Forum Settings
Forums

'Ars no Kyojuu' Original Anime Announced for Winter 2023

New
Sep 27, 2022 8:37 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
Internet company DMM.com and animation studio Asahi Production announced an original anime titled Ars no Kyojuu (Giant Beasts of Ars) on Tuesday. They also opened an official website, revealing the main staff, cast, teaser promotional video, and a teaser visual (pictured). The anime is scheduled to broadcast in January 2023.

Cast
Kuumi: Hina Youmiya (Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru)
Jiiro: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Made in Abyss)
Myaa: Yuu Serizawa (Tonikaku Kawaii)
Meran: Hiromu Mineta (Blue Period)
Romana: Youko Hikasa (Hataraku Maou-sama!)

Staff
Director: Akira Oguro (Namu Amida Butsu!: Rendai Utena)
Original Character Design: Ashito Ooyari (Kita e.: Diamond Dust Drops)
Series Composition, Script: Norimitsu Kaihou (Gakkougurashi!)
Character Design: Hiroshi Shimizu (Megalo Box), Masato Katou (Peach Boy Riverside)
Music: Shuuji Katayama (Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?), Akinari Suzuki (Show by Rock!! Stars!!)
Studio: Asahi Production

Teaser PV

Official site: https://ars-giant.com/
Official Twitter: @ars_giant

Source: Comic Natalie

Ars no Kyojuu on MAL
DatRandomDudeSep 28, 2022 6:14 AM
Sep 27, 2022 8:45 AM

Oct 2017
Mixed feelings after watching the teaser. Fmc looks cute though.
Sep 27, 2022 8:55 AM

Feb 2018
Looks like AoT but 10 times better. Definitely will watch
Sep 27, 2022 8:56 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This looks kinda promising, more anime to watch later :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 27, 2022 9:04 AM

Feb 2021
Reminds me of Bahamut watching the trailer. Looks interesting.
Sep 27, 2022 9:29 AM

Jan 2009
Giant Beast of Ass? joking aside that trailer looks good so i might check it out
Sep 27, 2022 9:39 AM
Nov 2020
Taller Woman, I’m in
YozarouSep 27, 2022 9:43 AM
Sep 27, 2022 9:54 AM

Apr 2012
Can anyone explain to me the rationale behind hiring CGDCT writers to write action stories, while action fantasy writers are being hired to write CGDCT?
Sep 27, 2022 10:30 AM

Sep 2009
RobertBobert said:
Can anyone explain to me the rationale behind hiring CGDCT writers to write action stories, while action fantasy writers are being hired to write CGDCT?

Norimitsu Kaiho - CGDCT writer. Are you trolling?
Sep 27, 2022 10:32 AM

Apr 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
RobertBobert said:

Compared to this project, GakkouGurashi is CGDCT. This manga even has an appropriate audience in the west who don't care about anything other than ships and moe.
Sep 27, 2022 10:35 AM

Sep 2009
RobertBobert said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Compared to this project, GakkouGurashi is CGDCT. This manga even has an appropriate audience in the west who don't care about anything other than ships and moe.

And? He wrote a bunch of action VNs/manga besides it.
Sep 27, 2022 10:38 AM

Apr 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
RobertBobert said:

And, he wrote a bunch of action VNs/manga besides it.

Yep, most of which are either non-action or lowkey adaptations. Man, he can write a good dark thriller, but shonen-ish action? What experience does he have in this?
Sep 27, 2022 11:07 AM

Sep 2020
Asahi Production 💀💀💀
Sep 27, 2022 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
I'd expect them to flex all that money they get from hosting a craptong of gacha games and running some banking services like Cygames did with their gacha money, but it doesn't seem so. Well, at least it not being "cute girls doing bullshit", idols or isekai is already making it worth checking out. Though the director and scrip writer having nothing worth mentioning among their past projects plus couple of bad eggs is quite worrisome.
AntanaruSep 27, 2022 11:48 AM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 27, 2022 12:45 PM

