Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 21, 2022 2:52 PM

Sep 2014
I've been curious (and terrified) to know why some of you don't have a waifu yet.

Since there is no definitive description of what should be a waifu, pretty much anyone can have a waifu with the meaning they want to attach to them. Waifu culture is a culture of freedom and contentment. So how come people still refuse to embrace waifu culture?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2022 2:57 PM

Oct 2010
wait, there are some that don't have a waifu?
damn, I just can't imagine, I am shivering right now
Sep 21, 2022 3:05 PM

Dec 2015
Back in the days, I had a crunch on Boa and Saeko. I would never call them Waifu, as i just had something really similar to a crunch on them. That's all.

it was up to the point I started to play FGO and Azur Lane and I was sick and even as I was suck my reality went into deeper and deeper and even deeper in hell.

I started to really take Anime as a way to escape away from reality and the characters that I liked the in the game I played, started to mean even more and more and more and more.

Right now I have a few characters that means the world to me, it's a bit of a reason to go up each day. It puts a smile on my face when I see new fanart or open my phone where I have wallpapers of them.

The characters I would call waifu and Anime have saved my life I would say, as life have really been bad, really bad.

So for me I needed like a push in real life before I got a waifu.
I got a few figurens of them, miljon of fanart saved on my computer and have them as wallpapers where I can.

Maybe, it's hard for people to take this huge liking into a character, as it was for me.

Sep 21, 2022 3:05 PM

Nov 2015
No need for one, I haven't hit bottom yet.
and i guess

that i just don't know
Sep 21, 2022 3:11 PM
Jul 2021
Why have a waifu? Why bring into fantasy the problems of RL woman? I prefer dating boys/having husbandos because we (guys) are less problematic, that's why I have a real life husband and a couple husbandos, mainly neko/kitsune boyos that I'm attracted to and no, I don't consider them significant other. I already have a real one thank you very much.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Sep 21, 2022 3:12 PM

Sep 2014
Nillwas said:
Back in the days, I had a crunch on Boa and Saeko. I would never call them Waifu, as i just had something really similar to a crunch on them. That's all.

it was up to the point I started to play FGO and Azur Lane and I was sick and even as I was suck my reality went into deeper and deeper and even deeper in hell.

I started to really take Anime as a way to escape away from reality and the characters that I liked the in the game I played, started to mean even more and more and more and more.

Right now I have a few characters that means the world to me, it's a bit of a reason to go up each day. It puts a smile on my face when I see new fanart or open my phone where I have wallpapers of them.

The characters I would call waifu and Anime have saved my life I would say, as life have really been bad, really bad.

So for me I needed like a push in real life before I got a waifu.
I got a few figurens of them, miljon of fanart saved on my computer and have them as wallpapers where I can.

Maybe, it's hard for people to take this huge liking into a character, as it was for me.

This is based and wholesome. You understand what you're talking about.

chuuNTRon said:
No need for one, I haven't hit bottom yet.

Keep in mind that you can only go upward with a waifu.
Sep 21, 2022 3:21 PM

Jul 2016
High-quality harem is superior.

Some characters in mine: (starting with girls that are the same MBTI as me, ESTP)

Aina Kashiwazaki
Charlotte E. Yeager
Dimaria Yesta
Elsa Granhiert
Meifon Sakura
Mi-Sun Ma
Michiru Hyoudou
Mila (Dead or Alive fighting games)
Moon Young Lee
Moroha
Morrigan Aensland
Rio Kazama
Rouge the Bat
Tina Armstrong (Dead or Alive fighting games)

Ami Kawashima
Aria (Seiken no Blacksmith)
Astraea (Sora no Otoshimono: Forte)
Asuka Langley Soryu
Asuna Kagurazaka
Ayaka Kurusugawa
Ayane Mitsui (not sure what she is yet)
Claudia Enfield
Eiko Teruya (not sure what she is yet)
Erina Goldsmith (look her up on vndb for her bio) (I feel like she might be ESTP but not sure yet)
Erza Scarlet
Gertrud Barkhorn
Hakufu Sonsaku (Ikkitousen)
Haruhi Suzumiya
Haruka (Senran Kagura)
Ivy Valentine (Soulcalibur fighting games)
Junko Hattori
Kokoro Katsura
Kotonoha Katsura
Mai Shiranui
Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke
Nio Hashiri
Rana Linchen
Rangiku Matsumoto
Rei Ayanami
Reiko Hinomoto (Rumble Roses fighting games)
Rias Gremory
Rio Kazama
Ryuuko Matoi
Sakura Hagiwara
Sakura Kinomoto
Sakurako Miyagawa (not sure what she is yet)
Satsuki Kiryuuin
Sekai Saionji
Tomoyo Daidouji
Umeko Tamura
Yasuko Takasu

