Forum Settings
Forums

'Gokushufudou' Gets 2nd Season for January 2023

New
Sep 24, 2022 10:24 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The Netflix TUDUM Japan event announced a second anime season for Kousuke Oono's Gokushufudou (The Way of the Househusband) manga on Sunday. The new season will stream worldwide on Netflix in January 2023.

Chiaki Kon (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Nodame Cantabile: Paris-hen) is returning to direct the second season at J.C.Staff (Prison School, Amanchu!). Susumu Yamakawa (Back Street Girls: Gokudolls) is also returning to handle the series composition.

The first season premiered in two five-episode parts in April and October last year.

Oono began drawing the comedy slice of life manga in Kurage Bunch in February 2018. Shinchosha published the tenth volume on July 7. A ten-episode live-action drama adaptation aired in Japan from October to December in 2020.

Synopsis
Who would have ever thought that the most feared gangster of his time now spends his days as a modest househusband? Seemingly giving up the way of the yakuza, the legendary "Immortal Dragon" Tatsu, best known for his prolific skirmishes against rival gangs, has abruptly vanished. Unbeknownst to most, however, Tatsu is currently staying at an apartment with his wife, doing his best to live a peaceful life.

Donning his trusty apron, Tatsu is now striving to become an efficient homemaker. Because of this, he has mastered the required skills—be it cooking the most delicious dishes, making sure to get the best deals at supermarkets, and everything in between—garnering the surprise of both of his former subordinates and enemies alike. Despite being a man with quite a controversial past, Tatsu's new way of life will only be more eccentric from here on out! [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Source: Comic Natalie

Gokushufudou Season 2 on MAL
VindstotSep 25, 2022 2:30 AM

Sep 24, 2022 10:34 PM

Feb 2020
And who would've thought this was getting a 2nd season?

Not sure whether ill be interested to watch, cuz while i didn't care much about the animation, it just wasn't that funny
Sep 24, 2022 10:44 PM

Dec 2009
Glad to know it's so popular to get another season.
I look forward to seeing more of the manga animated. It is hilarious. Love it.
Sep 24, 2022 11:25 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Yes. This series was hilarious and I can't wait to see more of it.
Sep 24, 2022 11:56 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Now, that’s sweet!

TsudaKen-san sure has a lot on his plate.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 25, 2022 1:20 AM

Apr 2016
Will it still be in a slide presentation format ?

waalex11 said:
Glad to know it's so popular to get another season.

I would not call 5 episodes, 17+ minutes "so popular".
Sep 25, 2022 3:58 AM

Dec 2009
@Swagernator
No, it is. It's releasing in that amount due to where the manga is at at the moment.
If you read the manga, you'd understand the pacing of this.

Most anime are solely used to promote the manga and gain more income through other media like merchandise,

but if it isn't in demand from fans, with a lot of revenue, or extremely supported by the creator in demanding another, very few anime get a second season.

Exactly because it's so few short episodes, you'd expect this type of anime to not get a sequel.
It's "so popular" in the sense to warrant another season, is what I meant.
waalex11Sep 25, 2022 4:41 AM
Sep 25, 2022 4:01 AM

Feb 2021
I like the first season, it was so fun! Great that second season will air soon!
Sep 25, 2022 4:27 AM

Mar 2012
I love the manga but I wish it was properly animated and not a powerpoint slideshow.
Sep 25, 2022 5:47 AM
Jun 2019
The sequel to the best anime ever made. What wonderful news!
Sep 25, 2022 11:33 AM

Jan 2017
Great anime, I don't mind the powerpoint animation at all + I've heard from somewhere that the mangaka chose this format for the anime?¿
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Sep 25, 2022 1:42 PM

May 2021
Boazanian said:

Not sure whether ill be interested to watch, cuz while i didn't care much about the animation, it just wasn't that funny

Comedy is subjective so the fact that you didn't find it funny doesn't mean anything....
Sep 25, 2022 1:46 PM

May 2021
PirateHasan said:
Great anime, I don't mind the powerpoint animation at all + I've heard from somewhere that the mangaka chose this format for the anime?¿

Same. To be honest this type of "animation" fits so much for some reason.
Sep 25, 2022 1:49 PM

May 2021
Maou_heika said:
I love the manga but I wish it was properly animated and not a powerpoint slideshow.

No everything needs to have Bones type or quality of animation. In this case this type of animation works really good. If it didn't we wouldn't have a second season after all...
Sep 25, 2022 2:03 PM

Feb 2020
Yubisoft said:
Boazanian said:

Comedy is subjective so the fact that you didn't find it funny doesn't mean anything....

is it bad to state an opinion?
Sep 25, 2022 2:03 PM

Feb 2017
aaaa i love this series i'm so happy to see a new season :^) i have the first 2 volumes of the manga, but if they're gonna keep making more powerpoint presentations anime seasons then i don't know whether to keep investing in more manga volumes. don't really mind that it's not fully animated, it's still a funny story to me

placeholder text
Sep 25, 2022 2:27 PM

May 2021
Boazanian said:
Yubisoft said:

Of course not (and I don't have the authority to forbid you) but I think creating a review for this anime (when the anime finishes airing) is much better way to do that. Threads and especially this thread is not a place in my humble opinion to post reviews for anime and specifically anime that haven't released yet(of course this is not directed at you only) .
Sep 25, 2022 2:50 PM

Feb 2020
Yubisoft said:
Boazanian said:

Of course not (and I don't have the authority to forbid you) but I think creating a review for this anime (when the anime finishes airing) is much better way to do that. Threads and especially this thread is not a place in my humble opinion to post reviews for anime and specifically anime that haven't released yet(of course this is not directed at you only) .

oh, im no reviewer. Usually on threads and especially EP threads, is where id post my thoughts. And i was thinking maybe the 2nd season was gonna be pretty much the same as the 1st one, and for me the 1st was kinda meh. Tho i still plan on watching it anyway to see if it gets better
Sep 25, 2022 6:37 PM

May 2021
Cool, hopefully it'll be funny.

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
53 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

4 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.