Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Sep 1, 2022 2:34 AM
Dec 2021
Did someone get the badge ?OwO

Sep 1, 2022 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
Only one I finished was the one I planned on at the start, Summer Ghost which I enjoyed alot more than I thought I would.
Sep 1, 2022 4:48 AM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
A Summer Out of This World stack: completed Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
Midsummer Mermaids stack: completed Ningyo Series
Sep 1, 2022 5:40 AM

Mar 2011
So the first few of those who finished the Challenge should get their badges - depending on their respective Timezones - during the next couple of hours or so, right?
Sep 1, 2022 6:05 AM

Dec 2016
summer is over where are my badoji

Sep 1, 2022 7:38 AM

Feb 2013
>adding manually badges for 18k users
that sounds kinda inefficient
Sep 1, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2020
Completed anime for "A Summer Out of This World" challenge:
- Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
- Shinryaku! Ika Musume
- Tonari no Totoro

Completed manga for "Midsummer Mermaids" challenge:
- Angel no Oka
- Momoiro Ningyo
KhoaMeguminSep 1, 2022 8:04 AM
A N I M E โ€โ€I Sโ€โ€ L I F E !
Sep 1, 2022 10:21 AM

Nov 2017
romagia said:

nah they will use a .csv file and fetch some names and bulk it all

btw, I've watched
Puka Puka Juju - nice and fun
Ano Natsu de Matteru - stupid show lol
still watching Summertime Render - I don't know why but I continue

and I'vre read
Shinkaigyo no Anko-san - very inventive with pleasant characters + some safe ecchi
Salacia - not a good mental experience
Angel no Oka - I just realized that Osamu Tezuka has a great sense of humor
EdgyEcchiSenpaiSep 1, 2022 10:37 AM
Stay gold!
้ญ”ๆณ•ใ‚ˆ้ญ”ๆณ•ใ‚ˆ็”Ÿใพใ‚ŒใฆใŠใ„ใง๏ผ
Sasuga Kasuga! Osaka fan club on MAL. Join us if you like Osaka-san!
Sep 1, 2022 11:10 AM

May 2021
- Natsuiro Kiseki

Sep 1, 2022 11:34 AM
Jun 2022
- Tenki no Ko

- Gokurakugai Sanban doori no Ken

Sep 1, 2022 12:20 PM

Jan 2021
- Kimi to, Nami ni Noretara

- Momoiro Ningyo
Sep 1, 2022 12:20 PM

Feb 2016
romagia said:

I'm sure we'll get our badges before the end of the next challenge.
ใใฎ็›ฎใ ใ‚Œใฎ็›ฎ๏ผŸ
Sep 1, 2022 1:53 PM
Mad scientist

Aug 2020
You don't have to write here what you completed just fyi but fun to see what people watched/read.
Sep 1, 2022 6:17 PM

Apr 2012
ColCasey said:
You don't have to write here what you completed just fyi but fun to see what people watched/read.

So, the badge will be added automatically?
Sep 1, 2022 6:29 PM

Nov 2016
-Ano Natsu de Matteru

(I really thought that they would automatically add the badge lol)
Sep 1, 2022 7:10 PM

Apr 2019
not sure if you need to write what you watched and read for the A Summer Out of This World and Midsummer Mermaids challenge but i will anyway lol - Ano Hana for challenge 1, Kaikisen for challenge 2

manually adding badges for so many users seems exhausting though lol

Alvaritoterreos said:
-Ano Natsu de Matteru

(I really thought that they would automatically add the badge lol)

off topic but wow... based *af* for yoichi icon, tetora avatar and g!hinata in the signature lol
Sep 1, 2022 7:55 PM

Dec 2016
Why are you spamming the thread with your reports? It isn't AWC lmao.

But it's already been a week since the death of summer, and my badges aren't anywhere to be seen! Hmmm, where could 'em be?

Sep 1, 2022 9:20 PM
Feb 2020
ColCasey said:

I agree! I watched Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo for the anime challenge. I liked it and the ending had me really engaged!
MALoween 2023: x6
MALoween 2022:   x8
Sep 2, 2022 4:25 AM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
ColCasey said:

So, the badge will be added automatically?
Yeah. It seems they're a little behind on handing them out this time
Sep 2, 2022 5:32 AM

Aug 2015
yeah its only been a couple of days but then again i did rewatch deji girl and read ningyo no sodatekata
Sep 2, 2022 2:19 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
As mentioned in the first post, they are not handed out automatically. They'll arrive on your profiles in the coming days.

Thanks for taking part and please look forward to the next challenges!

staff.applicationsใ€€โ–ผใ€€
guidelines.faqใ€€โ–ผ
ใ€€

report.abuseใ€€โ–ผใ€€

thx.skittlesใ€€โ–ผใ€€
thx.kinaใ€€โ–ผ
ใ€€

[H+] ³ใ€€โ–ผใ€€
Sep 2, 2022 5:47 PM

Jun 2022
just to complete the challenge, i started reading manga, and now im hooked. i like it more than anime now. lol.