And basically every girl in @FutaWidowmaker and @kuroava's favorites are in my harem.
Manga + Characters in @BlackRicePoutine's favorites, too. (not Anime Favorites)

And characters here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2045824
IpreferEcchiSep 21, 2022 4:37 PM
Sep 21, 2022 3:30 PM

Mar 2020
What's the point? Like, genuinely.
💀😭😂🙏
Sep 21, 2022 3:48 PM

Dec 2019
I don't want future me looking back at the past and think "why tf was I in a parasocial relationship?"
Sep 21, 2022 4:00 PM

May 2022
Because of this...

But you know what, actually i have a waifu, i just don't call my girlfriend of that.
Who is gonna carry the boats and the logs? — David Goggins
Sep 21, 2022 4:07 PM

Sep 2022
Hrybami said:
I've been curious (and terrified) to know why some of you don't have a waifu yet.

Since there is no definitive description of what should be a waifu, pretty much anyone can have a waifu with the meaning they want to attach to them. Waifu culture is a culture of freedom and contentment. So how come people still refuse to embrace waifu culture?
Because I'm not a 35 year old basement dweller living off the money inherited from my deceased parents.
Sep 21, 2022 4:14 PM
Mar 2017
For the sake of jokes/favourite character (for a show or just in general) sure. Anything more than that no I don't take waifu culture that seriously.
Sep 21, 2022 4:26 PM

Feb 2022
I never saw the point or value in having one.
Sep 21, 2022 4:36 PM
May 2020
I don't want to marry an anime character.

You say that waifu "meaning they want to attach to them".
I have friends, I want to be with them, but that's platonic. Are my friends waifus of mine?
Sep 21, 2022 4:38 PM
May 2020
IpreferEcchi said:
High-quality harem is superior.

Some characters in mine: (starting with girls that are the same MBTI as me, ESTP)

Aina Kashiwazaki
Charlotte E. Yeager
Dimaria Yesta
Elsa Granhiert
Meifon Sakura
Mi-Sun Ma
Michiru Hyoudou
Mila (Dead or Alive fighting games)
Moon Young Lee
Moroha
Morrigan Aensland
Rio Kazama
Rouge the Bat
Tina Armstrong (Dead or Alive fighting games)

Ami Kawashima
Aria (Seiken no Blacksmith)
Astraea (Sora no Otoshimono: Forte)
Asuka Langley Soryu
Asuna Kagurazaka
Ayaka Kurusugawa
Ayane Mitsui (not sure what she is yet)
Claudia Enfield
Eiko Teruya (not sure what she is yet)
Erina Goldsmith (look her up on vndb for her bio) (I feel like she might be ESTP but not sure yet)
Erza Scarlet
Gertrud Barkhorn
Hakufu Sonsaku (Ikkitousen)
Haruhi Suzumiya
Haruka (Senran Kagura)
Ivy Valentine (Soulcalibur fighting games)
Junko Hattori
Kokoro Katsura
Kotonoha Katsura
Ma Mi-Sun
Mai Shiranui
Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke
Nio Hashiri
Rana Linchen
Rangiku Matsumoto
Rei Ayanami
Reiko Hinomoto (Rumble Roses fighting games)
Rias Gremory
Rio Kazama
Ryuuko Matoi
Sakura Hagiwara
Sakura Kinomoto
Sakurako Miyagawa (not sure what she is yet)
Satsuki Kiryuuin
Sekai Saionji
Tomoyo Daidouji
Umeko Tamura
Yasuko Takasu

And basically every girl in @FutaWidowmaker and @kuroava's favorites are in my harem.
Manga + Characters in @BlackRicePoutine's favorites, too. (not Anime Favorites)

And characters here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2045824

Your harem is... big. How do you imagine your relationship with them to be like? Why would they enter and stay in a relationship with you?
Sep 21, 2022 4:40 PM

Sep 2014
COTEisShitTier said:
Hrybami said:

Because I'm not a 35 year old basement dweller living off the money inherited from my deceased parents.

