Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 28, 2022 5:09 PM

Apr 2019
Just watched up to episode 22, am I right in thinking I watch 22b and then Steins gate 0. What do I watch after that?
Nov 28, 2022 5:44 PM
Aug 2022
MarktheOtaku said:
Just watched up to episode 22, am I right in thinking I watch 22b and then Steins gate 0. What do I watch after that?

After 22 episode go Watch 23b missing link after that Watch Steins Gate 0 and then come back to Steins Gate 23-24
Nov 28, 2022 5:46 PM
Jun 2022
You are right, but that is episode 23(β) not 22(β)

Watch Order:
Step-1: Steins;Gate Episode 1–22.

Step-2: Steins;Gate: Kyoukaimenjou no Missing Link - Divide By Zero/Steins Gate: Episode 23 (β); Open the Missing Link.

Step-3: Steins;Gate 0.

Step-4: Steins;Gate Episode 23–24.

Step-5: Steins;Gate: Oukoubakko no Poriomania/Steins;Gate: Egoistic Poriomania.
Nov 28, 2022 5:48 PM

Dec 2021
Complete the original series first then watch 23β followed by S;G0. Then watch S;G episode 23-24 again. Watch movie at the end for better experience.
Nov 28, 2022 5:48 PM

Apr 2021
MarktheOtaku said:

After that, go back watch the remaining episode of Steins;Gate episode 23 and 24. Next, watch Steins;Gate Oukoubakko no Poriomania this is the 25th episode of Steins;Gate. Then watch the Steins;Gate Movie. That should be right.. I watched Steins;Gate with Chronological order and I'll recommend you to watch it Chronological than the Release order, because you will get the best conclusions and more emotional.
My Candies:
Nov 28, 2022 6:02 PM
May 2018
first timers should go with the release order, always.
Nov 28, 2022 7:24 PM
May 2020
doesnt rly matter if you will just realize how to connect them later on
Nov 28, 2022 7:43 PM

Feb 2021
MarktheOtaku said:

Finish the original series first. Then go with Ep23b and Steins;Gate 0. This is the only way to watch the story.
Nov 28, 2022 8:16 PM
Nov 2022
Watch Order
1. Steins,gate (2011) Episode 1-22

2.Kyoukaimenjou no Miss link -Divide by zero (2015) (OVA)

3.Steins;gate 0 (2018)

4.Steins;gate (2011) (Episode-23-24)

5.Egoistic Poriomania (OVA)

6.Load region of deja vu (2013) (Movie)

moving on...

this is an oldie but goodie (for me). takes me back to my youth and stuff.

Mod edit: merged double post
ZedlinNov 28, 2022 11:34 PM
Nov 28, 2022 8:39 PM
Dec 2020
you watch 1-24 and that's it
Nov 28, 2022 8:40 PM
Jun 2021
release order is the only good one, i would’ve been pissed if i used any other
Nov 28, 2022 8:46 PM
Nov 2022
MarktheOtaku said:

watch steins;gate ep 23-24 . Then watch -Egoistic Poriomania (OVA).Finally, watch load region of deja vu (movie).
You can watch other spin offs and OVAs after that but it is optional.
Nov 28, 2022 9:28 PM

Mar 2021
MarktheOtaku said:

Just finish the first series, and just watch 0 after that. stopping the original Steins;Gate at ep 22 to watch Steins;Gate 0 is a terrible idea
Nov 28, 2022 9:31 PM
Feb 2021
just watch it in it's release date order, less complicated
Nov 28, 2022 9:39 PM

Jan 2017
MarktheOtaku said:

For some reasons , a "chronological order" got popular among new fans (You can see that all of those who proposed it are new account by the way) , but it's a really bad idea to follow it.
It isn't a chronological order at all , as the entirety of Steins;Gate 0 happens before the very start of the original series.
If it wasn't already bad enough , both series are completely different in tone and pacing , making it very rough to swap.
Plus , it isn't how the Authors expected you to experience their works , so that's a huge no go.

Just finish the original series , and then watch the Oukoubakko no Poriomania OVA and the Fuka Ryouiki no Deja Vu Movie , which are respectively the Epilogue and After-Epilogue. (They are not Canon but still highly enjoyable)
Then you can watch 23B and 0 , which is a complementary story to the original. (Note that it is in reality a complementary story to the 0 Visual Novel , so you'll probably miss some infos at points.)

Edit ; I see that you are a fan of Dragon Ball , so following this "chronological order" is as if you were saying to peoples to watch Super before the end of Z.
You should get a better idea now.
Alexioos95Nov 28, 2022 9:49 PM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 28, 2022 10:35 PM
Nov 2016
Steins;Gate wasn't created to be watched with the so-called "Chronological Order" and btw, that order is not even "Chronological" anyway so avoid it at all costs, and to make it even worse, that order has ruined it to some people and it would have ruined it for me as well. Stopping the climax of Steins;Gate to start from the beginning with a much slower, mediocre anime like Steins;Gate 0 is just dumb so don't be dumb and ignore the people suggesting that crappy order.

