Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2022 2:40 PM
Jun 2022
CrystaLyse said:
Did he just killed Alexia. I don't see the reason to...

No alexia atacked him.You can see that his neck is halfed at the last scene with the girl holding the books.He is apparently just that strong that he doesn't need to circulate blood to live.Its his own blood we see.
Nov 3, 2022 2:40 PM
Jun 2022
That voice when he siad I Am Atomic.Its gonna make me gay.
Nov 3, 2022 3:42 PM
Feb 2021
I thought the princess would have recognized him but apparently not. And who is the girl at the end??
Nov 3, 2022 3:48 PM

May 2019
DoomsMark said:
viperhc said:
Ok this was over the top but I guess that is how this anime will go. I think Cid could've killed Zenon without that atomic explosion that appeared to have wiped out part of the city (how many innocent bystanders died from that? Yeah I'm probably overthinking that.)

I was a bit surprised that Cid dumped Alexia and I'm guessing that was Cid's blood on the wall? In other words, I'm assuming Alexia got so mad that she attacked Cid and Cid took the hit and maybe healed himself afterwards? I believe it was said that no one was missing so I doubt it was Alexia's blood. It looks like Iris, Alexia's sister, knows that there are some traitors in the school since she had two of her trusted guys join an investigation team. Lastly, Cid needs to get himself cleaned up and I'm curious who the new girl is.

I don't think it was a surprise Cid dumped Alexia anyway. Alexia wanted a relationship with him because she wanted to break away her engagement with Zenon, and dating Cid , a below par guy, seemed a good choice for her. Cid didn't broke up right after hearing that because he wanted to play the role of a ordinary mob character and do what he was told to. But now he had a choice and Alexia no more needed Cid for a reason , so Cid who had no interest in Alexia (till now; I have not read the LN so I dont know what happens later), broke up with her.

I see, ok I understand better from Cid's perspective but another thing that surprised me was Alexia wanting to continue the relationship. As you said, Alexia wanted a below par guy because of Zenon but now that he's gone I figured she would've dumped Cid and moved on. Did she know that Shadow was Cid? If so then that makes some sense.
Nov 3, 2022 3:51 PM
Nov 2021
Music did the good

Top-class engrish

Already on to the next romance?

Oh no, there's a fake

He just started punching him

Goodbye
Nov 3, 2022 4:16 PM

Mar 2014
Oh so that monster the baron or whatever daughter, I kinda wanna see a bit of her backstory but I guess her role is over. And the rest is another predictable cringey battle by the mc.... Moving on
Nov 3, 2022 4:18 PM

Mar 2020
CrystaLyse said:

Because he is Atomic
Nov 3, 2022 4:30 PM

Oct 2011
viperhc said:
DoomsMark said:

I don't think it was a surprise Cid dumped Alexia anyway. Alexia wanted a relationship with him because she wanted to break away her engagement with Zenon, and dating Cid , a below par guy, seemed a good choice for her. Cid didn't broke up right after hearing that because he wanted to play the role of a ordinary mob character and do what he was told to. But now he had a choice and Alexia no more needed Cid for a reason , so Cid who had no interest in Alexia (till now; I have not read the LN so I dont know what happens later), broke up with her.

I see, ok I understand better from Cid's perspective but another thing that surprised me was Alexia wanting to continue the relationship. As you said, Alexia wanted a below par guy because of Zenon but now that he's gone I figured she would've dumped Cid and moved on. Did she know that Shadow was Cid? If so then that makes some sense.

This is what I am asking myself too. Is she aware, or does she suspect, that Cid is Shadow? Does anyone know?
Nov 3, 2022 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
Hufenbacke said:
viperhc said:

This is what I am asking myself too. Is she aware, or does she suspect, that Cid is Shadow? Does anyone know?
Why would anyone suspect Cid when he's the perfectly average unassuming background character? lol
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Nov 3, 2022 8:54 PM

Feb 2018
That fight was actually better than I thought it would be, even if the outcome was predictable,except from the damage to the surroundings.
The way that Alpha dealt with the other one was also surprising, since I wasn't expecting her to be able to do something so powerful.
I hope they come across some other enemies that can actually put up a fight.
Still don't get how she wasn't able to recognise him, since his hair doesn't make much of a difference.
Overall I would say that this has been my favourite episode so far, and has actually given me a better opinion of the series (I've not been looking forward to watching it).
Nov 3, 2022 9:02 PM
Oct 2021
This show is the definition of my personal “up my alley” type of show. I wish I had started watching this after the season aired because I hate waiting a whole week for the next episode. I appreciate the witty inner dialogue, the bucking of some anime norms, and the idea that the protagonist has such a silly selfish goal in mind and then spawned a whole cult of personality around it
Nov 3, 2022 9:23 PM

Feb 2017
Ok so reading some replies and giving it some thought, people say it's doing an OPM plus the mc is playing a role, so basically overlord only that instead of trying to take over the world he wants to be "the shadow that fights the shadows" yet he almost made his secret organization public with that nuke, also if the nuke was just he flexing why was the princess left alive if he doesn't care about the public?