That doesn't answer the question. Also you can live in your basement if you want. I won't judge you for this.
Sep 21, 2022 4:41 PM

Sep 2022
Hrybami said:
COTEisShitTier said:

That doesn't answer the question. Also you can live in your basement if you want. I won't judge you for this.
Of course you won't. Your breed is the one guilty of it.
Sep 21, 2022 4:52 PM

Sep 2014
COTEisShitTier said:
Hrybami said:

Far from it. That's because unlike you, I'm not an insecure asshole.
Sep 21, 2022 4:53 PM

Jul 2016
ObserversAreFun said:
Your harem is... big. How do you imagine your relationship with them to be like? Why would they enter and stay in a relationship with you?

I select from the list which will be the lucky gals for the night. (I only do so many at once and then do the next ones the following night.)

I bring things to the table and my harem is girls that are idealistic or pervy just like me.
Sep 21, 2022 4:54 PM

Sep 2014
ObserversAreFun said:
I don't want to marry an anime character.

You say that waifu "meaning they want to attach to them".
I have friends, I want to be with them, but that's platonic. Are my friends waifus of mine?

I think it's pretty obvious a waifu is at least referring to an anime girl, or an anime entity at least.
Sep 21, 2022 4:59 PM

Oct 2016
In my case, you answered yourself, there's no clear definition of what a waifu is, thus I can't have something I don't even know what it is.
Sep 21, 2022 5:14 PM

Mar 2013
There is no need to have that kind of obsession.
Sep 21, 2022 5:15 PM

Sep 2022
Hrybami said:
COTEisShitTier said:

Sorry Mr Successful Man. You definitely have 0 insecurities if you're finding yourself making love to a drawing.
Sep 21, 2022 5:26 PM

Sep 2014
COTEisShitTier said:
Hrybami said:

Sorry Mr Successful Man. You definitely have 0 insecurities if you're finding yourself making love to a drawing.

This might happen... in your dreams. I am a smart man who knows what I want and manage to achieve my goals. Having a waifu is the epitome of a healthy life. But I guess it's too hard for you to fathom. I bless you.
Sep 21, 2022 5:28 PM

Sep 2022
Hrybami said:
COTEisShitTier said:

This might happen... in your dreams. I am a smart man who knows what I want and manage to achieve my goals. Having a waifu is the epitome of a healthy life. But I guess it's too hard for you to fathom. I bless you.

You give off the same vibe as The Deep from The Boys.
Sep 21, 2022 5:34 PM

May 2020
No idea what you're on about. Pretty sure most of us are set with our waifus...

Maybe try sleeping?

Sep 21, 2022 5:38 PM

Sep 2014
COTEisShitTier said:
Hrybami said:

I have absolutely no idea who that is, so I'm currently unable to react to that. You may try again.
Sep 21, 2022 5:41 PM

Sep 2022
Hrybami said:
COTEisShitTier said:

I have absolutely no idea who that is, so I'm currently unable to react to that. You may try again.
Hrybami said:
COTEisShitTier said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBQnlU0QRYI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLa5UgcbUBQ
Now you do
Sep 21, 2022 5:48 PM

Dec 2012
Because I have a semblance of dignity and pride as a human being I guess.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Sep 21, 2022 5:53 PM

Sep 2020
I have a waifu, and I love having one so much :) I often think about my waifu
Sep 21, 2022 5:57 PM

Sep 2014
Ymri said:

Wow you spent your very first post on my thread after 2 years. What a great way to make such good impressions (:
Sep 21, 2022 5:59 PM
May 2020
IpreferEcchi said:
ObserversAreFun said:

I select from the list which will be the lucky gals for the night. (I only do so many at once and then do the next ones the following night.)

I bring things to the table and my harem is girls that are idealistic or pervy just like me.

What "Things" do you bring to the table? What do you mean by idealistic?
Sep 21, 2022 6:04 PM

Sep 2020
Hrybami said:
Ymri said:

Wow you spent your very first post on my thread after 2 years. What a great way to make such good impressions (:

I usually don't browse the forum, that much, I mostly use the rest of the site haha
Sep 21, 2022 6:05 PM

Jul 2016
ObserversAreFun said:
What "Things" do you bring to the table? What do you mean by idealistic?