Jan 2020
Antanaru said:
I'd expect them to flex all that money they get from hosting a craptong of gacha games and running some banking services like Cygames did with their gacha money, but it doesn't seem so. Well, at least it not being "cute girls doing bullshit", idols or isekai is already making it worth checking out. Though the director and scrip writer having nothing worth mentioning among their past projects plus couple of bad eggs is quite worrisome.
Thank you for pointing out the “cute girls doing bs” and idol anime. People only crap on isekai and forget that isekai is not the only overpopulated genre now. Isekai slander is widespread and warranted, yet if someone dare say anything bad about CGDCT, people go after you, at least in my experience.
Sep 27, 2022 1:01 PM

Dec 2015
looks interesting. :) i actually found the teaser PV on my YT feed first. before logging into MAL today.

when are you guys going to put a listing of the show up so i can tag it for 'watch later'?
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Sep 27, 2022 1:06 PM

Dec 2015
Animillion said:
Antanaru said:
Thank you for pointing out the “cute girls doing bs” and idol anime. People only crap on isekai and forget that isekai is not the only overpopulated genre now. Isekai slander is widespread and warranted, yet if someone dare say anything bad about CGDCT, people go after you, at least in my experience.

SLANDER about ANY genre is bullcrap and should be harshly punished. also, if it is written/printed statements... as on the internet... say here. it's called libel. slander is legally defined as a spoken word. but if somebody is purposefully lying or trying to ruin any genre's image, they should be dealt with!

i personally dislike the idol and sports genres of anime. but i don't actively go out of my way to influence people about them.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Sep 27, 2022 1:15 PM

Dec 2015
Antanaru said:

did you even READ Kaihou Norimitsu the script writer/series composition filmography and printed materials here on MAL?

true, this is Oguro Akira the director's second 'head boss' job. but he has been a key animator, animation director, and a few other jobs.
Sep 27, 2022 1:18 PM

Dec 2015
RobertBobert said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

And, he wrote a bunch of action VNs/manga besides it.

Yep, most of which are either non-action or lowkey adaptations. Man, he can write a good dark thriller, but shonen-ish action? What experience does he have in this?

shonen-ish action... here, just read the list for yourself since you seem to have skipped a few titles: https://myanimelist.net/people/6333/ start with the finale movie to Guilty Crown and move forwards to the more recent works.
Sep 27, 2022 1:18 PM

Apr 2012
Animillion said:
Antanaru said:

By the way, yes. But I would remove the "now" because those genres were over the top even before isekai came into existence.
Sep 27, 2022 1:20 PM

Apr 2012
KiliianSleipnir said:
Animillion said:

SLANDER about ANY genre is bullcrap and should be harshly punished. also, if it is written/printed statements... as on the internet... say here. it's called libel. slander is legally defined as a spoken word. but if somebody is purposefully lying or trying to ruin any genre's image, they should be dealt with!

i personally dislike the idol and sports genres of anime. but i don't actively go out of my way to influence people about them.

Huh, there were people who literally spread slander against the authors of one of the manga because they hated anime. Yes, some haters are ready to go even that far.
Sep 27, 2022 1:22 PM

Apr 2012
KiliianSleipnir said:
RobertBobert said:

shonen-ish action... here, just read the list for yourself since you seem to have skipped a few titles: https://myanimelist.net/people/6333/ start with the finale movie to Guilty Crown and move forwards to the more recent works.

Since when is a manga adaptation of Guilty Gear a good experience in writing a shonen-ish show?
Sep 27, 2022 1:29 PM

Jan 2020
RobertBobert said:
Animillion said:

By the way, yes. But I would remove the "now" because those genres were over the top even before isekai came into existence.

I guess I just noticed how prevalent these types of anime are recently due to the increase in their popularity. This season really stood out to me with just how many there were.
Sep 27, 2022 1:29 PM

Mar 2019
Yay! Original anime, that name surely doesn't translate well into English though. The chosen warriors of god fight against a boring looking giant who is trying to break into a city, kind of boring. Character designs look kind of uninteresting to be honest. Well I guess we will see what comes of this, also what's up with the plane?
Sep 27, 2022 1:31 PM

Apr 2012
Animillion said:
RobertBobert said:

I guess I just noticed how prevalent these types of anime are recently due to the increase in their popularity. This season really stood out to me with just how many there were.

