Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 30, 2022 7:31 AM

Jul 2020
The official website for the High Card original television anime revealed three additional cast members on Friday. The anime is scheduled to premiere in January 2023.

Cast
Norman Kingstat: Toshihiko Seki (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
Blist Blitz Broadhurst: Shunsuke Takeuchi (Ao Ashi)
Brandy Blumenthal: Mie Sonozaki (Kingdom)

Junichi Wada (Sakugan) is helming the anime at Studio Hibari. Kenichi Yamashita (Major 2nd), Kazuhiko Inukai (Baki), and Shingo Nagai (Caligula (TV)) are penning the script. Nozomi Kawano (Radiant) is designing the characters, and Ryou Takahashi (SK∞) is composing the music.

The anime is part of a mixed media project collaboration between Kadokawa, pachinko developer Sammy Corporation, and animation studio TMS Entertainment. Their project also includes a manga, drama CD, and novel.

Kakegurui manga author Homura Kawamoto and Hikaru Muno (Kakegurui light novel) are credited as the original creators. Illustrator Ebimo is in charge of the character designs.

Source: animate Times
no
Sep 30, 2022 7:46 AM

Apr 2012
I understand that they hired the Kakerugui writer most likely because of their ability to write complex mind games, but I still find it hard to accept that they will be writing an almost all-male show.
Sep 30, 2022 8:02 AM

Apr 2016
RobertBobert said:
I understand that they hired the Kakerugui writer most likely because of their ability to write complex mind games, but I still find it hard to accept that they will be writing an almost all-male show.

It's not like anyone's gonna watch this for "mind games".
Sep 30, 2022 8:16 AM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
RobertBobert said:

It's not like anyone's gonna watch this for "mind games".

It's possible, but given the situation with Hibike and Free, they'll still say they're doing it solely because of how smart and deep the show is lol.
Sep 30, 2022 9:46 AM

Feb 2021
More famous people take part in voicing. Great! Hope that it will be interesting to watch!
Sep 30, 2022 11:11 AM

Feb 2020
RobertBobert said:

Kakerugui is a show which is almost all female show. This show has playing in a similar way just with opposite gender. It the usual variety trick which author/creators uses. Could be Wrong, but I don't think it's all studio choice
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 30, 2022 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
Adampk said:
RobertBobert said:

Kakerugui is a show which is almost all female show. This show has playing in a similar way just with opposite gender. It the usual variety trick which author/creators uses. Could be Wrong, but I don't think it's all studio choice

Can you imagine an all-male version of Kakegurui without a smile? Me too. Given the author's work and preferences, I still highly doubt this was their idea.
Sep 30, 2022 11:22 AM

Feb 2020
RobertBobert said:
Adampk said:

Can you imagine an all-male version of Kakegurui without a smile? Me too. Given the author's work and preferences, I still highly doubt this was their idea.

Well, manga Subsidiary is running in shonen magazine. It could be simply like K anime
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 30, 2022 11:30 AM

Apr 2012
Adampk said:
RobertBobert said:

Well, manga Subsidiary is running in shonen magazine. It could be simply like K anime

Author K has always worked on all-male work and I don't think it's appropriate to talk about a shonen audience when we're talking about an all-male manga that gets published in a men's magazine just in an attempt to reach a wider audience. Basically, this is a purely work for a female audience.
Sep 30, 2022 11:44 AM

Feb 2020
RobertBobert said:
Adampk said:

Author K has always worked on all-male work and I don't think it's appropriate to talk about a shonen audience when we're talking about an all-male manga that gets published in a men's magazine just in an attempt to reach a wider audience. Basically, this is a purely work for a female audience.

Nah, almost all of k creators worked on non all male works. (Like Kouhei Azano - Tokyo raven, Black Blood Brothers, Yashichiro, Takahashi - Shakugan no Shana, Hideyuki Furuhashi -Boku no Hero Illegals etc).

Also Manga is written by Homura Kawamoto (Kakegurui writer) rather than a seperate creator. Which is why I brought it up in the conversation.
BIO

Sep 30, 2022 11:48 AM

Apr 2012
Adampk said:
RobertBobert said:

Nah, almost all of k creators worked on non all male works. (Like Kouhei Azano - Tokyo raven, Black Blood Brothers, Yashichiro, Takahashi - Shakugan no Shana, Hideyuki Furuhashi -Boku no Hero Illegals etc).

Also Manga is written by Homura Kawamoto (Kakegurui writer) rather than a seperate creator. Which is why I brought it up in the conversation.

Which does not negate the fact that this project was created exclusively to work on all-male content for a female audience. K is not like the work of any of them, by the way.

That must be something surprising considering he's a mangaka?
Oct 1, 2022 12:18 AM
Oct 2020
Momotaros meet Teddy from Kamen Rider Den-O
Oct 1, 2022 7:11 PM

Jan 2016
i find it hilarious that the creator just makes card game anime and thats it

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Oct 3, 2022 9:57 AM
Dec 2017
so basically kakeguri but with dudes in it

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.