Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Nijiyon: Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Yonkoma' Gets TV Anime in January 2023

New
Sep 18, 2022 9:42 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The official website of the Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai (Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club) television anime announced a short television anime adaptation for Hito Miyako's spin-off manga on Sunday, revealing an announcement video and key visual (pictured). The anime is scheduled to broadcast in January 2023 on Tokyo MX and BS11.

Miyako began serializing the manga on Love Live!'s Love Live! School Idol Festival ALL STARS mobile rhythm game website in December 2018. The manga transferred to Dengeki G's magazine and began serialization in July 2019 until December. In June 2020, the official Love Live! YouTube channel began uploading the manga in video format with voices by the main cast. Kadokawa shipped the second volume on June 17.

The television anime produced by Sunrise aired in two 13-episode anime seasons in Fall 2020 and Spring 2022.

Announcement

Official site: https://www.lovelive-anime.jp/nijigasaki/niji4anime.php
Official Twitter: @LoveLive_staff

Source: Comic Natalie

Nijiyon Animation on MAL
VindstotDec 24, 2023 9:59 AM
Sep 18, 2022 9:46 AM

Apr 2014
The production of TV anime was announced during Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club 5th Live! Nijigasaku Basho Next TOKIMEKI on 18 September 2022. This is great news by the way. Even though it was not the third season or a movie announcement.

Some examples of Nijiyon slideshow animation

AkeZZZSep 18, 2022 9:50 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 18, 2022 10:03 AM

Apr 2012
AkeZZZ said:
The production of TV anime was announced during Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club 5th Live! Nijigasaku Basho Next TOKIMEKI on 18 September 2022. This is great news by the way. Even though it was not the third season or a movie announcement.

Some examples of Nijiyon slideshow animation

Some crazy fan took the producers hostage? LL will soon have more anime than MHA or SAO.
Sep 18, 2022 10:04 AM

Apr 2016
RobertBobert said:
Some crazy fan took the producers hostage? LL will soon have more anime than MHA or SAO.

Dude, its Idols.

You dont understand the power of Idols in asia, its like if all the copy machines around the world broke all at once.
Sep 18, 2022 10:07 AM
Jul 2019
Would also like to note that the existing 4-komas don't have Yu Takasaki and is likely set in the game universe, where the main character is you (the player).

While this has Yu, which means it ties in more with the anime timeline and should be completely new content, not an adaptation of the existing 4-komas.

This is great as I don't really see Nijigasaki anime story ending with a graduation arc in an anime sequel (yet). They still have a lot of other ongoing side content that they can adapt as spin-off anime.
nevergainSep 18, 2022 10:24 AM
Sep 18, 2022 10:09 AM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
RobertBobert said:

Dude, its Idols.

You dont understand the power of Idols in asia, its like if all the copy machines around the world broke all at once.

I understand that they are idols. I find it more funny that people who are always whining about milking mainstream franchises don't mind it.
Sep 18, 2022 10:16 AM

Dec 2016
More Love Live! it is.

»[Hana no Tou - Sayuri
0:00 〇────── 1:30
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡
Sep 18, 2022 11:15 AM

Jul 2015
RobertBobert said:

Idols are VERY popular in Japan, but in the west, not at all.
That's why Love Life, BangDream and others are keep getting anime.
Symphogear even received five full season, despite almost nobody caring about it in the west and having the worst protegonist in all anime.
PiromyslSep 18, 2022 4:08 PM

Sep 18, 2022 11:17 AM

Apr 2012
Piromysl said:
RobertBobert said:

Symphogear even received five full season, despite almost nobody caring about it in the west

I don't know, I thought Symphogay has always been a cult hit in the West, not least because of the shipping and the great all-star cast. Although I won't argue, maybe it's the survivor's syndrome due to the fact that I hardly communicate with anime normies.
Sep 18, 2022 12:38 PM

Dec 2012
u weebs better not be shit talking symphogear now

ill be monitoring this thread...

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 18, 2022 1:07 PM

May 2020
I can bet not a single human is capable who can keep count of entries in the love live franchise at this point.
Sep 18, 2022 3:09 PM

Nov 2008
I didn't even know this existed, it's probably going to be a short like Cinderella Girls Gekijou.

Softhenic03 said:
I can bet not a single human is capable who can keep count of entries in the love live franchise at this point.

Most Love Live anime outside of the main installments are MVs though.

Sep 18, 2022 4:30 PM

Apr 2012
Infatuate said:

Lol, I'll talk about whatever I want. Not to mention, trying to be arrogant when you've watched many times less anime is pretty funny.
Sep 18, 2022 5:03 PM

Jul 2015
RobertBobert said:
Piromysl said:

Symphogear even received five full season, despite almost nobody caring about it in the west

I don't know, I thought Symphogay has always been a cult hit in the West, not least because of the shipping and the great all-star cast. Although I won't argue, maybe it's the survivor's syndrome due to the fact that I hardly communicate with anime normies.

Literally exact opposite, because I see almost noone talking about it in the west, while in Japan it is so big, that even has huge real life events like concerts.

Sep 18, 2022 5:08 PM

Apr 2012
Piromysl said:
RobertBobert said:

Literally exact opposite, because I see almost noone talking about it in the west, while in Japan it is so big, that even has huge real life events like concerts.

Well, live concerts are the norm for all-female music shows, to begin with. But I do constantly meet people in the west who talk about it. Mostly among moe fanboys and shippers, but still.
Sep 18, 2022 5:30 PM

Jul 2016
Next year will be year of idol. WIth Nijiyon, Sunshine fantasy, Superstar S3 and Idolmaster new anime. God bless idol anime. I hope someday Setsuna isekai manga will get anime too.
Sep 18, 2022 9:44 PM

Dec 2012
RobertBobert said:
Infatuate said:

Lol, I'll talk about whatever I want. Not to mention, trying to be arrogant when you've watched many times less anime is pretty funny.

It's the first time I've ever seen someone trying to use total anime hours as street cred. Clearly a chad irl LMFAO.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 19, 2022 1:14 AM

Apr 2012
Metamarphosis said:
Next year will be year of idol. WIth Nijiyon, Sunshine fantasy, Superstar S3 and Idolmaster new anime. God bless idol anime. I hope someday Setsuna isekai manga will get anime too.

So like every year?

Infatuate said:
RobertBobert said:

It's the first time I've ever seen someone trying to use total anime hours as street cred. Clearly a chad irl LMFAO.

Because this is the first time some clearly a chad irl is trying to arrogantly tell me what I can discuss.
Sep 19, 2022 1:40 AM
Aug 2021
my beloved anime <3

:)

so cute
StaciasSep 19, 2022 1:58 AM
Sep 19, 2022 3:54 AM

Dec 2018
Awesome IMO we need more female-only anime =) and LL is one of the better Idols with strong Yuri vibes

Looking forward to watching the cute little lesbians climbing all over each other,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Sep 19, 2022 4:34 AM

Oct 2017
Chibi Nijigasaki girls, should be cute.
Sep 19, 2022 4:56 AM

Dec 2018
Oh forgot to say that I love the Rainbow Days cover

Lanzhu and her little wife Shioriko are so fucking cute together♥♥ and to see my little lesbians climbing all over each other in the official art just warms my heart =)

They are my second favorite ship in this, and I hope they will do some lesbian kissing,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
17 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.