Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru' Gets TV Anime in 2023

New
Sep 24, 2022 1:35 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The Aniplex Online Fest 2022 event announced on Saturday a television anime adaptation of Mashiro's Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru (Loving Yamada at Lv999) manga and revealed the main cast, staff, teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promotional video. The anime is scheduled to premiere in 2023.

Inori Minase (5-toubun no Hanayome) and Kouki Uchiyama (Horimiya) are starring as Akane Kinoshita and Akito Yamada, respectively.

Staff
Director: Morio Asaka (Chihayafuru)
Series Composition: Yasuhiro Nakanishi (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen)
Character Design: Kunihiko Hamada (Ore Monogatari!!)
Studio: Madhouse

Mashiro began serializing the romantic comedy manga in the Ganma! manga website in March 2019. Media Factory published the fifth volume on April 22. The Mangamo application is publishing the series in English digitally.

Synopsis
After her boyfriend cheats on her with another girl he met in-game, Akane Kinoshita learns the hard way that gamer boyfriends can be just as bad as the offline variety. As she vents her anger by beating mob monsters to a pulp, she has a chance encounter with Akito Yamada, a guildmate with an afro and Noh mask.

Yamada is unsociable and curt, hardly the type of person to make Akane swoon. However, while his gaming stats might be maxed out, Yamada is inexperienced in matters of the heart, and against all odds, she finds herself moved by him. Making new friends along the way, can Akane shake the heart of Yamada, a final boss-level high school boy? [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Teaser PV

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Official site: https://yamadalv999-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @yamada999_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru on MAL
DatRandomDudeSep 24, 2022 11:26 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2022 1:39 AM

Sep 2019
Looks interesting, PTW moment.
Sep 24, 2022 1:43 AM

Oct 2018
A new anime from Morio Asaka, my hype levels have reached Lv999.
Sep 24, 2022 1:52 AM

Apr 2012
Is this shoujo? Why does the synopsis look like this.
Sep 24, 2022 1:52 AM

Oct 2017
The cast is perfect.
Sep 24, 2022 2:05 AM
Apr 2020
Let's go!! I hadn't read the manga because it wasn't translated in print but now I can just wait for the anime :3
Sep 24, 2022 2:05 AM
Mar 2021
RobertBobert said:

wdym? It is indeeed shoujo and the synopsis looks normal to me (?)
Sep 24, 2022 2:09 AM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
it's josei. but yes, it's female oriented series. the manga actually have male lead as handsome and cool. i don't know why anime changed male character design to be more generic looking. i guess they try to appeal wider audience. tbf it's not much different from the manga, it's just not as ikemen like.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 24, 2022 2:10 AM

Apr 2012
husshtao said:
RobertBobert said:

Why do zoomers constantly assume that people complain when they ask something? There is no negative in my question.
Sep 24, 2022 2:12 AM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:
it's josei. but yes, it's female oriented series. the manga actually have male lead as handsome and cool. i don't know why anime changed male character design to be more generic looking. i guess they try to appeal wider audience. tbf it's not much different from the manga, it's just not as ikemen like.

I don't know what you call more generic, it looks like a typical cold ikemen to me. That's why I assumed it was shoujo.
Sep 24, 2022 2:22 AM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:

I don't know what you call more generic, it looks like a typical cold ikemen to me. That's why I assumed it was shoujo.
it doesn't have the striking ikeman appereance to me. he more look like kirito, lmao.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 24, 2022 2:28 AM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:

it doesn't have the striking ikeman appereance to me. he more look like kirito, lmao.

Kirito doesn't look as handsome or even attractive in terms of design to me. But this is a matter of taste.
Sep 24, 2022 2:31 AM
May 2016
I can't wait. Love Madhouse it's their second shoujo series this year and Staff is amazing.