Sep 2, 2022 6:00 PM
Sep 2017
Yea completed mines before August31 https://myanimelist.net/anime/273/Mahoutsukai_ni_Taisetsu_na_Koto it was pretty good.
Mc Basilic Stanley

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 2, 2022 9:53 PM

Jun 2015
Just in case, considering other people have done it — the following were completed within the time of this challenge:

- Kaijuu no Kodomo
- Puka Puka Juju

- Gokurakugai Sanban-doori no Ken
Sep 3, 2022 12:20 PM
Jan 2018
Hello, Do i need to tell what i've watched to get the badges !?
Sep 3, 2022 12:31 PM

Mar 2017
naro_senpai said:

Nope! You just have to have restacked the stacks. They're still working on handing the badges out, but you should be getting them eventually.
Sep 3, 2022 2:06 PM
May 2014
>choose some anime and set them as completed without watching
>receive badge
>remove the anime from your list
>win
Sep 3, 2022 3:29 PM

May 2018
I liked the challenge. It made me watch/read something unusual which I wouldn't do if not for the challenge.
Some memorable things are:
Summer Ghost. An average thing, but I enjoyed it. I expected it to be worse.
Mermaid Scales and the Town of Sand. Unexpectedly touching and immersive manga.
Takahashi Rumiko's Mermaid Forest.
And the most memorable one - Salacia by Go Nagai. I am proud I've read it and put it in my collection of 1/10 manga lol.
Nemo_NiemandSep 3, 2022 3:33 PM

Sep 3, 2022 5:55 PM
Jan 2018
iShipMyFriends said:
naro_senpai said:

Nope! You just have to have restacked the stacks. They're still working on handing the badges out, but you should be getting them eventually.

Cool thank you
Sep 3, 2022 11:12 PM

May 2010
XIIl said:
>choose some anime and set them as completed without watching
>receive badge
>remove the anime from your list
>win

Are you saying you can just set anime as completed on MAL without actually having watched it??? Have I wasted my time on something you could just rig in 10 minutes???
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku
Sep 4, 2022 8:24 AM
No.1 Rias Lover

Feb 2021
romagia said:
Wdym? I don't see the issue ๐Ÿค“
Sep 4, 2022 8:40 AM
Sep 2022
Sep 4, 2022 8:41 AM

Jul 2022
yeeee
> Hi! I'm Levi from Brazil
Sep 4, 2022 10:10 AM

Jan 2022
Can someone explain how to do this? If I complete something this season, will it counts towards getting the badge or do I need to do something else? What does restack the stacked mean?
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 4, 2022 10:59 AM
Apr 2021
Watched:
Summer Ghost

My Anime List: Link

All friend requests are accepted. Come say hi. We can be friends.

Sep 4, 2022 7:08 PM

Feb 2014
So they are still handing the badges manually? ok, I was getting worried that I screwd up by not restacking or something.
Sep 5, 2022 5:52 AM

May 2010
Is handing badges manually really less taxing than just making some code magic thingy to do that?
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku
Sep 5, 2022 10:19 AM

Jul 2021
cooldogmom said:
Can someone explain how to do this? If I complete something this season, will it counts towards getting the badge or do I need to do something else? What does restack the stacked mean?
You will not get the badge for this challenge since the deadline was 31 august and it's already too late now, so you have to try it for the next time. And no this challenge doesn't have anything related to the seasonal anime, it's entirely a different thing. I'm not sure if you have heard about the interest stacks before or not so I'm gonna try to explain it to you, it is a new feature by MAL where you put different anime/manga with some similarities in them into a list (yes, the list is called a stack) and when some users like a certain stack they will simply click the restack button (it works similarly like a "LIKE" button) and it will get saved in their profile. Its main use is to improve the recommendation feature, where you can find a lot of similar shows in a single stack. You can check out this thread for better info https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2006510

The first step in getting the badge is to get to the challenge thread and click on the link on which badge you want to have, they mainly have two stacks for the challenge, one for the anime and the other for the manga. The second step is on the interest stack page you will find a small parallelogram icon with a +sign on it (if the sign is +, it means you haven't restacked it and you will not get the badge) so you need to restack it by clicking the icon and it will turn into -sign. And the last step is to watch/read the given shows in the interest stack and add them in your completed list. Completing a single show will do you don't have to watch/read every single one of them. Also, you can have both badges if you want :)

I have used the links from this challenge to make it easy to understand and the procedure will be the same in the next challenge too, I guess so lol
Sep 6, 2022 7:41 AM
Apr 2021
I have completed summer ghost before deadline

My Anime List: Link

All friend requests are accepted. Come say hi. We can be friends.

