Forum Settings
Forums

Original Anime 'Pole Princess!!' Announced [Update 11/30]

New
Nov 25, 2022 6:32 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Avex Pictures and Tatsunoko Production opened an official website for an original anime titled Pole Princess!! on Friday and revealed the main staff, cast, and a teaser visual (pictured).

Cast
Hinano Hoshikita: Rio Tsuchiya (Cue!)
Lilia Saijou: Anna Suzuki (Waccha PriMagi!)
Mio Tousaka: Yui Ogura (Hug tto! Precure)
Subaru Nanyo: Minami Hinata (Ousama Ranking)

Staff
Director: Hitomi Ezoe (Donten ni Warau: Gaiden assistant director)
Script: Touko Machida (Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!)
CG Director: Yoshihiro Otobe (PriPara)
Original Character Design: Tomari (Spy Kyoushitsu)
Music: Kenta Higashiooji (Princess Connect! Re:Dive)
Music Production: Avex Pictures
Pole Dance Supervision: KAORI (Studio Transform)
Studio: Tatsunoko Production

Announcement

Official site: https://poleprincess.jp/
Official Twitter: @polpri_staff

Source: Comic Natalie

Pole Princess!! on MAL

Update November 30
The official website of the Pole Princess!! original anime revealed on Wednesday four additional cast members, all members of the story's group Aile D'Ange.

Cast
Yukari Mikoshiro: Yoshino Nanjou (Love Live! School Idol Project)
Sana Murafuji: Rina Hidaka (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari)
Noa Aoi: Saori Hayami (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.)
Azumi Shinou: Rie Kugimiya (The iDOLM@STER)

VindstotJan 14, 2023 12:12 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 25, 2022 6:40 AM

Jan 2009
pole dancing and its not lewd eh

inb4 the 3DCG hate begins
Nov 25, 2022 6:40 AM

Jul 2015
Is this our long awaited Pole Dancing anime?
As an actual Pole, I am kinda hyped.

Nov 25, 2022 6:44 AM

Jul 2021
LMAO has Japan finally run out of ideas hahahaha. oh I'm so watching this, the girls are fine af
Nov 25, 2022 6:51 AM

Apr 2014
The concept is new and quite interesting. I also like the character design.
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 25, 2022 7:03 AM

May 2020
People thrash the overabundance of isekai/fantasy, but fail to notice the ever equal amount of all girls shows every season.
Nov 25, 2022 7:05 AM

Feb 2012
Oh fugg stripper anime with CGI.
Nov 25, 2022 7:24 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Softhenic03 said:
People thrash the overabundance of isekai/fantasy, but fail to notice the ever equal amount of all girls shows every season.

🧢

I WISH there was an "ever equal amount" of all female anime
Nov 25, 2022 7:31 AM
Feb 2017
A pole dancing anime.
An anime about freaking pole dancing.
This is not a drill.
Nov 25, 2022 7:58 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Congrats you guys for having another anime full of eye candies for you men.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 25, 2022 8:26 AM

Nov 2008
Nice premise, but....

1. You can't really go the wholesome route with pole dancing, it's a sexual dance period no matter if it's on the street, the club, or the studio. It needs heavy fanservice and embracing of sexuality.

2. They are dressing it up to be a primetime idol anime, seriously parents groups in Japan have a cow over a much smaller stunt with Pripara. This is not for kids.

3. Also idols pole dancing? Only agencies like Vshojo and AV agencies would allow such a thing.

We have the most controversial anime in Japan here.

Nov 25, 2022 8:46 AM

Aug 2021
Interesting premise, pole dancing is usually associated with eroticism, but it is a dance like any other. I'm excited to see how this anime turns out.

Nov 25, 2022 9:02 AM

Aug 2008
Cute girls doing cute striptease might be the first "cute girls doing cute shit" type of anime I can get behind. I can't even say "jokes aside", since they basically made a series around the joke. At least it's more believable than girls operating war machines or taking a field trip to the pole. Oh wait...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 25, 2022 9:04 AM

May 2021
how does shit like this get out of the planning room lmao. looking forward to watching CG (def not erotic) pole dancing.
Nov 25, 2022 10:30 AM

Apr 2020
How the hell did we get an anime about pole dancing before one about breakdancing?
Nov 25, 2022 10:33 AM
suii

Dec 2018
daddyjunkowo said:
LMAO has Japan finally run out of ideas hahahaha. oh I'm so watching this, the girls are fine af
haha :D next thing you know they make guy stripper anime lol
Nov 25, 2022 10:40 AM

Apr 2012
Advertisement for another waifu mobile game?
Nov 25, 2022 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
RobertBobert said:

Nope, this is the next Pretty series styled anime.