Watch Steins;Gate the way it was intended to be watched so go with the "Release Order":

Steins;Gate 01-24 > Steins;Gate Ova 25 > Steins;Gate Movie > Steins;Gate Ova 23beta > Steins;Gate 0. (The Movie is non-canon but it's still pretty enjoyable)
Nov 28, 2022 11:33 PM

May 2016
Not this shit again...

Release order
-
Nov 28, 2022 11:55 PM

Dec 2020
DarkJoyx said:
MarktheOtaku said:

After 22 episode go Watch 23b missing link after that Watch Steins Gate 0 and then come back to Steins Gate 23-24

do not do this. just finish steins gate and if you want more watch 23b then 0

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ.
๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต,
๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.

Nov 29, 2022 12:09 AM
Mar 2021
steins gate, then the ova (missing link) and last steins gate 0... Have fun watching it !
Nov 29, 2022 1:33 AM

May 2020
MarktheOtaku said:

Just watch episode 23 and 24. and then the rest. The release order.

Why is this (for many people) complicated order still a thing? It's not meant to be watched like that.
Nov 29, 2022 1:52 AM
Mar 2020
I recommend u to watch in release order so that u can able to enjoy suspense of this series.
Nov 29, 2022 1:59 AM
Mar 2020
Rad_Scientist said:
MarktheOtaku said:

Why is this (for many people) complicated order still a thing? It's not meant to be watched like that.

I watched this anime series in released order so that I can enjoy suspense much more and I literally loved it. I also recommended to my friends in that way and they really enjoyed it. :)
Nov 29, 2022 2:18 AM

May 2020
Anirudh42 said:
Rad_Scientist said:

I watched this anime series in released order so that I can enjoy suspense much more and I literally loved it. I also recommended to my friends in that way and they really enjoyed it. :)

I understand, why people watch the anime in the "chronological order", but release order is always the best. It's the way, the series is meant to be watched.
Nov 29, 2022 3:09 AM
Mar 2020
Rad_Scientist said:
Anirudh42 said:

I understand, why people watch the anime in the "chronological order", but release order is always the best. It's the way, the series is meant to be watched.

I respect your opinion, and I too agree with you. But I generally watch anime in chronological order. But the concept of chronological order can't be applied to the Steins;Gate anime series and a few others. (For me, Steins;Gate is the only anime that I have watched in its released order; perhaps in the future, when the anime series demands it, like Steins;Gate, I will watch it in its released order.) For me, this was the first instance that I realised that the Steins;Gate anime series can't be watched in chronological order. When I quoted this opinion to my friends and suggested they watch it, they agreed. Then I recommended the released order of the Steins;Gate anime series to watch. At the end of the series, my friends stated that they really enjoyed watching in released order rather than in chronological order, as they would have missed the buildup and suspense of the released order, which is something only a few people can agree on and understand.

I felt happy that somebody else had the same opinion as me regarding this topic.

Cheers bro!:)
Nov 29, 2022 3:11 AM
Mar 2020
xZabuzax said:
Steins;Gate wasn't created to be watched with the so-called "Chronological Order" and btw, that order is not even "Chronological" anyway so avoid it at all costs, and to make it even worse, that order has ruined it to some people and it would have ruined it for me as well. Stopping the climax of Steins;Gate to start from the beginning with a much slower, mediocre anime like Steins;Gate 0 is just dumb so don't be dumb and ignore the people suggesting that crappy order.

Watch Steins;Gate the way it was intended to be watched so go with the "Release Order":

Steins;Gate 01-24 > Steins;Gate Ova 25 > Steins;Gate Movie > Steins;Gate Ova 23beta > Steins;Gate 0. (The Movie is non-canon but it's still pretty enjoyable)

I too agree with you. But I generally watch anime in chronological order. But the concept of chronological order can't be applied to the Steins;Gate anime series and a few others. (For me, Steins;Gate is the only anime that I have watched in its released order; perhaps in the future, when the anime series demands it, like Steins;Gate, I will watch it in its released order.) For me, this was the first instance that I realised that the Steins;Gate anime series can't be watched in chronological order. When I quoted this opinion to my friends and suggested they watch it, they agreed. Then I recommended the released order of the Steins;Gate anime series to watch. At the end of the series, my friends stated that they really enjoyed watching in released order rather than in chronological order, as they would have missed the buildup and suspense of the released order, which is something only a few people can agree on and understand.

I felt happy that somebody else had the same opinion as me regarding this topic.

Cheers bro!:)
Nov 29, 2022 5:28 AM

Feb 2020
Just finish the original DO NOT WATCH 23B BEFORE FINISHING THE ORIGINAL SERIES

RAFLi128 said:
MarktheOtaku said:

After that, go back watch the remaining episode of Steins;Gate episode 23 and 24. Next, watch Steins;Gate Oukoubakko no Poriomania this is the 25th episode of Steins;Gate. Then watch the Steins;Gate Movie. That should be right.. I watched Steins;Gate with Chronological order and I'll recommend you to watch it Chronological than the Release order, because you will get the best conclusions and more emotional.