Heck I would have liked the scene better if he did something like what Mob did during the Hanazawa fight and rebuild the whole city so that everyone wonders if what just happen actually did happen.
Nov 3, 2022 9:41 PM
Dec 2017
Epic animasi battle
Nov 3, 2022 9:57 PM
Nov 2022
I AM ATOMIC... sheeeeesh
Nov 3, 2022 11:36 PM
Jul 2020
I though this series was mid, but then it went on ATOMIC level. Also Cid rejecting Alexia gived me Top G energy.
Nov 4, 2022 12:33 AM
Jan 2022
lol Cid is great. sad to see Alexia go tho, she's cute. Wonder if she'll try to figure him out and track him down later.
Nov 4, 2022 3:30 AM
Jan 2021
That show is actually really good, loving it so far.
Nov 4, 2022 3:36 AM

Jan 2012
Lol, so edgy. Still somewhat fun though.
Nov 4, 2022 4:33 AM
Jul 2017
The_EXAM said:
That's gonna leave a tsar.

Best comment award
Nov 4, 2022 4:34 AM
Jul 2017
pasanoid said:
Miraikane said:

why you still watch if you hate?

is it that hard to stay away from anime you hate?

You know, it's so easy for me to stay away from anime I don't like.
already dropped it, thanks for nothing. was just my way of saying goodbye to it

Most well-adjusted MAL user
Nov 4, 2022 7:36 AM
Jan 2021
I Am Atomic. Amazing.
Nov 4, 2022 7:47 AM
Apr 2020
I AM ATOMIC
THAT SHIT IS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Nov 4, 2022 8:12 AM

Oct 2008
Still an EDGY show...nuff' said.
2/5.

Nov 4, 2022 9:36 AM

Aug 2019
The only thing that really bothered me was that Alexia didn't realize the shadow's true identity, it was a wasted opportunity.
Give me spoiler, eventually someone will know?

Nov 4, 2022 11:35 AM
May 2022
CrystaLyse said:

I believed there was a chance that he did up until the last scene. Unless the blood on him was from Alexia which could be but I sort of don’t think this anime is going to commit to such a morally corrupt protagonist.
The reasons I thought he had killed Alexia though are A) the atomic attack proves Cid isn’t a morally good dude since he didn’t know whether or not the city was evacuated and it seemed as if he understood the extent of the damage that attack would cause before casting it (though I have absolutely no idea where he would’ve been able to test it) and B) I assumed that he might’ve killed Alexia because he was worried she discovered his identity.
I get that it’s a tsundere trope (? Not sure if this is the best name for it but seems to occur most with tsundere characters from what I’ve seen) for the girl to attack the MC after letting themselves be vulnerable and getting rejected but killing Alexia seems to be in alignment with how the MC has behaved this episode and what we know of his motives. It would be weird to have him kill her right after saying her but maybe her “rescue attempt” was more about thwarting the cult rather than trying to help the innocent.
Nov 4, 2022 4:45 PM
Oct 2020
sasuga shadow-sama
Nov 4, 2022 5:02 PM

Dec 2012
I am ATOMIC!
He nukes the city lol

Nov 4, 2022 6:05 PM

Feb 2022
Luxeraph said:
Ok so reading some replies and giving it some thought, people say it's doing an OPM plus the mc is playing a role, so basically overlord only that instead of trying to take over the world he wants to be "the shadow that fights the shadows" yet he almost made his secret organization public with that nuke, also if the nuke was just he flexing why was the princess left alive if he doesn't care about the public?

Heck I would have liked the scene better if he did something like what Mob did during the Hanazawa fight and rebuild the whole city so that everyone wonders if what just happen actually did happen.

but, mob not rebuild the whole city when fight with the Boss, right ?

