New
Nov 23, 2022 3:12 AM

Jan 2019
Which anime did u hate after the hype?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 23, 2022 3:19 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Demon slayer... But it was a huge disappointment afterwards as I found out after thoroughly researching that it's just a copy paste work

Nov 23, 2022 3:24 AM

Feb 2019
Unless Kakegurui and Rent a Girlfriend were "hyped" shows, none

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Nov 23, 2022 3:28 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Kill La Kill, everyone was talking on how good it was back then and when I watched it, it was disgusting and so bad I couldn't even finish the first episode.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 23, 2022 3:30 AM

Aug 2012
Rinrinka said:
Kill La Kill, everyone was talking on how good it was back then and when I watched it, it was disgusting and so bad I couldn't even finish the first episode.

I lasted 3. I still don't know how...
Nov 23, 2022 3:31 AM

Aug 2022
watched monogatari cause of all the hype surrounding it in anime community...but it turned out to be another trashy ecchi-harem anime.

also, mushoku tensi is another overhyped generic isekai shit.
Nov 23, 2022 3:31 AM

Dec 2020
Violet Evergarden. I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either. Had to force myself to sit through it because I'm too much of a completionist and don't drop anime.

Nov 23, 2022 3:34 AM

Aug 2022
Rinrinka said:
i dropped it after 5 minutes after realising its a trigger anime
Nov 23, 2022 3:39 AM
Oct 2020
DaOnePieceIsReal said:
watched monogatari cause of all the hype surrounding it in anime community...but it turned out to be another trashy ecchi-harem anime.

Wdym lol. Monogatari is literally a deconstruction of the harem anime "genre". Just because it has the elements (which in needs to have to tackle it), doesn't mean it falls right into the clutches of the "trashy harem" thingy. But it is true that it has a lot of ecchi scenes lol.
Nov 23, 2022 3:41 AM

Sep 2020
Vinland saga. I didn't hate it, I was just disappointed. Spy X family as well.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 23, 2022 3:43 AM

Aug 2022
bakedmonogatari said:
DaOnePieceIsReal said:

Wdym lol. Monogatari is literally a deconstruction of the harem anime "genre". Just because it has the elements (which in needs to have to tackle it), doesn't mean it falls right into the clutches of the "trashy harem" thingy. But it is true that it has a lot of ecchi scenes lol.

>Monogatari is literally a deconstruction of the harem anime "genre"

sanest monogatari fan lol
Nov 23, 2022 3:45 AM

Feb 2020
Mushoku Tensei I don't know how anyone can watch that anime with literally the worst MC I have ever seen in any fiction. I made it to the 3rd or 4th episode and dropped it.
Nov 23, 2022 3:45 AM
Oct 2020
DaOnePieceIsReal said:
bakedmonogatari said:

>Monogatari is literally a deconstruction of the harem anime "genre"

sanest monogatari fan lol

Wdym by that? I saw all of the characters become more fleshed out throughout the story and not just be stuck on their tropey anime archetypes.
Nov 23, 2022 3:54 AM

Jun 2017
WolfSaber said:
Mushoku Tensei I don't know how anyone can watch that anime with literally the worst MC I have ever seen in any fiction. I made it to the 3rd or 4th episode and dropped it.

Rudeus is one of the best MC I've seen in anime
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Nov 23, 2022 3:55 AM

Sep 2018
I remember liking Bunny Girl Senpai when it was airing, but I hadn't watched many anime back then (I used to be a manga reader). Then the movie came out and it was one of the worst piece of shit I've ever seen in my life.

Now I'm not sure whether the franchise a whole is terrible (basically blaming my inexperience) or just the movie. After watching Monogatari, I'm more inclined towards the former.
Nov 23, 2022 3:58 AM

Sep 2014
I agree with monogatari. I tried it thinking it was a complex story until I realized it's one of the most shallow and pointless anime I've ever seen. Basically, what was supposed to be original was just lame comedy that brought barely anything to the plot with a touch of surrealistic environments that gets really boring after a while. Boring anime overall. I would also liked the ecchi, but it was a shaft anime and they are extremely incompetent when it comes to art. It's just disgusting.

I also have similar thoughts for Kill la Kill. I realized you needed to have brain damage to enjoy Kill la Kill.
Nov 23, 2022 4:06 AM

Dec 2020
Nirinbo said:
I remember liking Bunny Girl Senpai when it was airing

This reminds me, I didn't like Bunny Girl senpai either. Bunny Girl Senpai was just an inferior version of monogatari series.