This is the definition of wrong and yes I stand by chronological order as the wrong choice in most cases especially with Steins;Gate. Why is this even a watch order I genuinely find it funny how not a single person I have spoken too can justify this watch order. Want me to shatter your "chronological" watch order its not even chronological because SG is a time travel anime so how does this make sense.

Mod edit: Merged double post
KayKimiiNov 29, 2022 8:03 AM
Nov 29, 2022 5:43 AM
Sep 2022
If it’s your first time watching the series, go in release order
Nov 29, 2022 5:54 AM

Feb 2021
Watch release order.

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Nov 29, 2022 7:50 AM
Mar 2022
Watch in chronological order . I have watched Stien gates in chronological order and i really enjoyed, Chronological order enhances the experience imo
Avnesh_Jain_Nov 29, 2022 7:55 AM
Nov 29, 2022 8:36 AM
Mar 2019
Play the original Visual Novel leaving the true end for last. It's the way I went and I don't regret it one bit. Best VN I've ever played.
Nov 29, 2022 9:15 AM
Nov 2016
Look at all these new/alt accounts recommending that shitty "Chronological Order", almost feels like it's the same guy recommending that shitty order with his multiple accounts to trick the OP.

OP, don't be dumb and ignore those guys recommending you that shitty order, only a silly minority recommends that shitty order. Watch Steins;Gate the way it was intended to be watched so go with the "Release Order", finish Steins;Gate first and afterward, you can proceed to watch something else from this franchise.
Nov 29, 2022 11:03 AM

Feb 2020
I mean you could do that but I recommend watching all of steins gate first then go watch the missing link ep and 0. After u can go back to the original for a rewatch, thats how I did it and it was fucking awesome
Nov 29, 2022 11:43 AM
Feb 2022
I really think watching the remaining episodes of the first Steins;Gate is the best way to go then the 25th ep then the movie. Missing Link and 0 you could do after, won’t feel like a direct bridge but the final eps of the first Steins is a great experience
Nov 29, 2022 10:27 PM

Nov 2022
I watched it in release order then read VNs (my first ever VNs btw) because my mind was screaming MOAR S;G!
Nov 29, 2022 10:34 PM
Jun 2022
Chronon said:
Complete the original series first then watch 23β followed by S;G0. Then watch S;G episode 23-24 again. Watch movie at the end for better experience.

This. I don’t think the momentum of the original series should be interrupted with S;G0
Nov 30, 2022 3:42 AM
Jun 2021
I find watching it in the chronological order makes for the best experience. Where you stop at ep 22, then go to 23b and so on so forth. It’s been explained already. Others might disagree with this order but that ain’t my problem.
Nov 30, 2022 4:15 AM
Apr 2017
you're going to live through pain till u reach ep 23 back again.
Nov 30, 2022 9:41 AM
Mar 2022
if u want perfect causal chronology u can do the schizo watch order of season 1 through ep 22 then whatch 23b then steins gate zero then episode 23, 24 and then movie

but honestly for a first watch id say watch all the way through season 1 then season 2 then the movie, u lose a lot of momentum watching sg0 right in the middle of s1 climax so id recommend causal chronological order for a rewatch
Dec 3, 2022 12:38 PM
Oct 2021
I watched the show in the order that Hulu put the episodes in. Is this the "Correct order"?
no idea. all I can say is that I loved the show.
Dec 4, 2022 2:45 AM

Jan 2017
USly said:
I watched the show in the order that Hulu put the episodes in. Is this the "Correct order"?

As far as i know , Hulu only has the Original show.
There is not the OVA , the Movie or the 0 Season.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Dec 4, 2022 4:43 AM
Oct 2021
Alexioos95 said:
USly said:

As far as i know , Hulu only has the Original show.
There is not the OVA , the Movie or the 0 Season.

the full series was on Hulu at one point, i had no idea they took some of it off. Kind of a shame TBH
Dec 4, 2022 5:26 AM

Jan 2017
USly said:
the full series was on Hulu at one point

Oh , i didn't knew.
Such streaming sites always separate Seasons anyway , so you most probably did follow the original/correct order anyway.

If you want to be sure :
Alexioos95Dec 4, 2022 5:34 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Dec 10, 2022 5:30 PM

Oct 2022
imo, watch order should always be release order! (the first ova and the movie are good but aren’t necessary to watch)
Watch Order:
Steins; Gate
Ep. 23ß ‘Missing Link’
Steins; Gate 0
If you wanna watch it in “chronological order’, do it as a rewatch to the series.
Dec 14, 2022 7:48 PM

Oct 2019
Don't do that. Watch this completely and then watch Steins;Gate 0. The people who watch 0 before the ending of Steins;Gate probably watched the Star Wars prequels before the main trilogy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

803 by SciADV_Maniac »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Yesterday, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.