Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 11, 2014 12:44 PM
Aug 2011
So apparently there will be a sequel to the novel

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2014-04-15/all-you-need-is-kill-novelist-is-now-writing-a-sequel

Which means there's a good chance the manga will be continued, yay.

Jun 11, 2014 6:18 PM

Jun 2012
Jun 12, 2014 7:37 AM
May 2013
I look forward to this
Jun 15, 2014 11:46 PM

Apr 2010
Good to hear, the events of the novel didn't really have any major impact on the larger Mimic war. They won a battle against the Mimics, yay? But what about the Mimic spaceships on the ocean floor that are still producing more Mimics by the hour?

And not to mention the Mimics' creators are going to come to Earth to colonize us in about 40 years or so. There's plenty of story to be told for "Killer Cage" Kiriya.
Aug 6, 2020 5:59 PM

Dec 2009
I have no idea what can come out of a sequel from the seemingly very conclusive ending but I'd like to be surprised and thrilled of the experienced.
... Although... the fuck happened? Did he cancel the idea?
Feb 28, 2022 9:25 AM

Nov 2020
waalex11 said:
I have no idea what can come out of a sequel from the seemingly very conclusive ending but I'd like to be surprised and thrilled of the experienced.
... Although... the fuck happened? Did he cancel the idea?

Well its been 8 years and there hasn’t been any information about it - or at least if there is it’s hidden quite well. So it’s safe to assume it ain’t gonna happen. Bit of a shame considering how successful the original was but it also ended so well and at least there’s no chance it would get ruined by the franchise being milked.
Feb 28, 2022 1:30 PM

May 2021
Aww man I really liked how it could plan out and I even made like extra cool theories of what would happen next. it's such a shame.
Feb 28, 2022 3:57 PM

Dec 2009
@FurySlasher
Yeah, huh... If so, and it'll never happen, that's kinda a shame.
Never read the original novel, but I loved the manga and could imagine a good sequel from the author, however he would make it.

Disappointing when sequels have plans but never happen for various reasons.
Maybe the live-action adaption will have a sequel. That had discussion of one also.
Mar 5, 2022 3:48 AM

Nov 2020
waalex11 said:
@FurySlasher
Never read the original novel, but I loved the manga and could imagine a good sequel from the author, however he would make it.

Maybe the live-action adaption will have a sequel. That had discussion of one also.

Yeah, a very big shame. Would’ve been nice to have a continuation as there’s still lots to expand on and seems like the war is far from over.

However part of me still thinks it’s better to leave it as it is cos now that Rita’s gone the rest would most likely be repetitive anyways, cos it would just be keiji completing his mission of killing all the mimics. Obv they could find some ways to extend and improve the plot and make keep readers interested but imo it would just feel like it’s being milked. Plus keiji already admitted himself that he doesn’t have much motivation left now that rita’s dead.

All in all, although a sequel would definitely be nice, there’s definitely a chance it could flop and ruin the series on the whole.
Mar 5, 2022 4:23 AM

Dec 2009
@FurySlasher
Yeah, at worst, it is hard to imagine how a great sequel could be created with how solid the story is and its conclusion.
The author seemed optimistic and confident, but I guess not, assuming he couldn't figure out how to make it worthwhile.
... We'll see what happens, but. I'm fine without it since it's the type of story that's enough as is with a sequel not making much sense.

I'd expect it to be at least decent because I believe in the author and loved th manga, so I'm interested regardless. Oh well.
Mar 18, 2022 2:05 AM

Dec 2021
@waalex11
@FurySlasher

is this based on the Tom Cruise movie ?
Mar 18, 2022 7:07 AM

Dec 2009
@kushmonatl
Did the AYNIS Novel Sequel fail due to Edge of Tomorrow's "failure"? Maybe- Somewhat.