Nov 23, 2022 4:08 AM

Jun 2017
Oh boy, there are many examples. Code Geass is impossible to take seriously
Madoka Magica's storytelling is embarrassingly bad (especially the sequel movie that was completely unnecessary)
Fruits Basket is the reason why I hate shoujo (Karekano was good though)
I don't hate 86 but it pretends to be a serious war drama while it's just a melodrama and Nouzen is a stereotypical male character written by a female author.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Nov 23, 2022 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
None, because I'm not influenced by other people's opinions, that's ridiculous.
Nov 23, 2022 4:14 AM

Oct 2018
There are some anime that I was hyped about and they ended up disappointing me, the biggest example is Angel Beats. Everyone everywhere told me that Angel Beats was the most depressing anime, but I don't think so.

Hype to hate never happened to me.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Nov 23, 2022 4:18 AM

Jul 2021
Neon Genesis Evangelion. Worst anime I have ever watched.
Nov 23, 2022 4:19 AM

Sep 2020
Maybe Hataraku Maou-sama! I don't hate it, but kind of disappointed, it was fine but not as good as I originally expected.
Nov 23, 2022 4:24 AM
Feb 2020
Dropped Tokyo revengers on 1St episode saw all the hype started it again couldn't get past the 8th episode... hated every second of it
Nov 23, 2022 4:27 AM

Aug 2022
JaniSIr said:
is that allowed? i thought we are talking about anime which we watch at the time they were hyped. i don't think Neon Genesis Evangelion is that much hyped now.

if it counts then... it's also the worst anime i have seen.
Nov 23, 2022 4:38 AM

Mar 2022
samsince04 said:
Vinland saga. I didn't hate it, I was just disappointed.

Yep, this should be Vinland Saga at least. I was walking into it expecting sort of a "proper" medieval show but it had naruto run, backflips and other nonsense.

Generally speaking there were quite many of those over the years whenever you get to watch the "next best thing ever" to be left disappointed.
Soul Eater might be one of those. Art style was extremely off putting for me.
Attack on Titan. For me it dropped off a cliff at some point around Season 3-4 (?).
Re:ZERO. Every next Season made it even worse. While it has moments.
Horimiya, Shikimori and Rent a girlfriend. I saw so much praise to them and it was a major let down. It's so bland I can't even. /s
Evangelion. Like uuuuhhhh...
Nov 23, 2022 4:46 AM

Jul 2021
banana fish. read that it was an excellent series on several sites including MAL also the rating is decent. after watching that it made me realize that high rating doesn't necessarily mean i will enjoy it.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 23, 2022 4:48 AM

Jul 2021
DaOnePieceIsReal said:
JaniSIr said:
is that allowed? i thought we are talking about anime which we watch at the time they were hyped. i don't think Neon Genesis Evangelion is that much hyped now.

if it counts then... it's also the worst anime i have seen.

I don't know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There was an Eva movie released recently, that I have watched, and was also rather garbage.
Nov 23, 2022 4:55 AM

Nov 2020
No one, the only manga I started because of hype is Chainsaw Man and I liked it

Nov 23, 2022 5:29 AM

Feb 2020
Ping Pong, NGE, Demon Slayer, Konosuba, etc.
Nov 23, 2022 5:41 AM

Sep 2021
Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Black Butler, Madoka Magica and Re: Zero

I actually still like Re: Zero a lot, its just that when I first watched it I was just beyond hyped about it
but for the others, meh
Nov 23, 2022 8:28 AM
Nov 2022
Attack on titan, Demon Slayer and Mob Psycho
Nov 23, 2022 8:46 AM
Oct 2022
Cowboy Bebop. It barely had any character development or growth. Every character was basically the same at the end as they were at the beginning. Little to no story with long breaks between story and each it starts telling the story again it was basically a rehash of the story that was told before but in a slightly new way. The episodic nature made it more boring and I am one who can enjoy episodic or slice of life animes but Cowboy Bebop was just boring. It wasted a interesting concept of interstellar bounty hunting. It’s overrated and overhyped.
Nov 23, 2022 9:18 AM
Nov 2021
-Spy X Family :no explaination needed
-Demon Slayer :Same as SxF
-Tokyo Revengers :Why do people even watch TR it doesn't even have good animation to cover the dogshit story.
-Mob Psycho: 1st season was terrible , 2nd was good and also people too much hype this show.
-Prison School : JUST WHY
-Dress-up Darling : also why
Akil29Nov 23, 2022 9:25 AM
Nov 23, 2022 9:50 AM
Nov 2017
Rinrinka said:

Oh boi, kill la kill sucks giant dick. This was one of the biggest disappointments in hyped up shows for me.