Well, the classic example of genre abuse is when writers start making cheesy premise to stand out. CGDCT went through this phase back in the mid-10s. A large number of internal parodies can also symbolize this.
Sep 27, 2022 1:35 PM

Aug 2008
KiliianSleipnir said:
Antanaru said:

did you even READ Kaihou Norimitsu the script writer/series composition filmography and printed materials here on MAL?

true, this is Oguro Akira the director's second 'head boss' job. but he has been a key animator, animation director, and a few other jobs.
Yes and I see Kanata no Astra (garbage), Luck & Logic (garbage), Guilty Crown (garbage) OVA, Gakkougurashi (cute girls doing shit) and some manga-after-anime leftovers.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 27, 2022 1:41 PM

Jan 2020
Antanaru said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

Yes and I see Kanata no Astra (garbage), Luck & Logic (garbage), Guilty Crown (garbage) OVA, Gakkougurashi (cute girls doing shit) and some manga-after-anime leftovers.

I actually liked Astra lost in Space, but to each their own
Sep 27, 2022 3:31 PM

Jul 2013
Gakkougurashi really getting slandered for no reason. It is a fantastic show that isn't just girls doing cute shit.
Sep 27, 2022 6:23 PM
Apr 2021
Honestly looks like it's going to be a steaming pile of shit (discount AoT visuals, uninteresting battle-shounen vibes), but hey who knows.
Sep 27, 2022 6:34 PM

Apr 2022
Isn't Youko mostly known for her role as Mio now and forever?
Calal-Chan said:
Gakkougurashi really getting slandered for no reason. It is a fantastic show that isn't just girls doing cute shit.

It became Resident Evil (live action). What did you expect?
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Sep 27, 2022 6:46 PM

Jul 2013
LoveScope said:
Isn't Youko mostly known for her role as Mio now and forever?
Calal-Chan said:

It became Resident Evil (live action). What did you expect?

I mean yeah the live action one is bad XD
Sep 27, 2022 10:28 PM

Mar 2014
It doesn't look bad... Maybe I'll check it out
Sep 28, 2022 4:11 PM

Apr 2015
Looks like another'multimedia project' ad for a short running mobile game
Sep 29, 2022 4:02 AM

Dec 2015
Antanaru said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

yikes, what are you? the evil parallel dimension Siskel and Ebert's love-child?

Astra? not garbage, it wasn't god-tier but it wasn't garbage.

L&L? ARE YOU BLEEPING serious? that series was visually gorgeous, definitely not some half-arsed hack-job adaptation, and that was GOOD anime!

GC conclusion? ok. either you're just here to troll or your eyeballs are deeply damaged and you need some glasses/surgery or something.

not that i know diddly about Gakkougurashi.... but by reading the review from ZephSilver Sep 24, 2015 with 493 thumbs up... YOU don't know any more about the show than i did before reading ZephSilver's review. did you miss the whole ZOMBIES part of that show?
Sep 29, 2022 4:04 AM

Dec 2015
RobertBobert said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

Since when is a manga adaptation of Guilty Gear a good experience in writing a shonen-ish show?

re-read that filmography one more time and check his credited role on Guilty Crown. he wrote the anime script.
Sep 29, 2022 4:24 AM

Dec 2015
RobertBobert said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

Huh, there were people who literally spread slander against the authors of one of the manga because they hated anime. Yes, some haters are ready to go even that far.

well if you see it, report it. :) i doubt the MAL rules will let folks just come out and openly lie slash trash bash and whatnot. the majority of the 'really flaming hot piles of crap' people i've come across on MAL don't keep their profiles long because normal folks keep reporting those 'dirty bastards' and whatnot. those 'DB' have to keep churning out dummy profile after dummy profile to keep their greedy and tiny hearts beating like miniscule evil drums.

i'm not talking about heated debates, and reasonable disagreements, or just plain 'you are SOOO off your rocker i cannot talk to you at all!' kinds of things. i'm talking about deliberate and predetermined malice aforethought writings, specifically meant to injure a person or persons' image (or other entity/object) in some way.

i spent 14+ years in the US Army as a Military Policeman. i came across one unnamed individual's unmentionable writings here on MAL and after finishing it? i was about one minute away from digging through Google and getting the FBI, NSA, and a few other police agencies' addresses and emailing them a long and detailed transcript and screenshots and more... that person's writings set off so many 'red flags' in my head i felt like i was at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and EVERY marching band's flag-squad was waving crimson fabric.