Nov 25, 2022 10:45 AM

Apr 2012
Hoppy said:
RobertBobert said:

What do you have in mind? Another waifu bait for those who non-ironically watch every idol show?
Nov 25, 2022 10:50 AM

Nov 2008
RobertBobert said:
Hoppy said:

What do you have in mind? Another waifu bait for those who non-ironically watch every idol show?

I think this is the next shoujo idol anime like Pripara or more closely Pretty Rhythm, the reason why they chose pole dancing for a primetime idol anime is beyond me, when idols can't even pole dance in Hololive and Hololive isn't even for kids.

Nov 25, 2022 10:54 AM

Apr 2012
Hoppy said:
RobertBobert said:

I think this is the next shoujo idol anime like Pripara or more closely Pretty Rhythm, the reason why they chose pole dancing for a primetime idol anime is beyond me, when idols can't even pole dance in Hololive and Hololive isn't even for kids.

Well, the idea of ​​beautiful girls pole dancing as a show for kids makes me think badly of the infamous beauty show for kids.
Nov 25, 2022 12:12 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
More fodder for the seasonal fire.
Nov 25, 2022 12:22 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Oh look, the next 5.70 anime for MyAnimeList in the making.
Nov 25, 2022 12:48 PM

Sep 2009
Menternor said:
How the hell did we get an anime about pole dancing before one about breakdancing?

There was one I'm sure. Just aimed in younger audience.
Nov 25, 2022 1:46 PM

Jan 2022
The fact that they're trying to make this as innocent as possible despite what the premise entails is interesting to say the least. I'm surprised that they didn't go the R-15, full-fanservice route honestly.

Nov 25, 2022 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
HatsuneYugi39 said:
The fact that they're trying to make this as innocent as possible despite what the premise entails is interesting to say the least. I'm surprised that they didn't go the R-15, full-fanservice route honestly.

Maybe they're using a Jump/PreCure trick. When a technically innocent teenage girl friendship show satisfies adult male fantasies of homoerotic sexualized interaction on a subtext level. However, judging by SM, I think that the male brain is capable of doing this even without clever marketing.
Nov 25, 2022 3:15 PM

Aug 2014
I’m fine with this as long as they don’t try to market it as some family friendly kids show.
Nov 25, 2022 3:47 PM

Oct 2010
for a moment there I was actually excited, then I saw the pv, why make a stripper anime with no strippers?
Nov 25, 2022 6:14 PM

Jan 2022
RobertBobert said:
HatsuneYugi39 said:

Maybe they're using a Jump/PreCure trick. When a technically innocent teenage girl friendship show satisfies adult male fantasies of homoerotic sexualized interaction on a subtext level. However, judging by SM, I think that the male brain is capable of doing this even without clever marketing.
Yeah, that makes sense if this is indeed that kind of anime, I just wasn't expecting the less innocent elements to be this blatant. OT, but speaking of subtext, I have a theory that there hasn't actually been a reduction in the amount of anime being produced for a female target audience, it's just that most of them are all male gacha game adaptations now. It seems that both genders fantasize about idealized homosocial relationships apparently, lol.

Nov 26, 2022 3:02 AM

Apr 2012
HatsuneYugi39 said:
RobertBobert said:

Yeah, that makes sense if this is indeed that kind of anime, I just wasn't expecting the less innocent elements to be this blatant. OT, but speaking of subtext, I have a theory that there hasn't actually been a reduction in the amount of anime being produced for a female target audience, it's just that most of them are all male gacha game adaptations now. It seems that both genders fantasize about idealized homosocial relationships apparently, lol.

Well the joke about Pixiv doing yuri on any show with more than one female character is there for a reason lol.
Nov 26, 2022 4:05 AM
Jan 2020
Pole dancing is a sport. There are many people practising it in a non-sexual context (there are even children doing it). We've already had a few idol x sports anime. If the trailer had ecchi undertones I could understand the commotion here, but the emphasis seems to be much more on elegance and beauty. Obviously, the creators know very well what kind associations fans will have. Even so, I think portraying pole dance in a 'wholesome' light in the anime isn't wrong or weird.

That said, I purely base this on the current promotional material. If the characters turn out be minors, RobertBobert's comparison with kids' beaty shows is completely justified

Edit: Never mind, I just read the synopsis and the mc is 17 years old, so yeah...
Chiorashi-kunNov 26, 2022 7:30 AM
Nov 26, 2022 9:51 PM
Oct 2016
Chiorashi-kun said:
Pole dancing is a sport. There are many people practising it in a non-sexual context (there are even children doing it). We've already had a few idol x sports anime. If the trailer had ecchi undertones I could understand the commotion here, but the emphasis seems to be much more on elegance and beauty. Obviously, the creators know very well what kind associations fans will have. Even so, I think portraying pole dance in a 'wholesome' light in the anime isn't wrong or weird.