* ok, objectively it's not that bad, but it's not what people make it out to be

Edit: Spy x Family is also confusing as shit. I mean its not bad, but wtf lol
Nov 23, 2022 10:02 AM

Dec 2021
Ijiranaide Nagotoro-San. I didn't like this show.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Nov 23, 2022 10:08 AM

Apr 2012
Sometimes it seems to me that people create such topics just to give the haters a chance to get a minute of fame.
Nov 23, 2022 12:50 PM

Dec 2021
Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. Other than the animation I don't like anything about it.
Nov 23, 2022 1:09 PM
Nov 2022
It's jobless reincarnation. Cuz i didn't expect the creepy and weird fan service
Nov 23, 2022 1:29 PM

Sep 2020
Many of them, specially the rom-com ones like Komi.
Nov 23, 2022 1:40 PM

May 2020
bakedmonogatari said:
DaOnePieceIsReal said:

That was a troll account. It can be safely ignored.
Nov 23, 2022 1:41 PM

Dec 2019
bakedmonogatari said:
DaOnePieceIsReal said:

Wait, can you explain how Monogatari is a deconstruction of the harem genre? A deconstruction is supposed to criticize a genre or trope. What does Monogatari say about the harem genre?
Sure, it deals with themes about romance and heartbreak, but that isn't exclusive to a harem anime. I don't watch harem anime, so I can't really tell what it could say.
Nov 23, 2022 1:53 PM

Dec 2019
Not the anime, but I really didn't like the Blue Lock manga. The whole thing really didn't sit well with me. I guess that what happens if you are deliberately trying to get the most egoistical people you possibly could. I don't like the characters.
I don't really hate stuff all that often.
Nov 23, 2022 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
Hate is a strong word, I found simply that most things are just overrated
Nov 23, 2022 2:36 PM

Jan 2019
Cyberpunk Edgerunners is one of worst thing i watched in my life yet somehow all normies are praising it.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Nov 23, 2022 3:02 PM

Dec 2020
Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood
Monster
Erased
Mushoku Tensei : Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu
Boku No Hero Academia
One Punch Man
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tokai Revengers (this was utter bullshit)
Kyoukai No Kanata
Kimi No Na Wa
No Game No Life
Tower Of god

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Nov 24, 2022 6:32 AM
Oct 2020
fluffycow17 said:
bakedmonogatari said:

Wait, can you explain how Monogatari is a deconstruction of the harem genre? A deconstruction is supposed to criticize a genre or trope. What does Monogatari say about the harem genre?
Sure, it deals with themes about romance and heartbreak, but that isn't exclusive to a harem anime. I don't watch harem anime, so I can't really tell what it could say.

I meant deconstruction like it breaks down elements that are mostly just barely or not at all touched more in generic trashy harems. Like, for example, Sodachi Oikura, when you see her with her twintails and hating on the main character, if you have watched some harem anime, you'll most likely associate her with the tsundere archetype. But if you've seen her arc, you know that that's not the case at all. Long story short, there's characters and relationships in Monogatari that you could typically associate with trashy harem tropes at first glance, but the show breaks it down and gives it more depth. I hope you get my point lol, sorry for making this kinda long.
Nov 24, 2022 6:42 AM

Sep 2022
Demon Slayer was disappointing as hell. I watched it because my friends were fanboying over it and I really wanted to like it so I could agree with them on it.
Nov 24, 2022 7:25 AM

Mar 2021
Black clover (clown ass manga, was so pissed off i still haven't added it to my list)
Bleach (another case of mediocrity being overhyped by retards)
Tensura
God of highschool
Gantz
Record of ragnarok
Class of elite
Nov 24, 2022 7:30 AM

Dec 2021
Horimiya.
The hype about this anime was insane but it didn't deliver that good show. I was really disappointed.
Hope to find that distinct person.
Nov 24, 2022 7:52 AM

May 2021
Classroom of the elite. Made me wish I could reverse my age and go back to school just so I can bully some edgy teenager trying to imitate Ayanokoji into committing suicide
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 4 hours ago

38 by Zettaiken »»
8 minutes ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

171 by sodaJar »»
29 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

122 by neolucaman »»
39 minutes ago

» Reason versus emotion in the perception of anime

RobertBobert - Apr 14

5 by TRC_Randy »»
54 minutes ago

» What anime can be considered "the Evangelion of x"?

Eternal-Destiny - Dec 9, 2023

43 by AzafuseKingTora »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.