then i stopped and figured, 'ah what the heck, i'll try it.' i shot a report up to the MAL folks and about ahh... i think it was 2 to 3 days later i got a lil form letter in my MAL box stating that persons' writings had been deleted and their profile was being reviewed.

so, in my experience? the reporting system does work. now, what 'da rules of MAL' actually say about what you experienced? shrug! heck if i know! :D read em yourself and see if your experience meshes with some form of some rule violation.
Sep 29, 2022 4:31 AM

Apr 2012
KiliianSleipnir said:
RobertBobert said:

re-read that filmography one more time and check his credited role on Guilty Crown. he wrote the anime script.

...for a prequel episode, not the anime itself.

KiliianSleipnir said:
RobertBobert said:

well if you see it, report it. :) i doubt the MAL rules will let folks just come out and openly lie slash trash bash and whatnot. the majority of the 'really flaming hot piles of crap' people i've come across on MAL don't keep their profiles long because normal folks keep reporting those 'dirty bastards' and whatnot. those 'DB' have to keep churning out dummy profile after dummy profile to keep their greedy and tiny hearts beating like miniscule evil drums.

i'm not talking about heated debates, and reasonable disagreements, or just plain 'you are SOOO off your rocker i cannot talk to you at all!' kinds of things. i'm talking about deliberate and predetermined malice aforethought writings, specifically meant to injure a person or persons' image (or other entity/object) in some way.

i spent 14+ years in the US Army as a Military Policeman. i came across one unnamed individual's unmentionable writings here on MAL and after finishing it? i was about one minute away from digging through Google and getting the FBI, NSA, and a few other police agencies' addresses and emailing them a long and detailed transcript and screenshots and more... that person's writings set off so many 'red flags' in my head i felt like i was at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and EVERY marching band's flag-squad was waving crimson fabric.

then i stopped and figured, 'ah what the heck, i'll try it.' i shot a report up to the MAL folks and about ahh... i think it was 2 to 3 days later i got a lil form letter in my MAL box stating that persons' writings had been deleted and their profile was being reviewed.

so, in my experience? the reporting system does work. now, what 'da rules of MAL' actually say about what you experienced? shrug! heck if i know! :D read em yourself and see if your experience meshes with some form of some rule violation.

Umm...okay, I guess?
Sep 29, 2022 4:54 AM

Dec 2015
RobertBobert said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

ahhahhh! :o damn i screwed that one up! thanks for calling my attention to my LACK of attention! :D i thought that was the CONCLUSION movie for GC not the prequel. DOH! .forehead smack.

Gunslinger Stratos The Animation, that one does certainly sound shonen. MC is a high-school boy.

Neppuu Kairiku Bushi Road... mhm that one sounds shonen as well.

Akudama Drive... well i did watch this one. the first 6 episodes. shonen? nah. this one edges too far into seinen for me to consider it for under 18 consumption.

so Mr. Norimitsu isn't ENTIRELY in-experienced writing/working on shonen scripts.
Sep 29, 2022 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
KiliianSleipnir said:
RobertBobert said:

ahhahhh! :o damn i screwed that one up! thanks for calling my attention to my LACK of attention! :D i thought that was the CONCLUSION movie for GC not the prequel. DOH! .forehead smack.

Gunslinger Stratos The Animation, that one does certainly sound shonen. MC is a high-school boy.

Akudama Drive... well i did watch this one. the first 6 episodes. shonen? nah. this one edges too far into seinen for me to consider it for under 18 consumption.

so Mr. Norimitsu isn't ENTIRELY in-experienced writing/working on shonen scripts.