Things = good singing voice, hips like a girl, piano, agility, confidence, attention to detail.
Idealistic = wanting to reshape society to make things fun.
Sep 21, 2022 6:08 PM

Jan 2022
I don't even know what a Waifu is anymore and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
-insert NGE meme here-
Sep 21, 2022 6:15 PM

Nov 2010
Because they think it's cringe and weird, I guess? IMO, they're missing out. What if their wife/gf leaves or cheats on them or they still fail at getting a SO? They'll have nowhere to go and will probably fall into despair and go insane. Then next thing you know they'll end up in the news for shooting at people.
Sep 21, 2022 6:18 PM

Oct 2013
I'm not ready to commit myself to just one pair of fictional boobage.
Sep 21, 2022 6:21 PM

Sep 2014
MxS7HGS said:
Because they think it's cringe and weird, I guess? IMO, they're missing out. What if their wife/gf leaves or cheats on them or they still fail at getting a SO? They'll have nowhere to go and will probably fall into despair and go insane. Then next thing you know they'll end up in the news for shooting at people.

Yeah, classic waifu-less creeps. They are all the same.
Sep 21, 2022 6:32 PM

Jun 2017
Many people don't like to share. There are only so many female characters in existence. MAL has about 150K characters (ACD has 50K) and only a small fraction of those are waifuable females. And there are more than 10 millions of users. So if your waifu is (say) Isuzu Sento, you don't have a whole waifu. You're lucky if you get a nail clipping.

EDIT: For the record, I wouldn't say no to Sento's nail clippings.
TirinchasSep 21, 2022 7:48 PM

Sep 21, 2022 6:33 PM

Sep 2020
Hrybami said:
MxS7HGS said:

Pffft.. Yep, I agree :D
By the way, can I ask you guys who your waifu is oO?
Sep 21, 2022 6:41 PM

Jul 2016
Tirinchas said:
So if your waifu is (say) Isuzu Sento, you don't have a whole waifu. You're lucky if you get a nail clipping.

Unless you think multiple instances of them exist simultaneously.
Sep 21, 2022 6:44 PM

Sep 2014
Ymri said:
Hrybami said:

Pffft.. Yep, I agree :D
By the way, can I ask you guys who your waifu is oO?

Of course, my waifu has to be the most beautiful one. Elaina.

Sep 21, 2022 6:49 PM

Jun 2017
IpreferEcchi said:
Tirinchas said:
So if your waifu is (say) Isuzu Sento, you don't have a whole waifu. You're lucky if you get a nail clipping.

Unless you think multiple instances of them exist simultaneously.

But in that case only their bodies are multiplied. They still share all the same soul. And when you choose a waifu, you're not interested in her body but only in her soul, right?

...right?

Sep 21, 2022 6:57 PM

Jul 2016
Tirinchas said:
But in that case only their bodies are multiplied. They still share all the same soul. And when you choose a waifu, you're not interested in her body but only in her soul, right?

...right?

That's hot if they have memories of everyone they've been with, because they acquire skills they can use on you then.
Sep 21, 2022 7:00 PM

Jul 2021
Because I'm waiting to die suddenly and be isekai'd to another world where I get an adorable imouto with an extreme case of brother complex.
Sep 21, 2022 7:02 PM
Jan 2012
I used to think I never got a waifu because I wasn't into the whole concept, but then I realized it's because I've seen no female character that can measure up to Lyn from Fire Emblem.
Sep 21, 2022 7:12 PM
Jul 2018
You marry an Anime Character = No children, can't even f**k her/him, can only stare at computer screen and j**k off(which you will grow tired of, believe me).

You marry a real person = Have children, can also f**k her/him.
Sep 21, 2022 7:53 PM

Jul 2022
Because anime girls don't have peepees, canonically anyway.

Also, you know, falling in love with a cartoon character is cringy and stupid tbh.

Sep 22, 2022 12:39 AM

Feb 2020
Because they are simply my favorite characters and nothing more.
Sep 22, 2022 12:44 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Unpopular opinion: Those who don't have waifu are grumpy oldies who only adore 80s and 90s shows.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created.

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

49 by Old_School_Akira »»
17 seconds ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

27 by BlueBullet178 »»
10 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream?

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

40 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
11 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

138 by WaffleMaster89 »»
11 minutes ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - 9 hours ago

13 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.