Nov 4, 2022 6:31 PM
Sep 2022
I... Am... Atomic !
Nov 4, 2022 7:15 PM
Dec 2020
sotlganihai said:
where did the blood come from? ;-;

blood is for shadow after shadow refused she hurt shadow with her sword
Nov 4, 2022 8:30 PM

Apr 2016
III AAMMMM ATOMIC
Nov 4, 2022 10:32 PM

Dec 2018
this is the best isekai in a while; i am truly surprised. lol at that atomic shit, guy totally blew up a town just to kill one guy.
Nov 5, 2022 1:51 AM
Aug 2020
I really liked it. IDK why people are so hyped about the Atomic part. I'm exited for the Mob Fu personally
Nov 5, 2022 2:29 AM
Jun 2021
action is very god because mc is overpower
Nov 5, 2022 3:11 AM
Jan 2018
I Am.................... Atomic
Nov 5, 2022 4:46 AM
Oct 2020
Como esse episódio foi lindo e esse final simplesmente perfeito. Como ele trata sobre os temas de força e amor. Por isso do culto que foi criado. Determinar o que é certo e errado são para poucos que tem convicção, força e poder para isso.
Estou no nível em mal-badges. Veja meus emblemas.
Nov 5, 2022 5:27 AM
Oct 2022
Robin0910 said:
Why did he nuke the city? He killed innocent civilians and obliterated that part causing heavy financial damages. He didn’t have to do that to save Alexia. Also his maids are so edgy that it’s cringe and forceful. Also the fights weren’t any interesting.
Overall a boring and forceful episode, well at least he rejected her and didn’t keep being a gold digger.

why cid nuke the entire city is for one reason.he want the world to know him and if you think cid is a hero or a good MC than you shouldnt watch this series.this series is for people who actually dont mind if the main character a villain (like death note) or a badass cringy edgelord.
Nov 5, 2022 5:31 AM
Aug 2020
Love the execution in this episode, animation was done well. Great episode.
Nov 5, 2022 6:15 AM

Sep 2018
Robin0910 said:
Why did he nuke the city? He killed innocent civilians and obliterated that part causing heavy financial damages. He didn’t have to do that to save Alexia. Also his maids are so edgy that it’s cringe and forceful. Also the fights weren’t any interesting.
Overall a boring and forceful episode, well at least he rejected her and didn’t keep being a gold digger.

Heavy financial damages!!!

What exactly is going through your brain while watching this?

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 5, 2022 7:41 AM
Aug 2021
I.... AM..... ATOMIKKU!!!
Nov 5, 2022 8:56 AM

Apr 2021
DJayEJay said:
I really liked it. IDK why people are so hyped about the Atomic part. I'm exited for the Mob Fu personally

To be honest, the way he blew up the city after saying "I am atomic" was kinda cool
Nov 5, 2022 9:03 AM
Feb 2020
Good story line and World Building even in isekai
Nov 5, 2022 12:29 PM

Jun 2020
viperhc said:
DoomsMark said:

No, I think thats the generic isekai shit of her liking him now for saying that he likes her fencing style. That is a really shitty explanation, but considering it as an isekai, it will be generic and shitty.
Nov 5, 2022 2:09 PM

Oct 2008
PLEANDJDKKS I cant breathe I laughed so hard at “I am atomic”, this is the best worst show of the season.
Nov 5, 2022 5:00 PM

Sep 2018
Lightsrevenge said:

I was surprised hearing the name Zeta. It’s seems their recruitment is going well...

Did I miss something about Zeta?

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 5, 2022 6:45 PM

Oct 2021
DoomsMark said:
viperhc said:

he likes her fencing style.

There are at least 3 reasons, but yeah this is one of them.
Nov 5, 2022 6:50 PM

Aug 2014
This show is so good. The mix of humour and action is very well balanced. Also this edgy kid have an original taste for naming his skill imo "I am Atomic" is kinda hilarious for a skill name XD
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Nov 5, 2022 6:55 PM

Oct 2021
Luxeraph said:

Because the mc is a narcissist chuunibyou. He does care about public & innocent, just not that much. Definitely not a good guy, but not quite evil either.
Nov 5, 2022 7:29 PM
Apr 2018
pretty sollid! Especially the animation was great this ep.
Nov 5, 2022 7:48 PM

Feb 2009
Very good, both the story and the characters, I'm loving it.

I'm atomic kkkkkkk
it was epic

Muito bom, tanto a história quanto os personagens, estou amando.

Eu sou atômico
foi épico
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2022

310 by MrYare »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

186 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

765 by BlaiseAuto »»
Sep 4, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

149 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

193 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.