If all shows with teen boys were considered action shonen, then every BL mangaka would be a shonen master. Not to mention that the mere fact of writing a show doesn't mean you have a good experience with it.
Sep 29, 2022 4:11 PM

Dec 2015
RobertBobert said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

If all shows with teen boys were considered action shonen, then every BL mangaka would be a shonen master. Not to mention that the mere fact of writing a show doesn't mean you have a good experience with it.

interesting but incorrect premises all around. almost every sentence was incorrect. you flipped the genre entirely to one that OBVIOUSLY isn't shonen action etc. by using BL ... not quite the coherent discussion point. also, not all BL is teen boys... last time i checked there were four? adult male ones in TV/movies ... maybe 3? in this year alone? i don't follow that genre at all so i just have a vague inkling there was a couple.

shrug, it's just like the idea if i threw into the ring GL/yuri/lesbian books and inserted that into a discussion about non-shojo romance writers doing shojo romance scripts.

i didn't say Mr. Norimitsu is highly, or greatly, or even impressively experienced... i said he wasn't ENTIRELY in-experienced. you do one thing once, that gives you an experience. you do it twice, i would guess that gains you twice the experience.

also, i was originally looking at just shonen. originally you stated, "but shonen-ish action" and "Since when is a manga adaptation of Guilty Gear a good experience in writing a shonen-ish show?" i just said two of the titles he did scripts on sounded like they were shows aimed at the shonen age-bracket. if you read further into those two titles yes they ARE shonen action shows.

when HASN'T an adult or middle/high school aged (or younger) person being an author's main character meant that project was aimed at ... that exact same age bracket and probable sex of readers/viewers? the reader/viewer most closely identifies with the central personage of the writing. if the consumer is similar to the central character (in one or more ways) that leads to a more closely relatable experience for the consumer.

you wouldn't file Winnie The Poo in adult fiction shelves at the bookstore would you? Christopher Robin isn't exactly an action-adventure main character leading a spy-network of anthropomorphic animals to protect their woodland country from enemy agents of the pastures and grain-fields communal labor bloc.
Sep 29, 2022 4:46 PM

Apr 2012
KiliianSleipnir said:
RobertBobert said:

interesting but incorrect premises all around. almost every sentence was incorrect. you flipped the genre entirely to one that OBVIOUSLY isn't shonen action etc. by using BL ... not quite the coherent discussion point. also, not all BL is teen boys... last time i checked there were four? adult male ones in TV/movies ... maybe 3? in this year alone? i don't follow that genre at all so i just have a vague inkling there was a couple.

shrug, it's just like the idea if i threw into the ring GL/yuri/lesbian books and inserted that into a discussion about non-shojo romance writers doing shojo romance scripts.

i didn't say Mr. Norimitsu is highly, or greatly, or even impressively experienced... i said he wasn't ENTIRELY in-experienced. you do one thing once, that gives you an experience. you do it twice, i would guess that gains you twice the experience.

also, i was originally looking at just shonen. originally you stated, "but shonen-ish action" and "Since when is a manga adaptation of Guilty Gear a good experience in writing a shonen-ish show?" i just said two of the titles he did scripts on sounded like they were shows aimed at the shonen age-bracket. if you read further into those two titles yes they ARE shonen action shows.

when HASN'T an adult or middle/high school aged (or younger) person being an author's main character meant that project was aimed at ... that exact same age bracket and probable sex of readers/viewers? the reader/viewer most closely identifies with the central personage of the writing. if the consumer is similar to the central character (in one or more ways) that leads to a more closely relatable experience for the consumer.

you wouldn't file Winnie The Poo in adult fiction shelves at the bookstore would you? Christopher Robin isn't exactly an action-adventure main character leading a spy-network of anthropomorphic animals to protect their woodland country from enemy agents of the pastures and grain-fields communal labor bloc.

Oh, thank you for completely killing my motivation to discuss something with you, just starting to write walls of text and bombard me with massive amounts of scarecrows instead of thinking through the meaning of my short comment to the point. Goodbye.
Sep 29, 2022 4:53 PM

Dec 2015
RobertBobert said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

Oh, thank you for completely killing my motivation to discuss something with you, just starting to write walls of text and bombard me with massive amounts of scarecrows instead of thinking through the meaning of my short comment to the point. Goodbye.

cool, thanks for the effort. bye yourself.
Sep 30, 2022 5:54 AM

Feb 2019
So some lazy intern ripped NPCs from Granblue Fantasy and pasted them into an old copy of Monster Hunter? More like Giant Beasts of Arse.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 30, 2022 3:35 PM

Feb 2021
So this was revealed to be Sentai's first ever co-production, now I'm curious.

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.