PV is so beautiful

ninka22Sep 24, 2022 6:37 PM
Sep 24, 2022 2:37 AM

Feb 2021
RobertBobert said:

Yes, it is a typical generic shoujo.
Sep 24, 2022 2:41 AM

Apr 2012
Memore said:
RobertBobert said:

I'm not sure about the generic, but the story about the cold ikemen that gradually warms up thanks to the pure heroine is pretty classic, yes. It is strange that shonen and seinen have gradually abandoned this.
Sep 24, 2022 2:45 AM

Jan 2021
Well this was popular in Japan so not much surprised.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Sep 24, 2022 2:47 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm not used to seeing anime where the female MC has to win the heart of the guy, so I'm thoroughly interested in seeing this one lol
Sep 24, 2022 2:48 AM

Feb 2021
RobertBobert said:
Memore said:

I'm not sure about the generic, but the story about the cold ikemen that gradually warms up thanks to the pure heroine is pretty classic, yes. It is strange that shonen and seinen have gradually abandoned this.

I also would like more shonen and seinen adaptations. Good that Solo Leveling, Mashle, Shangri-La Frontier come next year.
Sep 24, 2022 3:13 AM
May 2016
Memore said:
RobertBobert said:

I also would like more shonen and seinen adaptations. Good that Solo Leveling, Mashle, Shangri-La Frontier come next year.

Poor you. must be hard when 99 % of anime is shoujo. You definitely need more generic shonen.
Sep 24, 2022 3:37 AM

Feb 2021
ninka22 said:
Memore said:

Poor you. must be hard when 99 % of anime is shoujo. You definitely need more generic shonen.

I am doing good, thanks. And your own statistics is wrong. There are many other works which are adapted into anime besides shoujo.
Sep 24, 2022 4:53 AM

Jul 2015
Synopsis is almost identical to gender swapped Netoge. Nice.

Sep 24, 2022 4:59 AM

Jun 2019
I'll be watching anything from MADHOUSE.
Sep 24, 2022 5:17 AM

Jul 2021
I didn't like the beginning of the story in the manga but as the story progresses, it gets pretty cute though there is some drama here and there but they were bearable.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 24, 2022 5:20 AM

Apr 2012
Holy corn, I just noticed that the MCs are going to be voiced by Inorin. She finally decided to resume her active career, huh?
Sep 24, 2022 6:31 AM

Sep 2020
Nice! Madhouse is the studio on this one.
Sep 24, 2022 6:45 AM

Jul 2021
I'm gonna be self inserting so hard to this HAHAHA also my queen itsuki's va voicing the protag?? ahhh I'm in love with this already <3
Sep 24, 2022 7:57 AM
Jul 2020
its uchiyama kouki and inorin omg i fkin love both of them so much 😍😍😍😍
Sep 24, 2022 8:03 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This might be interesting, so I'll probably watch this.
Sep 24, 2022 10:52 AM
Apr 2021
Tokoya said:
I'm not used to seeing anime where the female MC has to win the heart of the guy, so I'm thoroughly interested in seeing this one lol

There's quite a number of animes where the female MC tries to win the heart of the guy tbh. But also, that's not really how the story progresses. The anime might be different from the manga tho so
Sep 24, 2022 11:22 AM

Jul 2019
I didn't know the work, the PV and the synopsis made me want to know a little more, I'll probably watch it.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Sep 24, 2022 11:57 AM

Mar 2014
The pretty and popular FMC has to win the heart of the max level anti-social guy, not the other way? Now that's unusual.

Oh, it's josei/shoujo. Kinda rare to see a gaming version of those. The only one I remember is Recorvery of a MMORPG Junkie/Net-Ju.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Sep 24, 2022 12:41 PM
May 2018
Probably gonna watch it just because Ucchi
Sep 24, 2022 12:44 PM

Feb 2021
Pre_Yum said:

tispleb said:

From Monster, Hajime no Ippo, Perfect Blue, Nana, Trigun, Beck, Kiseijuu, Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin, Paprika and many other legendary anime studio started doing romcoms...
Sep 24, 2022 4:23 PM

Mar 2015
Memore said:
Pre_Yum said:

tispleb said:

From Monster, Hajime no Ippo, Perfect Blue, Nana, Trigun, Beck, Kiseijuu, Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin, Paprika and many other legendary anime studio started doing romcoms...
madhouse first anime lead project literally romance series and they also have lot romance title under their history.
Sep 24, 2022 6:15 PM

Dec 2014
So is this another generic rom-com that is filled with cringe kid humor and clichés that takes 12 episode to progress past blushing while holding hands, and a mc is an insecure mega virgin ?

