Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi.' Gets TV Anime

New
Sep 9, 2022 2:00 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
An official website launched by Kadokawa announced a television anime adaptation of Makiko Nagaoka's Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. (Our Dating Story: The Experienced You and The Inexperienced Me) light novel on Friday, revealing the main staff and a teaser visual (pictured).

Staff
Director: Hideaki Ooba (Koroshi Ai, Kai Byoui Ramune)
Series Composition: Hiroko Fukuda (Taishou Otome Otogibanashi, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Movie)
Character Design: Yousuke Itou (Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru., Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka?)
Studio: ENGI

Kadokawa began publishing the school romance light novel—also known by its short title KimiZero—in September 2020, featuring illustrations by magako. The fifth volume is scheduled for a September 20 release.

Gangan Online began serializing a manga adaptation by Noyama Carpaccio on February 23. Square Enix will publish the first volume on September 12.

Synopsis
Ryuuto Kashima is a gloomy high schooler. As part of a punishment game, he was forced to confess to Runa Shirakawa, a girl from the top of the school caste who was admired by everyone.

They ended up going out for the unexpected reason of "Err, I'm free now so..." but Ryuuto ends up following and eavesdropping on Runa being confessed by a handsome soccer club member, and Runa bringing Ryuuto, whom she had just begun dating, to her own room as a matter of course.

They have different friends and ways to have fun, and they are different in almost every way. Nonetheless, they begin to relate with each other after being surprised by their differences every day and accepting them.

Official site: https://kimizero.com/
Official Twitter: @kimizero_anime
Novel special site: https://fantasiabunko.jp/special/202009keikenzumi/

Source: Press Release

Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. on MAL
VindstotSep 9, 2022 4:38 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 9, 2022 2:09 AM

Apr 2016
Dormant male MC stories are the new hot thing now, aren't they.
Sep 9, 2022 2:09 AM

Jul 2015
Oh boi. It's ENGI again, which means Kadokawa is rather interested in making money than anime.
Sounds like this Popular Girl vs Unpopular Boy type of romcom, which we have quite a lot lately.
PiromyslSep 9, 2022 2:16 AM

Sep 9, 2022 2:10 AM

Oct 2018
I didn't expected the light novel will get an anime adaptation. I've beem reading this since the novel was released and for those people will expect something from this show, don't expect something great. This is a lowkey Rent A Girlfriend + Sono Bisque Doll story.

And ENGI will animate this? Good riddance. Well that's the same for the novel.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Sep 9, 2022 2:11 AM

Apr 2014
GREAT! FINALLY! LET'S GOOOOO!
I really hope ENGI will not mess everything up.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 9, 2022 2:12 AM

Sep 2020
This sounded really good, then I saw it was by ENGI… I’ll still watch but hopefully it is decent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2022 2:23 AM
Oct 2020
The novel's pretty good. As others have mentioned, hopefully ENGI doesn't disappoint again.
Sep 9, 2022 2:25 AM

Apr 2012
So, LN rom-com adaptations are now a seasonal thing too?
Sep 9, 2022 2:29 AM
Aug 2021
ayo i already love it, looks lovely
Sep 9, 2022 2:47 AM
Jan 2020
ENGI has 5 shows this year alone, Kadokawa loves money
Sep 9, 2022 2:47 AM

May 2020
Gloomy high schooler getting a big boobie blondie chick.. about time we make a separate genre for these entries.
Sep 9, 2022 2:55 AM

Apr 2012
Softhenic03 said:
Gloomy high schooler getting a big boobie blondie chick.. about time we make a separate genre for these entries.

Enough to make a gyaru tag, I bet this is not the last such show.
Sep 9, 2022 3:07 AM

Sep 2019
Studio ENGI, automatic red flag. I may watch, but I'm going to wait.
Sep 9, 2022 3:10 AM

Oct 2017
I really dun like ENGI's adaptations. They tend to be bland af.
Sep 9, 2022 3:19 AM
Sep 2022
Nonetheless, they begin to relate with each other after being surprised by their differences every day and accepting them.