Logically, Edge of Tomorrow making $100M early box office for their budget of $178M is bad, which doesn't help.
Although, today the box office of Edge of Tomorrow is $370.5M which is apparently decent.
Note: These may be out-of-date/unreliable articles, but I think they at least give a good idea.

Although, if you look back at the AnimeNewsNetwork article, the novel was being written before Edge of Tomorrow was even released-
So, it was already planned regardless. So, I don't think Edge of Tomorrow's affect was the main factor.
It also doesn't seem like the author was involved at all, but seeing the movie may have influenced a thought.

Essentially though, the main factor of something's success to continue (in this case, the novel sequel) is profit, but... since it was already planned and being written, it should of happened...

I can't find what the sales of the graphic novel adaption were to know if that helped or not, but I'm sure the manga adaption continued to help, along with Edge of Tomorrow to some extent for being critically positive in ratings, even if the box office and worldwide popularity wasn't bigger.

... I'm still attempting to have a better understanding of how media fails or succeeds to get continuations, but as far as I know, there's always various factors.

In reality, it may be the author having a writer's block, having never finished it... or, it could be the fault of an editor or publishers somehow. Who knows.
Mar 18, 2022 8:22 AM

Nov 2020
kushmonatl said:
@waalex11
@FurySlasher

is this based on the Tom Cruise movie ?

Like waalex said above, it’s the other way round, the Tom cruise movie was influenced by this. Wouldnt have expected western scriptwriters and directors to write even a half decent plot on their own in the first place.
Sep 3, 2022 3:04 AM

Oct 2012
just read manga first time. no way could u have a sequel
Sep 3, 2022 3:18 AM

Jan 2017
ss4chris said:
no way could u have a sequel

It's quite easy tho , just makes a new soldier experiences loops.
You can even get Keiji be his mentor like Rita was for him.
But it seems that the Author dropped his idea of writing a Sequel anyway.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 3, 2022 11:50 AM

Oct 2012
Alexioos95 said:
ss4chris said:
no way could u have a sequel

It's quite easy tho , just makes a new soldier experiences loops.
You can even get Keiji be his mentor like Rita was for him.
But it seems that the Author dropped his idea of writing a Sequel anyway.

smartest idea ever. NO one wanted a sequel lol
Dec 19, 2022 4:00 AM
Aug 2020
waalex11 said:
@FurySlasher

there's also the movies you could check out, their pretty cool
Dec 19, 2022 4:39 AM

Dec 2009
AstaLoliDragneel said:
I did mention already of watching Edge of Tomorrow on here and how I loved it, but are you saying there were other live-action movie adaptions?...

If so, I never heard of them.
Any other adaption I know is the western comic book which I never bothered to read.
Dec 19, 2022 4:45 AM
Aug 2020
waalex11 said:
AstaLoliDragneel said:
I did mention already of watching Edge of Tomorrow on here and how I loved it, but are you saying there were other live-action movie adaptions?...

If so, I never heard of them.
Any other adaption I know is the western comic book which I never bothered to read.

my bad I seemed to have made a typo I meant movie, and I don't think I read your other comment there's also not much hope of another movie unfortunately because "it might be too expensive" according to Emily Blunt
Dec 19, 2022 5:30 AM

Dec 2009
@AstaLoliDragneel
Damn... I'm still hoping. We'll see. 'Never know.
Dec 19, 2022 5:31 AM
Aug 2020
waalex11 said:
@AstaLoliDragneel
Damn... I'm still hoping. We'll see. 'Never know.

wouldn't count on it too much, but one can hope

More topics from this board

» How many pages

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 15

5 by Anime_God_King »»
Mar 17, 5:57 PM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2014

31 by artheart634 »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:17 PM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KiraYoshikage - Jun 1, 2014

86 by YahiyaX777L »»
Apr 18, 2023 1:38 PM

» Meta-reference to All You Need is Kill

LazerBeams01 - Apr 17, 2023

1 by YahiyaX777L »»
Apr 18, 2023 1:32 PM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

25 by marvinioh »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.