That said, I purely base this on the current promotional material. If the characters turn out be minors, RobertBobert's comparison with kids' beaty shows is completely justified

Edit: Never mind, I just read the synopsis and the mc is 17 years old, so yeah...

you may have backtracked on your own point lol. is it or is it not okay for kids to pole dance in a non-sexual manner? to me the sexual connotation of pole dancing will always severely overshadow any kind of wholesome veneer people may try to paint over it
Nov 27, 2022 6:50 AM

Sep 2017
I recognize that art style anywhere. That's Tomari.

Also, to the people complaining about CG, it doesn't even look that bad. Ya'll just looking for anything to complain. Go watch D4DJ.

Also, people complaining it's sexual, not judging your kinks but just because you've only watching sexual pole dancing doesn't mean every pole dancing is sexual.
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~
Nov 27, 2022 9:46 AM

Oct 2017
Pole dancing idol show?
Nov 27, 2022 1:55 PM
Jan 2020
XxEMOxKONATAxX said:
Chiorashi-kun said:

you may have backtracked on your own point lol. is it or is it not okay for kids to pole dance in a non-sexual manner? to me the sexual connotation of pole dancing will always severely overshadow any kind of wholesome veneer people may try to paint over it

Yeah sorry, my post was a little bit messy. I should've made a clear distinction between pole dancing as exercise and as performance. I think the former is fine for anyone to do. How strong the sexual connotation of performed pole dancing is will depend on the person, but I reconsidered, and I think there's a point in saying that sensuality is an inheerent part of the sport. I still think that there is no necessity in doubling down on sexuality to make this premise work, but it would be kind of weird to not have a single mention of things like engaging and being comfortable with the public gaze, confidence in your own body etc. This is why the mc being a minor does feel problematic to me (hence the comparison with kids' beauty shows). And honestly, I couldn't help but be cynically amused at her being 17, because that's the magical number, far removed from an 'ignorant' little child or a tween, but still not an actual mature adult who 'has lost their innocence'. Like, is it that hard to knock it up two or three years?
Nov 28, 2022 3:04 AM

Dec 2018
Awwww they are so cute. I hope they are little lesbian pole dancers, that like to kiss each other all day long,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I love that there are only cute girls on the casting list, This might be something that suits my taste

Yuri-CrusaderNov 28, 2022 4:11 AM
Nov 28, 2022 4:47 AM

Apr 2012
XxEMOxKONATAxX said:
Chiorashi-kun said:

We live in a world where children can participate in very sexualized beauty pageants and it's completely legal. Even despite the criticism and satire in pop culture.
Nov 28, 2022 4:50 AM

Jan 2021
I remember there was another pole dancing manga (that most likely wasn't a hentai). Maybe that would be adapted one day as well after this.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 28, 2022 7:04 PM

Oct 2022
So it finally happened. I wonder how they're going to justify it in the plot.
Like it has to be some National Competition right? Like it's not going to take place in a seedy nightclub...
And why are there.. black shorts underneath. Where have we gone as a society since Najica Blitz Tactics?
Nov 29, 2022 8:02 AM

Jul 2019
Very cute character design, I'll give it a chance to watch.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Nov 29, 2022 10:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
If she's not stripping I don't want it
Nov 30, 2022 7:36 AM

Jan 2018
DatRandomDude said:
Avex Pictures and Tatsunoko Production opened an official website for an original television anime titled Pole Princess!! on Friday and revealed the main staff, cast, and a teaser visual (pictured).

Cast

Staff

Announcement

Pole Princess!! on MAL
I feel like this anime is an excuse to watch degenerate things and say it has a plot... personally I like it LOL
Nov 30, 2022 8:41 AM

Feb 2021
Konan_Edogawa_ said:
DatRandomDude said:
Avex Pictures and Tatsunoko Production opened an official website for an original television anime titled Pole Princess!! on Friday and revealed the main staff, cast, and a teaser visual (pictured).

Cast

Staff

Announcement

Pole Princess!! on MAL
I feel like this anime is an excuse to watch degenerate things and say it has a plot... personally I like it LOL

Yes, plot in dancing around the pole. Very good plot indeed, I agree.
Nov 30, 2022 3:45 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
News Update
The official website of the Pole Princess!! original television anime revealed on Wednesday four additional cast members, all members of the story's group Aile D'Ange.

Cast
Yukari Mikoshiro: Yoshino Nanjou (Love Live! School Idol Project)
Sana Murafuji: Rina Hidaka (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari)
Noa Aoi: Saori Hayami (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.)
Azumi Shinou: Rie Kugimiya (The iDOLM@STER)

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

25 by ZXEAN »»
14 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
7 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.