I hope the anime follows through with this theme in a satisfying, uplifting way. =w=
Sep 9, 2022 3:58 AM
Feb 2017
A beta/cuck Mc and slut Fmc? InstaDrop.
Sep 9, 2022 4:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
I didn't expected the light novel will get an anime adaptation. I've beem reading this since the novel was released and for those people will expect something from this show, don't expect something great. This is a lowkey Rent A Girlfriend + Sono Bisque Doll story.

Not a fan of Rent a Girlfriend anyone more but I loved the later series here so I'll check it out

I just hope that the romance doesn't drag and actually goes somewhere and that the guy doesn't stay a wimp for so long
Sep 9, 2022 4:31 AM

Feb 2021
Another ENGI masterpiece incoming, can't wait....
Sep 9, 2022 4:49 AM
Jul 2017
Yoo IM surprised this got anime adaptation i thought the LN are not that popular i gues this is my dress up darling efect. Either way IM hype, they got good staf for the wholesome part, now i hope they nailed the drama part.
Monster of the week trope is a sign inability of the author to write a good plot so they introduce random ass villain to distract viewer with action.

My English is not good.

Sep 9, 2022 5:11 AM
May 2016
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

Is there harem or love triangle?
Sep 9, 2022 5:16 AM

Apr 2014
ninka22 said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

There is some kind of love triangle in the light novel, but not a harem.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 9, 2022 5:51 AM

Oct 2015
Never heard of this LN title.

So I went to the LN community to check for responses. One of them mentioned that this LN is similar to My First Girlfriend Is A Gal. Never heard of that anime too. :/
NewestPersonHereSep 9, 2022 8:02 AM
Sep 9, 2022 5:59 AM

Jul 2015
im glad it was mentioned that the female lead slept with so many guys in the synopsis so people who dont like that can avoid it

not my cup of tea , skip
Sep 9, 2022 6:10 AM

Oct 2015
Piromysl said:
Oh boi. It's ENGI again, which means Kadokawa is rather interested in making money than anime.
Sounds like this Popular Girl vs Unpopular Boy type of romcom, which we have quite a lot lately.

Popular Girl and gloomy* boy.

I hanged out in the LN community. The most common types of romcoms are:
1) Popular Girl and gloomy boy. A lot of them has "Angel" in the title.
2) Started dating from a penalty game. A lot of these types of romcom LNs have not gotten English translation.
3) Popular girl wants to be spoilt by boy (most of the time average boy). There is a new one last month in HJ Bunko.

By the way, the number of new romcom LNs outnumber isekai LNs~
Sep 9, 2022 6:21 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
ENGI is pretty much a death sentence for it lmao.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 9, 2022 6:26 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
tragedydesu said:
im glad it was mentioned that the female lead slept with so many guys in the synopsis so people who dont like that can avoid it

not my cup of tea , skip
How'd you come to this conclusion lol
Sep 9, 2022 6:33 AM

Oct 2018
ninka22 said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

If I may remember, I think not but there's a girl there who is obsessed with the MC and acts like Mami from Rent a Girlfriend.
Who knows? The novel is still ongoing though. I wish it would not like Osamake.

― Natsume Takashi
Sep 9, 2022 6:35 AM

Oct 2018
tragedydesu said:

not my cup of tea , skip
If you read the novel, I think it was mentioned there. The girl is a whore or some shit.

― Natsume Takashi
Sep 9, 2022 6:44 AM
May 2016
tragedydesu said:

not my cup of tea , skip

would you have same reaction if male lead slept with many girls?
Sep 9, 2022 6:47 AM

Jul 2021
The synopsis sounds shit to me.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 9, 2022 7:12 AM

Jul 2015
@Tokoya
oh sorry my bad , it wasn't mentioned in the synopsis , i read it in some reviews
well , the title is sussy enough to makes me realise it though x)

@ninka22
yep my reaction will be the same , i dropped some anime/manga because the mc was a playboy
when it comes to romance/comedy and cgdct i demand a high level of purity , i watch them to relax and warm my heart not for some shitty angsty drama
even though i hate playboys/whores i wouldn't mind them in a dark anime
Sep 9, 2022 7:19 AM

Sep 2020
I'm pretty sure this going to be a sh*t show in the end. Eh, what the hell, just put some fanservice and its good to go.
Sep 9, 2022 7:35 AM

Nov 2008
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

That does not mix well in the slightest, it's a recipe for a bad anime.