Or is this something to actually watch ? (Yea i kinda dont like those "innocent romance" rom-coms that dont progress at all filled with childish humor)

Sep 24, 2022 10:05 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
20meu21 said:
Probably gonna watch it just because Ucchi
Took the words right out of my mouth! His voice definitely fits of the vibe of this MC.

I do wonder at what point of the manga the anime will adapt though since it's ongoing.

I see lot of talk here about whether or not this is a shoujo, and to put it simply, it's not.
p r o f i l e 👀
Sep 24, 2022 11:59 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Apparently, the source material is received quite well in Japan, so I’m curious to see what this is about. Certainly helps when you see Madhouse and RomCom together as well.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 25, 2022 1:43 AM

Oct 2018
Memore said:
Pre_Yum said:

tispleb said:

Nearly everything from this director is shoujo/josei and he's been working at Madhouse since the 90s. Moroever, the studio has made 300+ anime with diverse genre, cherry picking 9 anime out of all that doesn't prove anything. Even the studio's first project was a shoujo anime (Aim for the Ace).
Sep 25, 2022 1:44 AM
May 2016
Naruleach said:

I see lot of talk here about whether or not this is a shoujo, and to put it simply, it's not.

It' s a shoujo. Is that a problem that it's a shoujo?

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series/zhl8fvw/yamada-kun-to-lv999-no-koi-wo-suru

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_Yamada_at_Lv999!

crandall library
Sep 25, 2022 2:12 AM

Feb 2021
Etherius_ZS said:
Memore said:

Nearly everything from this director is shoujo/josei and he's been working at Madhouse since the 90s. Moroever, the studio has made 300+ anime with diverse genre, cherry picking 9 anime out of all that doesn't prove anything. Even the studio's first project was a shoujo anime (Aim for the Ace).

I don't pick anything, you are wrong. I stated their most famous works. In the past the studio did really great works.
Sep 25, 2022 2:16 AM

Feb 2021
Kuma said:
Memore said:

madhouse first anime lead project literally romance series and they also have lot romance title under their history.

I know, I wrote about their most famous works.
Sep 25, 2022 2:18 AM

Oct 2018
Memore said:
Etherius_ZS said:

I don't pick anything, you are wrong. I stated their most famous works. In the past the studio did really great works.

And?
You are trying to say the studio has never made any popular shoujo stuff then?

Another reason behind the influx of the shoujo adaptations is because apparently the leader of the studio changed last year.
Sep 25, 2022 2:21 AM

Feb 2021
Etherius_ZS said:
Memore said:

And?
You are trying to say the studio has never made any popular shoujo stuff then?

Another reason behind the influx of the shoujo adaptations is because apparently the leader of the studio changed last year.

No, they made shoujo works too.
Sep 25, 2022 2:29 AM

Oct 2018
@Memore Source for the change in leadership
Sep 25, 2022 2:33 AM

Feb 2021
Etherius_ZS said:
@Memore Source for the change in leadership

Ok, thanks for the information.
Sep 25, 2022 4:06 AM

Mar 2015
ninka22 said:
Naruleach said:

It' s a shoujo. Is that a problem that it's a shoujo?

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series/zhl8fvw/yamada-kun-to-lv999-no-koi-wo-suru

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_Yamada_at_Lv999!

crandall library

it's josei, not shoujo.
Sep 25, 2022 4:36 AM
May 2016
Memore said:
Pre_Yum said:

tispleb said:

Nana is a shoujo romance btw.

they although did Chihayafuru, Ore Monogatari!!, Paradise Kiss, Saiunkoku Monogatari and Cardcaptor Sakura. All shoujo/Josei with romance.
Sep 25, 2022 5:02 AM

Feb 2021
ninka22 said:
Memore said:

Nana is a shoujo romance btw.

they although did Chihayafuru, Ore Monogatari!!, Paradise Kiss, Saiunkoku Monogatari and Cardcaptor Sakura. All shoujo/Josei with romance.

Yes, you are right.
Sep 25, 2022 7:49 AM
Oct 2020
2 main casts from Heroines Run the Show are become love interest (again)
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM
Mar 2021
RobertBobert said:
husshtao said:

Why do zoomers constantly assume that people complain when they ask something? There is no negative in my question.

What part of my message made you think i was interpreting your question in a negative way? hahaha, I was just confused as to what part of the synopsis was hard to understand for you.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.