Sep 6, 2022 11:42 AM

Nov 2017
has anyone received a badge yet or it's just an urban legend?
Stay gold!
้ญ”ๆณ•ใ‚ˆ้ญ”ๆณ•ใ‚ˆ็”Ÿใพใ‚ŒใฆใŠใ„ใง๏ผ
Sasuga Kasuga! Osaka fan club on MAL. Join us if you like Osaka-san!
Sep 6, 2022 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
so is there going to be an autumn challenge too or are we stopping at this season?
Sep 8, 2022 12:57 AM
May 2020
Has anyone received badges yet?
My candies:

My bonus candies:
Sep 8, 2022 3:01 AM

Jan 2020
NVMEKIVN said:
Has anyone received badges yet?

I haven't yet. They did say it's going to take a while.
Sep 8, 2022 6:42 AM

Jul 2021
- Kaikisen
- Gokurakugai Sanban-doori no Ken
- Momoiro Ningyo
- Ningyo no Sodatekata
- Salacia: Waga Hakugin no Mermaid
Sep 8, 2022 10:51 AM

Sep 2018
Jeez, manually adding the badges for this many users? This is going to take ages and also seems like a waste of mods times when they could be doing actually useful things. Is making a script that automates this somehow out of the question?

Also I see a lot of people posting what they watched/read. Is there a post in the thread saying to do that to help out somewhere or is this just people assuming that this will somehow get them a badge quicker?

EdgyEcchiSenpai said:
romagia said:

nah they will use a .csv file and fetch some names and bulk it all

The first post says it's being done manually...
KristiwazhereSep 8, 2022 12:44 PM
Sep 8, 2022 12:42 PM

Mar 2017
Kristiwazhere said:
Also I see a lot of people posting what they watched/read. Is there a post in the thread saying to do that to help out somewhere or is this just people assuming that this will something get them a badge quicker?

I think it's just that some people assume this works like the Anime Watching Challenge/Manga Reading Challenge, where you have to make a forum post with what you've completed. It's not required for stack challenges, and I doubt it actually affects anything at all.
Sep 8, 2022 2:50 PM

May 2018
I still don't get what "restack" means. Did I have to abandon the challenge after finishing something and join it again? I am confused. I just joined the challenges (by clicking the only one clickable thingy there) and completed some titles. Did I miss it?

Sep 8, 2022 3:23 PM

Mar 2017
Nemo_Niemand said:
I still don't get what "restack" means. Did I have to abandon the challenge after finishing something and join it again? I am confused. I just joined the challenges (by clicking the only one clickable thingy there) and completed some titles. Did I miss it?

"Restacking" means clicking on that symbol so that it looks like this:

To get a badge, you just have to restack the challenge stack (as shown in the image) and finish at least one title in that stack before the end of the challenge period. If you didn't do that before August ended, I'm afraid that you missed it.
Sep 8, 2022 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
Nemo_Niemand said:

When they did the Spring one, Kineta made a little guide.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2006510&show=0#msg66080855

And here's the official stacks made my MAL. Of course, there's no challenges going on, but this is where it'll be when it's time
https://myanimelist.net/stacks/search?type=myanimelist

When you see a challenge one (it'll have a tag next to the red anime tag/yellow manga tag), just click the double square next to the number, it should turn blue. That means you've restacked it. Similar to a "favorite" or "like" feature on a social media site. All that's left is to watch/read/ or rewatch/reread one of the series in that list.
removed-userSep 8, 2022 4:11 PM
Sep 9, 2022 5:14 AM

May 2018
iShipMyFriends said:
Nemo_Niemand said:

"Restacking" means clicking on that symbol so that it looks like this:

To get a badge, you just have to restack the challenge stack (as shown in the image) and finish at least one title in that stack before the end of the challenge period. If you didn't do that before August ended, I'm afraid that you missed it.
LordLofty said:
Nemo_Niemand said:

When they did the Spring one, Kineta made a little guide.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2006510&show=0#msg66080855

And here's the official stacks made my MAL. Of course, there's no challenges going on, but this is where it'll be when it's time
https://myanimelist.net/stacks/search?type=myanimelist

When you see a challenge one (it'll have a tag next to the red anime tag/yellow manga tag), just click the double square next to the number, it should turn blue. That means you've restacked it. Similar to a "favorite" or "like" feature on a social media site. All that's left is to watch/read/ or rewatch/reread one of the series in that list.

Thank you. Apparently it was just "re-" in "restack" which confused me. I thought it needed something redone multiple times if it has "re-" in it lol. (pardon my French). Then I guess I did what was needed.

Edit: Yay, I got them.
Nemo_NiemandSep 9, 2022 5:18 AM

Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

201 by EverySportsAnime »»
11 hours ago

» New Site Update: Peak Anime ๐Ÿ—ป ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Destinesia »»
Today, 5:09 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3340 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.