Sep 9, 2022 7:42 AM

May 2021
at least this is keeping ENGI occupied from taking good stuff lmao. but fr tho, i hope ENGI becomes a better studio.
Sep 9, 2022 8:44 AM
Jul 2019
I feel some Hajimete no gal vibe from this
Sep 9, 2022 8:49 AM
Jan 2017
Beta doormat mc and slut fmc? NO THANKS
Sep 9, 2022 9:09 AM
Aug 2015
ninka22 said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

There is a 2nd girl, that girl is related to the fmc, so she knows her boundary and the MC is dedicated to the FMC anyway
Sep 9, 2022 11:46 AM

Mar 2020
RobertBobert said:

Oh yeah its gonna be now one look at r/light novels and novel updates will tell you this stuff is pumping out like crazy now

Rom Com High school/Villainess otome/Your Generic action Fantasy LN are like THE TRIO of current light novel industry
Sep 9, 2022 12:13 PM

Apr 2012
AnimeFA78N said:
RobertBobert said:

Oh yeah its gonna be now one look at r/light novels and novel updates will tell you this stuff is pumping out like crazy now

Rom Com High school/Villainess otome/Your Generic action Fantasy LN are like THE TRIO of current light novel industry

Yeah, but I meant something else. As I noticed, we are already consistently getting 1-2 such shows per season. In this it is Mamahaha.
Sep 9, 2022 1:26 PM

Oct 2018
Hoppy said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

Hate to break it to you but it's a bad romance actually. We have an unpopular virgin guy and a whore who dated a bunch of men until she picked him. I think the last volume ends when after they stranded on a love hotel because of a storm. And we have also a bitch who is obssesed with the MC.

― Natsume Takashi
Sep 9, 2022 1:44 PM

Nov 2008
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
Hoppy said:

Hate to break it to you but it's a bad romance actually. We have an unpopular virgin guy and a whore who dated a bunch of men until she picked him. I think the last volume ends when after they stranded on a love hotel because of a storm. And we have also a bitch who is obssesed with the MC.

That's even worse than I thought, I hope such a romance isn't becoming a trend.

Sep 9, 2022 5:52 PM

Nov 2012
So Hige wo Soru but a classmate instead of an older ojisan, great! Dropped b4 even animated.

My Candies:

Sep 9, 2022 7:20 PM
May 2019
Definitely going to watch this. Thr output of rom coms as of late is nothing but a blessing for me. Rom coms to me is like how most anime fans are towards action shounen.
Sep 10, 2022 1:05 AM

Sep 2016
yet another stacy and her beta provider anime
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 10, 2022 1:09 AM
Jan 2020
AnimeFA78N said:
RobertBobert said:

RomCom's have been always a thing, that shouldn't even be said lmao
Sep 10, 2022 1:27 AM
Mar 2014
This kinda shit gets animated and not something actually worth, like Gal Gohan? The depression always be hittin
Sep 10, 2022 1:30 AM
May 2016
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
Hoppy said:

Just because girl dated a bunch of men doesn't make her a whore even if she had sex with them. She wasn't cheating on any of her boyfriends while she was dating them and wasn't selling her body for money. So haw is she a whore. If a man dated a bunch of women and had sexual relationship with them while he dated each of them would you call that man a whore. So if your a guy you sleep with many girls your cool. but when girls sleep with many guys she's a whore?

manga is quite cute so far.
Sep 10, 2022 1:47 AM

Mar 2020
Ronninn said:
AnimeFA78N said:

they are but currently these type of weird permise ones getting popped up like crazy instead of normal fluffy ones
Sep 10, 2022 2:01 AM
Jan 2020
Gyaru's x normal guy isn't really anything new

remove this comment mods because you guys don't have a simple delete button in mobile
Sep 10, 2022 2:01 AM
Jan 2020
AnimeFA78N said:
Ronninn said:

they are but currently these type of weird permise ones getting popped up like crazy instead of normal fluffy ones

Gyaru's x normal guy isn't really anything new
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

4 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.