, but at the very least can you give people the option to switch between this and the classic BBcode??
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Dec 26, 2022 1:49 PM

May 2010
DigiCat said:
at the very least can you give people the option to switch between this and the classic BBcode??

you can.. instructions are in the this post or Ctrl + Shift + S
ShaggyZEJan 2, 2023 5:17 AM
Dec 26, 2022 1:51 PM

May 2021
ShaggyZE said:
DigiCat said:
at the very least can you give people the option to switch between this and the classic BBcode??

you can.. instructions are in the first post or Ctrl + Shift + S

THANK YOUUUUUUUU ❤
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Dec 28, 2022 1:35 AM

May 2021
Formatting text is way easier and better than the old editor but quoting people using it is incredibly annoying. If you quote a post which has itself quoted another post, then it straight up hangs when you click on the Reply or Preview button.

Thank goodness the option to use the old editor is there or I probably would have gone insane. I have heard it's a temporary solution but in my opinion, they should let that option stay permanently along with the new editor for users who feel more comfortable using the old editor.

Dec 28, 2022 3:21 AM

May 2010
RioFS said:
Formatting text is way easier and better than the old editor but quoting people using it is incredibly annoying. If you quote a post which has itself quoted another post, then it straight up hangs when you click on the Reply or Preview button.

Thank goodness the option to use the old editor is there or I probably would have gone insane. I have heard it's a temporary solution but in my opinion, they should let that option stay permanently along with the new editor for users who feel more comfortable using the old editor.

The funny thing is they still have the old textarea underneath the new one, they just set the style to display: none so if they do remove it for some odd reason we can use css or js to bring it back.

Dec 29, 2022 11:17 AM

Nov 2013
so is there an ETA on the fixes or? quoting someone is now an awful experience
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 29, 2022 3:11 PM

Aug 2019
Honestly I hate the update, in particular when quoting people because the little line that separates the quoted text from the reply space is really hard to see, which leads to accidentally typing inside the quoted text box rather than outside of it. It's annoying.
Dec 31, 2022 6:23 PM

Jun 2011
Are you going to do anything about the Firefox bugs?
Jan 1, 2023 9:57 AM

Sep 2018
Please give people an option to use the old text editor ;-;

I'm struggling so much with how the new text editor makes me unable to see the source code! It's messing up a lot of clubs as well... 
Jan 1, 2023 1:06 PM
Dec 2017
so next up darkmode i hope

Jan 2, 2023 5:11 AM

May 2010
TheAtticGhost said:
Please give people an option to use the old text editor ;-;

I'm struggling so much with how the new text editor makes me unable to see the source code! It's messing up a lot of clubs as well... 

Crow_Black said:
so next up darkmode i hope

not sure it will be next, but judging by some of the changes in code ie more unified element class names, it will be sooner than later.
ShaggyZEJan 2, 2023 5:17 AM
Jan 2, 2023 8:40 AM

Sep 2018
ShaggyZE said:

Oh thank you! I didn't realize that's what it meant lol
Jan 2, 2023 8:43 AM

Jan 2010
Well, it's about time!!!
Jan 10, 2023 3:05 PM

Nov 2009
Huh...

I figured out the previous issue about Copy & Paste, CTRL+C or V.

It's due to "VIEW SOURCE", where you have to click on it, the Default leaves it un-selected and won't allow you to Copy+Paste

However, another issue poped up...

I can't use CTRL+Z or Y in either selected or un-selected "View Source" to undo or redo whatever I typed.

And sometimes doing CTRL+Z, it simply deletes the entire post and you can't CTRL+Y it back, it's gone forever.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 16, 2023 6:19 AM

Jan 2020
I know it's too late, but I came to express my dissatisfaction, this new editor is simply horrible, full of bugs and not ANYTHING PRACTICAL, I know that the idea was to help people who have difficulties, but honestly it's completely frustrating.
Jan 16, 2023 1:13 PM
Jan 2023
GG mid diff
Jan 18, 2023 1:51 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
@firefractal

If you're still taking bug reports on the new editor, I've noticed something weird.

I don't know much about html or any kind of coding, really, but in the code for the new editor's formatting buttons, there appears to be a specific element in every button that is just a plaintext description of the button's function:

So when the editor is open, if I use Ctrl+F and type in the name of one of the buttons (like strikethrough or view source), my browser will tell me there's a hit on the page, when it's just detecting the button's name.

It's not a significant bug, but it's something.

Jan 18, 2023 5:03 PM
(=^・ェ・^=)

Nov 2013
dierubikdie said:
So when the editor is open, if I use Ctrl+F and type in the name of one of the buttons (like strikethrough or view source), my browser will tell me there's a hit on the page, when it's just detecting the button's name.

Hmm interesting, I'll pass this along. Thanks for the info!

Jan 23, 2023 6:35 AM

Jun 2021
Uhm, so when will BBCode be implemented on Interest Stacks?

[Update May 24] Interest Stacks: New feature for custom theme lists and challenges

The following features are planned and will be added soon:
✔️ Mobile version of all Interest Stack related pages
✔️ Integration with Anime/Manga DB pages like reviews or recommendations
🔜 Character stacks
🔜 BBCode/Markup on descriptions

🔜 Soon? How soon? 👀
Jan 23, 2023 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
edit: as other mentioned. Please add option to make view source on by default
Not sure if this has already been mentionen but apprently this new buggy editor thinks it's a good idea to change every url ink to the same if i decides to do a edit and at the same time add new url links in the middle of other texts and at the bottom of a post

10th time now my AWC sign up post has to be rewritten thanks to this new garbage editor

modarenJan 23, 2023 8:20 AM
meh :v
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

201 by EverySportsAnime »»
5 hours ago

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Destinesia »»
8 hours ago

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3340 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.